Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doris Day

DaisyTweets

I love Doris!!The 3 Doris/Rock movies can't be beat!'Lover Come back"...lol , I love that movie.
and I agree with Opry - Tom/Meg wish they were as good as Doris/Rock.Please
Oh I love that movie as well. Another one I really love is Pillow Talk! A few years back I went searching on Ebay to see if I could find any of those movies on dvd.

A great movie night with the oldies movies is my favorite Doris movies and then a couple of my favorite Elvis movies -- Girl Happy, Blue Hawaii!!!!

AdamJ

My Grandmother is an avid Doris Day fan. She loves her vocals and acting skills. She has all of her movies preserved so they will last a lifetime and watches them a lot. She is also a Debbie Reynolds fan for the same reasons. She is younger than Doris and Debbie but their movies were big when she was young and she talks about how her and her girl friends were ready to go after Elizabeth Taylor for breaking up Debbie's marriage to Eddie Fisher. I have to chuckle at her because she still gets worked up when she talks about it. She also said that she loved Doris and Rock Hudson together. She was upset when Rock died and felt sorry for him because he could not live a truthful life and live the way he wanted to live. She said back then they did not talk about gays or rights. However, I am happy to say they both she and my Granddad supported all peoples rights.( Granddad passed on a couple of years ago---and is still missed very much and now my Grandmother lives with my parents). They were a cool couple.

LogginovUD

That scene is from Glass Bottom Boat, where Doris plays a part-time "mermaid" to help her father's glass bottom boat business.

Her dad was played by Arthur Godfrey, K4LIB, who was quite an active ham in his day -- that may explain the ham radio slant.