Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream Judges Panel

twaintrain

Everyone seems to be talking about the judges this year. If you had your pick, who would you have as judges?

For me, I'd go back to 3 and maybe...
Shania Twain - Okay so you know I'm biased BUT when they had a bunch of guest judges one year, she was great! She gave constructive criticism and had a great energy.

Justin Timberlake - I think Justin could boost ratings and he has a great personality and would know what he was talking about.

Jimmy - He tells it like it is and would be a familiar face to viewers.

I think Jewel and Sheryl Crow could be great too based on seeing them mentor.

Carrieflattsfan

Justin, Kanye, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine.

Pink might be pretty awesome.

Edit: This post made me realize I haven't cared for any of the female judges on the big talent shows (Paula, Demi, Christina, Shakira, Kara, Ellen, etc).

The problem with the females who judge these shows seems to be that once they start critiquing, they go soft. They're afraid to give honest feedback because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

The guys seem to be a bit more honest, and I think they need to find a female who will stick to her guns, too.

I would almost rather that Idol go back to an "unknown" panel of judges, because putting 3-4 huge superstars together hasn't seem to create any magic thus far. Plus, just because an artist has experience in the business doesn't mean they'll be a great judge, either.

But of course Idol's gotta have the big names because they're all about the star power now.

I've only ever loved the original panel of Idol judges, and Keith is the only saving grace on this year's panel. I love Adam, Blake, and Usher on The Voice, but I think natural chemistry is more important than anything. Britney has a natural charisma about her, and I think she's the only female celebrity judge who has worked well on one of these shows. She isn't afraid to give honest feedback, and she's enjoyable to watch. It doesn't matter how big of a star you are, because you can't fake chemistry during a live show.

Marie2011

Three judges Jimmy, a popular female artist that can sing live and isn't afraid to give constructive advice and Randy just to have one of the original judges but after a couple of years for people to get use to the new judges they can replace Randy with Timberlake or maybe some other huge star that gotten his or her star from a reality show such as star search idol etc etc if they get a former reality talent show person to be a judge then that person should be in the music business for a minimum of 10 years and some other stuff.

jaylee50

IMO Carrieflattsfan, Nikki Minaj is very honest...she isn't soft at all.
At first I thought she was very weird; but the more I see her and listen to her the more I like her.

chevrolet

Kate Upton, Mila Kunis, Kaley Cuoco, and Brook Burke. It's my dream. Singing credentials not necessary. They can just say "-------is in it to win it!!

Seriously,...... Justin Timberlake, LLCoolJ, Katy Perry and Pink.

Carrieflattsfan

Honestly, it's a sexism thing, imo. It's less okay for girls to say something 100% brutally honest than for guys to.

I think that's part of it, but at the same time, I generally have found the men judges to be stronger than the women (Britney was the only one who ever stood out to me).

I love Christina, for example, but she always complains that people think she's a ***** when she states an opinion. No, honey, you're a ***** because you come across as arrogant and unlikeable.

IMO, a lot of women play up the "People think I'm a *****" card automatically, when stating an opinion does not make it so. The way you come across COMBINED with what you say makes you a *****.

Like, Christina was openly rude to Tony Luca, and she had many, many moments that caused a lot of people to dislike her.

I don't like Shakria as a judge, but she states her honest opinion without being rude; IMO, the same could said for Britney and Demi, too.

As much as I dislike Nicki as a judge, the fact that she comes across as arrogant and annoying doesn't mean I'd call her a *****. LOL.

But Christina was just openly rude and crossed the line a few times, combined with the fact that she played the ***** card MANY times to cover up the fact that she went too far a few times.

supercarriefan

I honestly thought Keith would be one of the best judges Idol has ever had, yet he has turned out to be just as bad as the others in many ways. He started out by giving honest, helpful critiques, but now he isn't helpful at all. He also seems to have connected with Nicki which is a terrible thing. Nicki is my least favorite judge on any of these competition shows. Again, she showed promise in the beginning, but now she's too busy rolling her eyes and yelling at the contestants.

I think that Harry Connick, Jr would be good for the panel in that he doesn't seem to back down from his opinions, and he can give his opinion in a way that doesn't seem overly harsh or too soft. I honestly hate the idea of Timberlake on the panel. I can't stand that guy.
At this point, I think I'd just be happy if they finally told Randy he needed to stop riding the Idol gravy train and get off the panel. he has worn out his welcome. His need to disagree with everything Jimmy (and apparently Harry) says is ridiculous.