Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Country Standard Time: Life Is Tough for Carrie Underwood

teesharky

very nice, supportive article defending Carrie! :)

Life is tough for Carrie Underwood

Quote: The "fallout" has started, however, for Underwood.

Canadian radio station KISS FM - 105.3 on your dial if you're living in Ottawa - refused to play Underwood's music. It sounded as if they were mad about Fisher being traded and taking it out on Underwood.
The reaction was none too pleasant from some quarters, at least based on web postings.
On the station's Facebook page, Debbie Thompson wrote, "Is it true KISS FM........you are banning Carrie Underwood songs.......I am not too happy!!!"
And from Kristin Horrell, "WOW! This is total BS!! Ban Carrie and lose many listeners. It's not her fault. Just shows how much of an immature station you guys really are." Sarah Hundertmark, a high school student from Ottawa, wrote, "That's so stupid! Carrie Underwood is such an amazing singer and she didn't do anything to have Mike traded! It was only a matter of time!!"

--------------continued at site.

jaylee50

That is too funny!! I guess a lot of radio stations across the US are commenting about the trade and Carrie's influence on it. The one I heard about in RI defends Carrie and said she had nothing to do with it. One thing is certain, Carrie and Mike are getting a lot of press coverage from this. I think it will be favorable to both Carrie and Mike.

The Nanook

Yeah I heard this on the local pop station this morning too. I can't be mad though, this is more comical than anything else. I don't think they're serious or can keep it up very long anyway. She doesn't have a single out right now so it's not that bad.

robinannhunt

Kiss was a pop station and didn't play Carrie's music anyway. The station has a nice comment on it's web page. They call carrie and mike "Ottawa's first couple"'

Claire2004

Yup, that station is using Carrie and Mike for their publicity, and they're succeeding, lol. Kinda brilliant, if a bit tacky lol.

teesharky

yeah but alot of people took it seriously, not as a joke, and the backlash is not kind to Carrie. It is everywhere. It was not a very funny joke, consideriing that it made everything THAT much worse for Carrie.

no one thought Ottawa hated Carrie until the radio station ban news hit the internet. Now, lots of tweets are coming in saying All of Ottawa and Canada HATE Carrie, and are banning her music. They are exagerrating, of course, but the damage is done. Not good for Carrie's rep.

Claire2004

yeah but alot of people took it seriously, not as a joke, and the backlash is not kind to Carrie. It is everywhere. It was not a very funny joke, consideriing that it made everything THAT much worse for Carrie.

no one thought Ottawa hated Carrie until the radio station ban news hit the internet. Now, lots of tweets are coming in saying All of Ottawa and Canada HATE Carrie, and are banning her music. They are exagerrating, of course, but the damage is done. Not good for Carrie's rep.

True. I saw this story on several sites already. The9513 also posted this story.

12russ79

The Squeky wheel gets all the Grease!!
Most of the Pub i see on this is all positive!! The negative comes from people who never liked Carrie anyway!! The radio station hit a home run with their marketing ploy!! People with half a brain know a Country music singer has no influence in the day to day transactions of a major sports franchise!!