Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CW Exclusive: Reba Among ACM Honorees (Carrie mention)

rainbow1

Love it!! Yes, we needed some good news!!! I loved every second of the Brooks and Dunn tribute!! This will be awesome!!

Zman312

I was super excited, until I read the fine print. It said "additional honorees will be announced later." lol Watch Taylor wins for being the younges to win Album of the year or something like that. They will find a way to make up a fake category to give her something...lol

but I am super excited that Carrie is being honored! yay!

We needed some good news today.

I am going to shoot myself for saying this, but Tee aren't you being harsh. Wether we like her or not, Country have honored her with that title of being the youngest person to win AOTY. So if they can honor Jennifer for being only the solo female artist to win SOTY,Martina for her social consciousness based on her song and Miranda for being only the female artist to win two AOTY, than Taylor deserves to be nominated for the youngest person (not just female) to win AOTY!

They have to include Dolly and Loretta Lynn along with Tammy Wynett!!! What about Shania??? Faith??

hjj

I agree about those that you mention unless they are doing those only in the last decade would be only reason to not honor them. Also each of those mention Shania, Loretta, Dolly and Reba are worthy of their own special night.

coderebaman

The only female artist worthy of their special night is REBA, she's been in the business for 35 years, and still going, TOTR just hit #1 and IIWAB jumped 15 places on the country charts. Dolly hasnt had a top 40 hit since the 90s, where's shania now?! Faith hasnt had new material and a top ten hit in AGES , loretta was honored by the grammys, i think that is enough.

Im ticked off that Brooks n Dunn got their own night just because they were retiring, and reba hasnt been honored yet by the ACMs, when she has achieved 12 awards,and a record of 7 female vocalist wins. Plus she's been the host for the last decade, and is ONCE AGAIN hosting this year.

I dont like people saying that carrie is the first female artist to win EOTY twice because it is fan voted, which is alot different to how it was back when dolly, reba, shania, loretta,etc won it. If it was industry voted she wouldnt have won it twice. Im 100% certain about that.

Claire2004

The only female artist worthy of their special night is REBA, she's been in the business for 35 years, and still going, TOTR just hit #1 and IIWAB jumped 15 places on the country charts. Dolly hasnt had a top 40 hit since the 90s, where's shania now?! Faith hasnt had new material and a top ten hit in AGES , loretta was honored by the grammys, i think that is enough.

Im ticked off that Brooks n Dunn got their own night just because they were retiring, and reba hasnt been honored yet by the ACMs, when she has achieved 12 awards,and a record of 7 female vocalist wins. Plus she's been the host for the last decade, and is ONCE AGAIN hosting this year.

I dont like people saying that carrie is the first female artist to win EOTY twice because it is fan voted, which is alot different to how it was back when dolly, reba, shania, loretta,etc won it. If it was industry voted she wouldnt have won it twice. Im 100% certain about that.

Good to know that you have such accurate intuition or ESP or whatever you call it that you are certain of such things.
Nobody is saying that the situation today is the same as it was during the time of Dolly and the other artists you mentioned.
Whether you like it or not, Carrie DID win EOTY twice.

I do agree with you about one thing - Reba deserves that special night. And all the awards that will come her way for present and future projects.

Last edited:

DaisyTweets

You're missing a very KEY point here in your statement -- the EOTY is ALSO industry voted! It's a combination of both groups and to my knowledge no one except ACM management knows the percentage of each group in determining the award winner. I've said several times that I believe the industry voting was the deciding factor in Carrie's wins of EOTY. Do I have any way of knowing this for sure, No, I don't but logic and common sense tells me given the size of a certain artist's fan base, that the industry vote was key.

I'm sorry that you don't truly appreciate the contribution that Carrie, in her short career has made to the country music genre and community. It is the opinion of several in the industry that Carrie has opened some closed doors for the women in the genre. It is what it is!

