Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did we ever find out the percentage Carrie won AI by?

wonton

I know AI revealed the voting breakdown for Season 1 and 2 final voting, but I really want to know if anyone knows what it was for Season 4.

I know random question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, so I thought I would use my best Carrie resource.

judes

I know AI revealed the voting breakdown for Season 1 and 2 final voting, but I really want to know if anyone knows what it was for Season 4.

I know random question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, so I thought I would use my best Carrie resource.

They never gave the percentage or numbers and never said it was close. Nigel Lithgoe(I think it was him) has said in an interview that Carrie won the votes every week by a large margin. If she also won the final with a large margin I doubt they would have announced it .

somebody60

From what I remember it was fairly close... Don't know the specific numbers though...

I think you are thinking of some online poll where the difference was only by a few hundred votes. I remember for a while, many (including me) thought it was the real deal, but it was later revealed it was just some online poll.

As the poster above me stated, Nigel said the voting wasn't close. It makes sense to me. If the voting was close, they would have announced it on the finale. For the first 3 seasons, they announced the percentages. For season 1, I think it was 58% to 42% in Kelly's favor. Season 2 was extremely close, by only a few hundred thousand votes (less than a percentage). Season 3 was also really close, I think 51% to 49% in Fantasia's favor. So, given this, we can conclude that Carrie most definitely won by greater than 58%. From what Nigel said about Carrie winning the vote every single week, I am thinking Carrie's percentage may have been in the 70's, but that's just speculation on my part.

I like Bo (and would have pulled for him in some other seasons, especially since he's from my home state), but it's really quite funny remembering comments from some people after the finale saying that Bo would be Clay and Carrie would be Ruben. They nailed that prediction, didn't they? HAHA!

allirishgirl

I think you are thinking of some online poll where the difference was only by a few hundred votes. I remember for a while, many (including me) thought it was the real deal, but it was later revealed it was just some online poll.

As the poster above me stated, Nigel said the voting wasn't close. It makes sense to me. If the voting was close, they would have announced it on the finale. For the first 3 seasons, they announced the percentages. For season 1, I think it was 58% to 42% in Kelly's favor. Season 2 was extremely close, by only a few hundred thousand votes (less than a percentage). Season 3 was also really close, I think 51% to 49% in Fantasia's favor. So, given this, we can conclude that Carrie most definitely won by greater than 58%. From what Nigel said about Carrie winning the vote every single week, I am thinking Carrie's percentage may have been in the 70's, but that's just speculation on my part.

I like Bo (and would have pulled for him in some other seasons, especially since he's from my home state), but it's really quite funny remembering comments from some people after the finale saying that Bo would be Clay and Carrie would be Ruben. They nailed that prediction, didn't they? HAHA!

they totally got it right :p :haha:

supercarriefan

I would think she won by a fairly large margin, but does it honestly matter at this point lol? She clearly has "won" in a big way with her career.
I love Bo, though! I'm glad he is country music now. He was my second favorite during that season.

wonton

I would think she won by a fairly large margin, but does it honestly matter at this point lol? She clearly has "won" in a big way with her career.
I love Bo, though! I'm glad he is country music now. He was my second favorite during that season.

I agree that it doesn't really matter how much she won by, I'm just a sucker for trivia.

Carrieflattsfan

During season 4, I got the impression the voting for the final two was extremely close, especially considering the amount of people who seemed to favor Bo over Carrie on finale night.
But after hearing Bo (and the other contestants) openly admit that Carrie was consistently above everyone else every week, my impression is completely different.
Plus, the success of other Idol contestants (winner or otherwise) doesn't come close to Carrie's explosive success; that alone makes me think Carrie's success was larger than the show itself, even before her career followed.

I'm actually glad the show didn't reveal the results every week; when they reveal results or hint that one contestant is more popular than another, it seems to create backlash.
I'm convinced the judges praise/Adam's passionate fanbase are part of what cost him the win in his season.
Same seemed to happen with Lee as well; Crystal's hype was so carried away by the public and the fans, yet the votes went the other way during finale night.
If the judges/fans had treated Carrie like that, it could've very well drove Bo fans into overdrive and cost Carrie a win that could've otherwise been hers.

knewman19

I remember an article written in like the ny times talking about not revealing the totals becasue it would cause a drop in viewership and if they had told the results in carries season and the fact she won by a large margin each week people would stop voting and caring

edit: here is the article that i read

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/24/arts/television/24idol.html

Even when a surprise elimination occurs — as in early April, when Michael Johns was voted off the show — the producers do not reveal whether it was caused by a momentary lapse by fans who assumed that their favorite was safe. Nigel Lythgoe, an executive producer of the show, said earlier this year that revealing all the vote totals would, in some years, rob the series of its suspense. In the fourth season, he explained, Carrie Underwood so dominated the voting, winning every week by a large margin, that disclosing the totals would have diminished viewership.

thaifood

Once upon a time I read that Carrie was getting as much as 40% of the votes when there were still 8 people left. IF, that is true, that's pretty dominate.

cpeTN89

That is why I hate that dial idol website. Most the time people know who are going home now before the show even airs. I know the website is not 100% accurate but it is right most the time. It takes all the suspense out of the show.

wonton

Me, too! I wasn't giving you a hard time for wanting to know the numbers, btw, sorry if it seemed that way :).

Oh no worries, just wanted to make sure I came off as curious rather than crazy. haha. Dang, can't believe it's been almost 6 years since she won.

carebear4eva

During season 4, I got the impression the voting for the final two was extremely close, especially considering the amount of people who seemed to favor Bo over Carrie on finale night.
But after hearing Bo (and the other contestants) openly admit that Carrie was consistently above everyone else every week, my impression is completely different.
Plus, the success of other Idol contestants (winner or otherwise) doesn't come close to Carrie's explosive success; that alone makes me think Carrie's success was larger than the show itself, even before her career followed.

I'm actually glad the show didn't reveal the results every week; when they reveal results or hint that one contestant is more popular than another, it seems to create backlash.
I'm convinced the judges praise/Adam's passionate fanbase are part of what cost him the win in his season.
Same seemed to happen with Lee as well; Crystal's hype was so carried away by the public and the fans, yet the votes went the other way during finale night.
If the judges/fans had treated Carrie like that, it could've very well drove Bo fans into overdrive and cost Carrie a win that could've otherwise been hers.

More worrisomely, it could have made Carrie fans chill out and think "We've got this in the bag". Now, THAT would've been bad.

supercarriefan

That is why I hate that dial idol website. Most the time people know who are going home now before the show even airs. I know the website is not 100% accurate but it is right most the time. It takes all the suspense out of the show.

I always try not to look at the Dial Idol totals, but sometimes I can't help myself lol. They are usually pretty accurate. It does kind of ruin the suspense though.

wildwest98

More than 10 million

As I recall, Nigel said right after the finale in response to a question that it was more than 10 million. At one time there was a video of that. I have never seen anything more precise.

CarrieFan_01

This reminds me of an article I read after Carrie won. It said something like, "While Bo Bice's fans were busy being vocal, Carrie Underwood's fans were busy voting instead." I still love that quote, lol.