Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darius Rucker to give special performance at ACMs

Gator

Darius' performance sounds like it's going to be cool.

I wonder if Carrie is going to do something different/special for the ACMs...in case the board was wrong with UI.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Country music star Darius Rucker is debuting a new song at this Sunday's Academy of Country Music Awards, and he'll be performing it with 25 of the co-writers.
The tune is called "Music from the Heart". It was written by young people with developmental disabilities who attended the ACM Lifting Lives music camp last summer in Nashville. They composed the song with professional singer-songwriters Chris Young and Brett James.
The special performance with Rucker and the campers will support the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center and its mission to improve the lives of young adults with developmental disabilities. Viewers can make a $5 donation by texting DREAM to 27722, calling 1-888-9-LIFTING or logging on to acmliftinglives.org.
The ACM Awards air live from Las Vegas this Sunday on CBS.

Source: Darius Rucker to give special performance at ACMs - Yahoo! News

Carrieflattsfan

This story is awesome. Darius is incredibly talented & seems like a great guy.
To be honest though, this is even more confusing. I thought artists were fighting tooth-and-nail to debut new songs at the ACM's...one rule should apply to all artists, IMO.

JB172

I just don't get the obsession that people on here have over the twitter account of a "dog".

I can't wait to see Darius's performance.

Claire2004

^^I can't recall. My guess, it was "Delilah"??

^^Most probably lol.

So the board was right for Darius' performance. Miranda denied Twenty Something as the next single and the performance for the ACMs, but I think she did not confirm HLM as the performance song so we don't know about that. Was Reba's song on that board accurate?

supercarriefan

I just don't get the obsession that people on here have over the twitter account of a "dog".

I can't wait to see Darius's performance.

I don't get it either. Although, I don't get the obsession with Twitter in today's world either...anyone can post anything on there, and not have to be accountable for it. Whatever happened to getting news from credible sources, or rather waiting to see what will actually happen without having to get insider info on everything first lol?

Back on topic: This performance sounds great. Things like this are the reason I'm a country fan...so many wonderful artists that involve themselves with amazing causes. Darius seems like a great guy, and I'm sure he will make this performance very special.