The other comment I'd like to make, is that I found it funny that in the CW article they used a picture of Carrie from her performance of JAD at the CMAs to announce something for the ACMs!

pgk

You're missing a very KEY point here in your statement -- the EOTY is ALSO industry voted! It's a combination of both groups and to my knowledge no one except ACM management knows the percentage of each group in determining the award winner. I've said several times that I believe the industry voting was the deciding factor in Carrie's wins of EOTY. Do I have any way of knowing this for sure, No, I don't but logic and common sense tells me given the size of a certain artist's fan base, that the industry vote was key.

I'm sorry that you don't truly appreciate the contribution that Carrie, in her short career has made to the country music genre and community. It is the opinion of several in the industry that Carrie has opened some closed doors for the women in the genre. It is what it is!

The other comment I'd like to make, is that I found it funny that in the CW article they used a picture of Carrie from her performance of JAD at the CMAs to announce something for the ACMs!

A big thank you to Daisy Tweets, for your comments. You took the words right out of my mouth. The bit about the ACM EOTY award being a fan and industry voted award has been stated numerous times but it always boggles my mind when I read others' statements who acknowledge only the 'fan' voted part...wonder why they do that??

sur_crazy4carrie

A big thank you to Daisy Tweets, for your comments. You took the words right out of my mouth. The bit about the ACM EOTY award being a fan and industry voted award has been stated numerous times but it always boggles my mind when I read others' statements who acknowledge only the 'fan' voted part...wonder why they do that??

They do that because by leaving out the 'also industry voted' part, they can try and argue that the title is not as important. But why shouldn't a category like EOTY be at least partially fan voted? It's not like we're assessing quality here that we need 6000 industry professionals to tell us who should win the award. We as an audience are the very people who make any artist worthy of the title of an Entertainer. So I think we have every right to have our say on the matter. And anybody who thinks that Carrie's win at the ACMs the last two years was without substantial industry support is only kidding themselves. I think the ACMs may be smart enough to have the industry votes matter enough so that the same people don't keep winning every year.

Ace

I don't know the exact formulas they used but definitely like ACM EOTY format. There is always politics around when it is 100% based on industry/executives decision. We, the fans should have a say to it because we buy their albums and pay to see their concerts...so we know best. So, ACM, don't change your format. The ones don't like it and complain usually are the ones have nothing else to do.

supercarriefan

I'm so excited for this tribute special! So far, five of my favorite women in country music are participating, and they are all super deserving of the honor! These women represent what is great about country music, and I love that each woman will be singled out for their own achievements. I think this truly shows how far the country music world has come in terms of its treatment of female artists. I was a little sad though when I read that Miranda is the only female to have won AOTY twice...country music needs to acknowledge their amazing women more often with awards!

I love that they didn't just include the solo artists, too...woohoo Jennifer Nettles! Perhaps, Hillary Scott will join them as well.
I really want to see duets, trios, and many special performances out this show! I really want Carrie to sing with Reba!
I wonder what other women will be announced as taking part. I'm almost positive Taylor will be there, and I hope Hillary Scott will take part (really want a Hillary/Reba duet on Does He Love You?). I think they are sticking with women that are still actively making music, so I would think that would rule out Shania and Faith.

To add to the above Reba discussion, I agree that Reba is the only one deserving of her own individual tribute for now, but I think Carrie will be deserving of her own special in time, too. CMT did one for Reba a few years ago, and it was awesome! However, I don't think the ACMs will give Reba a special until she retires which I hope isn't anytime soon. They may also give her a special if they find that these specials like the B&D tribute and this year's tribute do well for ratings/publicity for country...they may have to find ways to do a special every year for the ACMs...I wouldn't complain! Maybe next year we will get a Men of Country special with Keith, Brad, George, Kenny, Tim, etc!

Edit: I just read through the comments on the CW article, and apparently people are not excited about a possible Taylor appearance lol.

