Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

Zach1998

I will never understand this obsession americans have for RADIO success...
Primary outlet for music discovery for the past however many decades. Has definitely seen a decrease since streaming, but still a very important outlet. The #1 song averages 40M audience impressions. If they are able to get her streaming presence up to something like that of Kacey Musgraves, I am all for saying to hell with radio, but the fact that very little has been done to get her there, is the primary reason many are still radio focused. Her music needs to be heard somehow.

angeliccarrie

I wonnd3r if Carrie is disappointed with UMG and how they are promoting her It just feels like she settled with her family and doesn't care so much anymore.. I think I care more than she does and I wish I didn't feel that way.

I think she needs a whole new revamp to her career. New attitude, new label, new approach for marketing and kick *** new MUSIC!

montdu39

Drunk & Hungover and Damage are some of my favourite songs of her career. I honestly don’t think the music is the issue.

I think she’s had a massive career and people are just over her now. They’ve had enough. They want to see new faces. Her belting vocal style is also not “in” right now. It seems people want quieter voices these days for some reason.

That, and I think her aesthetic and brand have gone in the wrong direction. All of the sparkle and outfits and over the top staging is not resonating. People don’t feel they can relate to her anymore. She’s become a “superstar” and not the “girl next door” that people used to love and relate to.

Sometimes I wish she would wear a pair of jeans and a cute t-shirt, put her hair in a ponytail and just sing a country song. lol

lizcarlo

Drunk & Hungover and Damage are some of my favourite songs of her career. I honestly don’t think the music is the issue.

I think she’s had a massive career and people are just over her now. They’ve had enough. They want to see new faces. Her belting vocal style is also not “in” right now. It seems people want quieter voices these days for some reason.

That, and I think her aesthetic and brand have gone in the wrong direction. All of the sparkle and outfits and over the top staging is not resonating. People don’t feel they can relate to her anymore. She’s become a “superstar” and not the “girl next door” that people used to love and relate to.

Sometimes I wish she would wear a pair of jeans and a cute t-shirt, put her hair in a ponytail and just sing a country song. lol
I do really like that side in her voice. I don't want her to stop signature style of singing. I'm fully on board if she wants to try new things with high notes, different styles of singing ect.. Carrie has beautiful different sides to her voice. I would love to hear this kind of singing a little more including in singles.

Last edited:

montdu39

Not really Americans, just Carrie fans. Radio used to be THE metric, it isn't anymore. Many are ok with that, but Carrie fans are clinging to it like the Titanic.
Radio is clearly less important than it used to be, but it still has some value. Streaming is definitely where it’s at right now, and the focus should be on that in my opinion.

I think high streaming could lead to better radio success, but not necessarily as there seems to be a lot of politics in radio spins, versus the organic success of streams, which the fans and public control. Playlisting is crucial as well though.

PRGuy79

Not really Americans, just Carrie fans. Radio used to be THE metric, it isn't anymore. Many are ok with that, but Carrie fans are clinging to it like the Titanic.
I'd be much more willing to abandon the Titanic if the label was focusing on a lifeboat. It isn't. Where are we exceeding expectations if radio is no longer the focus? Streaming? Nope. Awards/industry recognition? Nope. What IS UMG's strategy if they have deliberately abandoned the relic that you believe radio has become?

adam1995

^ yep just Carrie fans, that's why labels pay for these ridiculous over the top spin gains every week to reach number one :rolleyes:
It's a joke. Clearly radio is super important to fans here. And to labels it's important to an extent I guess, sure, but not to too many other people at this point. You point that out yourself fairly often as well, and you're right about that.

adam1995

I'd be much more willing to abandon the Titanic if the label was focusing on a lifeboat. It isn't. Where are we exceeding expectations if radio is no longer the focus? Streaming? Nope. Awards/industry recognition? Nope. What IS UMG's strategy if they have deliberately abandoned the relic that you believe radio has become?
Not sure, but radio isn't the path. Streaming is. They need to focus on that, not radio.

FanSince04

Carrie just replied a heart on Randy Travis’ latest post announcing new music. Could this mean a duet coming?
I might be in the minority here… BUT NO! I do not think doing a duet with a non-current artist is the right path to take. I would love a duet with Chris Stapleton, Kane Brown, or Luke Combs. I know LC will ruffle some of the feathers around here, but their voices would blend well.

maddkat

Staff member
I might be in the minority here… BUT NO! I do not think doing a duet with a non-current artist is the right path to take. I would love a duet with Chris Stapleton, Kane Brown, or Luke Combs. I know LC will ruffle some of the feathers around here, but their voices would blend well.
I don't think you have to worry. Many in the country community replied to Randy's post to support him.

Burst

I wouldn’t mind a duet with Randy as a deep cut on his album or something, but I really hope her comeback is a solo bombastic, countrier single or a heartfelt, soft ballad like Miranda’s Tin Man or Kacey’s Rainbow.

maddkat

Staff member
moved talk of the cowrite recorded by Ashley Wineland here