Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Garcia Interview - Carrie & CP Discussion

Kizmet311

Credit goes to @LouisaJessie for finding this and posting it on Facebook!

David Garcia Interview - Hit Country & Pop Songwriter

DK: You’ve recently finished produced Carrie Underwood’s new album. Can you talk about this project?
Garcia: Carrie and I produced the record together, and it comes out in September. The first single (“Cry Pretty”) is out and it’s been doing very well. I couldn’t be more excited about it, because I think it’s a different shade from the colors that she’s already done. I think it’s going to be really exciting, and I can’t wait for people to hear it. She’s probably one of the most iconic voices of our time…she’s in a league of her own. You’ll hear her being kind of raw and emotional on some of these songs. We also wrote a lot of songs together.
DK: How did Carrie decide that she wanted you to produce her whole album?
Garcia: How this came about, was Carrie and I got hooked up through our management and we did a songwriting session together. It went really well, and the first song we wrote made the record. And from there, we started writing more. Then after a while, she came to the conclusion, like “Man, there’s something here. This stuff is really good and it’s different. It’s nothing like what I’m getting pitched.” She came to me with the idea and said, “Hey, would you be interested in doing this record together?” And I said, “Absolutely. Sign me up” (laughs). It was really cool because it was an organic thing…I feel like we built a lot of trust together through this process. By the time it came to the studio, we were already on the same page, without even having to communicate a lot of stuff. This is something that I think is important when you’re working with an artist. You want to be able to understand where they’re coming from and what they’re trying to accomplish with their music.

MSCarriefan

I'm very interested in the raw and emotional side of Carrie. I liked how he said that she felt different writing the songs with instead of the stuff that she was getting pitched. This will probably be the most real she has ever been on songs.

Smokyiiis

^^That's the first thing I thought when I read that! Yeah, let's dig in find the deep emotional side....and when it comes out in her vocals it'll be a masterpiece.

LilUnderwood

Reading this makes me even more excited! I just can't wait to hear the direction Carrie is taking this new album. If only we could start getting a few sneak peaks like a tracklisting or something! I'm dying to hear her voice and the more emotional side!

teesharky

I love the idea of the song they wrote that changed everything and inspired Carrie to produce the album
with him. I bet it’s great.

I love the idea of the song they wrote that changed everything and inspired Carrie to produce the album
with him. I bet it’s great.

That’s one of the things that stuck with me after reading those blurbs about working with her,that one song completely changed everything that made her want to do something completely different from what she was being pitched that she wanted to produce with him.Out of everything that I’m anxious to hear on the album,that’s the one song I’m literally dying to hear!!I’m intrigued & curious to know what the song sounds like & what they wrote together that made her want to work with him!!I just want to hear new music from her so badly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

♥Lil_Underwood♥;4767621 said:
Reading this makes me even more excited! I just can't wait to hear the direction Carrie is taking this new album. If only we could start getting a few sneak peaks like a tracklisting or something! I'm dying to hear her voice and the more emotional side!

You must be on the same page that I am because I want to hear new music so dang badly!!Sneak peeks,a tracklisting,any more tidbits like the info we’ve gotten this week would be so amazing!!I’m VERY curious to hear what direction she went in with this album & I want to hear her more “emotional & raw” side of her so bad!!Now I know why all of this has been kept under wraps for so long if the info is right that it’s incredible,raw & emotional!!The suspense is killing me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob

Very cool... I’m so so so excited after reading this!
I’m looking forward to seeing the track list/ co-writes too ;). I’m trying not to speed my life away.. but September 14th can’t get here fast enough. Haha
Also, David Garcia co-wrote and produced “Overcomer” by Mandisa... which is an amazing song.