Kizmet311

This is awesome. I was sure Carrie would be a part of this, but I didn't realize they were doing it to honor specific ladies, just thought it would be a fun, all girls concert special. As for Reba not getting an ACM honors - she has had a CMT Giants special already, so maybe that's why they chose not to do a special just on her alone. It had kind of been done already by someone else.

Pi314CA

This news just hit Idol Chatter:

Jan 26, 2011
Carrie Underwood to be honored on CBS special
12:30 PM

By Brian Mansfield, USA TODAY

Carrie Underwood will be one of five women honored during Girls' Night Out: Superstar Women of Country, an upcoming CBS television special.

Carrie will be recognized for being the only female artist to win the Academy of Country Music's Entertainer of the Year twice. She's the current holder of the title.

Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Reba McEntire and Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles will also be honored during the show.

Tickets for the Girls' Night Out: Superstar Women of Country taping, set for Monday, April 4, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, are available via Ticketmaster and priced at $200, $150 and $100. Additional honorees and participating talent announcements are forthcoming, and ticket proceeds will go to ACM Lifting Lives.

The show will air at a later date on CBS.

Carrie Underwood to be honored on CBS special - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

teesharky

wow, I love Reba as much as the next person, and I do think she should get her own tribute show. Agreed. But, for you to take cheap shots at Carrie is not very nice. :( Carrie more then earned EOTY, and her CMA snub was a disgrace. The industry is a bunch of elitist snob, biased people who have their favorites and ignore the raw data. Carrie deserved an EOTY nom at the CMAs, based on her touring numbers, album sales, chart success, and other factors in 2010. So fan voted or not, I am glad the ACMS did the right thing by Carrie....since the CMAS clearly snubbed her for years. It has NOTHING to do with Reba, who I love.

Reba should have won EOTY 10 times by now at the CMAS for all I care. I have no problem with that. She is still the Queen and she has earned that. But no need to diminish Carrie's success either. She paid her dues for EOTY and earned it, so the CMA snub was appaulling. They give it to Taylor Swift, who was an opening act for Rascal Flats half the year in 2009. She only headlined for half a year, and still she got the nomination, and the win. The CMA voters should be embarrassed by what they did, and the monster they created. Also, they should be ashamed for breaking their own rules that you need to be a headlining act and pay your dues before getting nominated for EOTY. That so-called rule sure got broken for Taylor, Miranda, and Lady A, all of whom were still partially opening acts when they were nominated.

anyway, I agree with you that Reba deserves her own tribute special, and soon. But no need to take away from what Carrie has rightfully accomplished, and worked hard for. Bad enough the CMAs stole EOTY from her.

carriecountrystar

This is what the article says:

Martina will be recognized by ACM Lifting Lives for her dedication to raising social consciousness through songs such as “Independence Day” and “Concrete Angel,” which raise awareness of domestic violence and encourage female empowerment. She has won Top Female Vocalist three times, in 2001, 2002 and 2003.

:)

so cool! thanks for the info :) I LOVE "independence day" and "concrete angel".
hmm interesting martina is being recognized for winning FVOTY 3 times. is carrie also going to be recognized for that? carrie also won female vocalist 3 times in the role. had carrie gotten FVOTY last year-she would have had one over her idol martina. SO CLOSE.

carriecountrystar

you forget that it is only PARTIALLY fan voted. I'm pretty sure if carrie did not have that support from the industry-she would not have snagged the 2 awards. Out of all the nominees-carrie met all the criteria and much more as she's had such incredible years with tours/sales...etc.
it is only right that the most deserving gets the award so regardless of fan voted or not-carrie would have won. there's no reason for carrie to not have won.

abbeyjones18

so cool! thanks for the info :) I LOVE "independence day" and "concrete angel".
hmm interesting martina is being recognized for winning FVOTY 3 times. is carrie also going to be recognized for that? carrie also won female vocalist 3 times in the role. had carrie gotten FVOTY last year-she would have had one over her idol martina. SO CLOSE.

Carrie is being honored for winning EOTY 2 times...