Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Country rock songs in the albums of our Carrie Underwood

Hello, everyone. It's always good for me to receive your help.

Country rock is one of the sub-genres of country music. It's possible that several songs in Carrie's albums belong to this kind. And I have a feeling that "Undo It" may be an example.

How many country rock songs are there in the albums? And I really want to know what their names are.

Thank you so much for all the opinions.

Last edited:

carebear4eva

Undo it and Last Name seem like country rock w/ pop influences to me.

I don't find much of a pop influence in them. They're country with rock, same as Songs Like This and Cowboy Casanova

Her pop songs are more like AAG, TAPFU, etc.

Ald

thunder92

^Undo It is very country/pop to me, not much rock. SLT isnt really either, just country really. The rockers are def CC and LN

supercarriefan

I think that Cowboy Casanova and Undo It both could go either way between country/pop and country/rock. I see where people would get both interpretations. Songs Like This is straight up country to me. Perhaps it's the instrumentation.
Last Name certainly has a country rock feel. Before He Cheats is kind of a country/rock/pop hybrid lol.

I think country music in general draws influence from so many genres that it is entirely possible to hear lots of styles within a single artist's body of work. It's part of what makes country a very diverse genre :). You can hear a little country, rock, pop, blues and several other styles all in one genre!

carebear4eva

I think that Cowboy Casanova and Undo It both could go either way between country/pop and country/rock. I see where people would get both interpretations. Songs Like This is straight up country to me. Perhaps it's the instrumentation.
Last Name certainly has a country rock feel. Before He Cheats is kind of a country/rock/pop hybrid lol.

I think country music in general draws influence from so many genres that it is entirely possible to hear lots of styles within a single artist's body of work. It's part of what makes country a very diverse genre :). You can hear a little country, rock, pop, blues and several other styles all in one genre!

I agree strongly with this.

Farawayhills

Country Rock is a one of the most dynamic threads in Country Music - but the issue is complicated by the fact that there are several styles - for example, Classic California Country Rock, associated with bands like the Eagles; Outlaw Country Rock, associated with the Hippie-Redneck fusion in Texas; and Red Dirt Country Rock, originating in Stillwater and Tulsa, Oklahoma, and now often produced in Texas (those are just a few styles). Today, a lot of Country Rock bands are based in Austin Texas and Athens, Georgia.

One of Carrie's most interesting songs is "Before He Cheats", which was co-written by Chris Tompkins, a writer with a background in Muscle Shoals, Alabama - which is a recording centre with a great history in developing Country Rock. Carrie gets a mention in the Wikipedia article for carrying on the tradition of Muscle Shoals music in a contemporary hit, which I think is exactly right. Her performance in this song deserves to be seen as outstanding, in my opinion - she shows a great rapport with the music, and I doubt if many (if any) young contemporary singers could have handled it with such a sympathetic feel for the musical variations.

I'd pick two other songs as coming close to Country Rock - "Get Out Of This Town" and "Songs Like This". The latter is one of my two favourite songs from her last album, and the one where I feel she comes closest to the modern spirit of Outlaw Country Rock.

alaska34

An incredible and awesome sharing it is. I really like this great and too awesome work done too much
thanks for this massive working