Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CW Exclusive: Reba Among ACM Honorees (Carrie mention)

Suellen

The only female artist worthy of their special night is REBA, she's been in the business for 35 years, and still going, TOTR just hit #1 and IIWAB jumped 15 places on the country charts. Dolly hasnt had a top 40 hit since the 90s, where's shania now?! Faith hasnt had new material and a top ten hit in AGES , loretta was honored by the grammys, i think that is enough.

Im ticked off that Brooks n Dunn got their own night just because they were retiring, and reba hasnt been honored yet by the ACMs, when she has achieved 12 awards,and a record of 7 female vocalist wins. Plus she's been the host for the last decade, and is ONCE AGAIN hosting this year.

I dont like people saying that carrie is the first female artist to win EOTY twice because it is fan voted, which is alot different to how it was back when dolly, reba, shania, loretta,etc won it. If it was industry voted she wouldnt have won it twice. Im 100% certain about that.
Have to agree Reba does deserve this awards, I think everyone loves Reba --- BUT --- to say she is the only one who deserves it is WRONG. Carrie worked her butt off and deserves this award too. You also have to remember that EOTY is also industry voted. I'm sure if Reba won EOTY, you would not say "She only won it because its fan voted." Carrie won it twice because she deserves it and I'm hoping for another EOTY award this year too.

I also hope that one night they give a tribute to Reba because she does deserve that.

Mirasa45A

In my opinion, the writer of the article uses the word "SUPERSTAR" too loosely because in my humble opinion, Miranda Lambert has not reached that status YET ! JMO.

bigbluegrl23

In my opinion, the writer of the article uses the word "SUPERSTAR" too loosely because in my humble opinion, Miranda Lambert has not reached that status YET ! JMO.

i agree wholeheartately. is it true that mirandas been working her butt off for forever? yes. but does that mean that once she gets a tiny bit of success that we should act like its to the same level as carrie. HELL NO! she is a country star, but superstar, not even close. the performance of only prettier shows her weight at country radio still.
becca T

abbeyjones18

They are honoring the ladies of country music...ladies, in my opinion, truly do not get enough credit. Just wanted to mention it... :)

supercarriefan

The title of the special includes the word superstar. Yes, they are using the word a little loosely perhaps, but there is no need to pick on Miranda about it.

liveasong

I have no problems with fan-voted awards since it speak louder than industry-voted awards. In fact, we have to remember that industry voters are also human beings and fans! So they're basically limiting the world's opinion to 6000 - 8000 people which isn't really representative of our world. That's just me. I still love these shows! Don't worry! =D

coderebaman

wow, I love Reba as much as the next person, and I do think she should get her own tribute show. Agreed. But, for you to take cheap shots at Carrie is not very nice. :( Carrie more then earned EOTY, and her CMA snub was a disgrace. The industry is a bunch of elitist snob, biased people who have their favorites and ignore the raw data. Carrie deserved an EOTY nom at the CMAs, based on her touring numbers, album sales, chart success, and other factors in 2010. So fan voted or not, I am glad the ACMS did the right thing by Carrie....since the CMAS clearly snubbed her for years. It has NOTHING to do with Reba, who I love.

Yea, sorry about that, i have nothing against carrie, if i did would i even be on this forum. I will take back what i said because i did not know that the EOTY category was partially fan voted and industry voted, which changes alot.

teesharky

^ no problem. I am just a little sensitive when it comes to EOTY, after the CMA snub. lol I love Reba though. Of all the women in country, Reba has been the MOST supportive and kind to Carrie. She is so cool. She even went to Carrie's concert in October. She rocks.

epicamends

They are honoring the ladies of country music...ladies, in my opinion, truly do not get enough credit. Just wanted to mention it... :)

THIS. Why make this into a competition? I am just proud that they are giving an entire special to the LADIES of country music, who truly do not get enough support or attention on country radio. The more females that can be honored over the next few years, the better, IMO.

Zman312

I completely agree with you! I feel that female acts are not welcomed very well; however, I feel that once Carrie arrived she opened the door for other female acts. It's very rare that a female is recoginized in the past such as Dolly, Reba and Shania and somehwhat Faith, but than the door seemed to be closed for a while and Carrie cracked that door again. I hear countless ppl giving Taylor credit for opening the door for country acts but I honestly believe it was Carrie who opened the door to this
misogynist genre. I mean once Carrie came to the genre, now they have multiple female ruling the charts! I also most feel like they don't giving Carrie enough credit. For instance, Miranda had one big hit and now she is in the same level as Carrie. Taylor have the numbers but she too is not in the same status at Carrie is. TBH, I am disgusted by Country! I never followed any artist before but Carrie is special and I want the bets for her. I now realized how political and catty this business is! That's why I respect Reba because she seems to favor and welcome everyone!