Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did we ever find out the percentage Carrie won AI by?

Carrieflattsfan

This reminds me of an article I read after Carrie won. It said something like, "While Bo Bice's fans were busy being vocal, Carrie Underwood's fans were busy voting instead." I still love that quote, lol.

Interesting. Is anyone surprised by that?? Didn't think so. :D

As It's been said before, it doesn't matter what fans do DURING the show, but everything matters AFTER it's over.

aussiefan_21

During season 4, I got the impression the voting for the final two was extremely close, especially considering the amount of people who seemed to favor Bo over Carrie on finale night.
But after hearing Bo (and the other contestants) openly admit that Carrie was consistently above everyone else every week, my impression is completely different.
Plus, the success of other Idol contestants (winner or otherwise) doesn't come close to Carrie's explosive success; that alone makes me think Carrie's success was larger than the show itself, even before her career followed.

I'm actually glad the show didn't reveal the results every week; when they reveal results or hint that one contestant is more popular than another, it seems to create backlash.
I'm convinced the judges praise/Adam's passionate fanbase are part of what cost him the win in his season.
Same seemed to happen with Lee as well; Crystal's hype was so carried away by the public and the fans, yet the votes went the other way during finale night.
If the judges/fans had treated Carrie like that, it could've very well drove Bo fans into overdrive and cost Carrie a win that could've otherwise been hers.

Initially I thought that the voting between the final two may have been quite close .... but seeing how both their careers have gone in complete opposite directions it makes me believe that Carrie in fact was consistently pulling in more votes and developed a larger and more loyal fan base. I remember being extremely nervous on AI4 Finale night because everyone seemed to be favouring Bo over Carrie, but I should have had more faith in my girl coz in the end it was meant to be! Either way we will never know the result, but going on what we've heard in interviews after I don't think it was close at all - Carrie dominated AI4 :D

selby46

There was also a lot of chatter on the Idol boards with Anthony fans and Vonzell fans saying the were voting for Carrie when Anthony and Vonzell were eliminated.