Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Entertainment Weekly: Big Waves, A Shark Attack, & Carrie Underwood's Film Debut *

teesharky

Entertainment Weekly: Big Waves, A Shark Attack, & Carrie Underwood's Film Debut *

New Soul Surfer Trailer guys! Carrie does so good! And They use a Katy Perry song, Fireworks! Good idea to attrack more teens. Love that song.

'Soul Surfer' trailer: Big waves, a shark attack, and Carrie Underwood's movie debut -- EXCLUSIVE | Inside Movies | EW.com

The new trailer for Soul Surfer — which EW is debuting exclusively — starts off like so many other sun-drenched surfing films: Lots of big waves, cute boys, upbeat soft rock, and a spunky teenager named Bethany Hamilton (AnnaSophia Robb, Bridge to Terebithia) with a gift for riding the monster Hawaiian surf. But anyone familiar with Bethany’s true story knows what comes next: A shark takes a liking to her left arm, derailing her promising surfing career before it really had a chance to begin. The trailer also features co-stars Helen Hunt and Dennis Quaid as Bethany’s parents, and country star Carrie Underwood in her feature film debut as a church youth group leader. But I’m most impressed with how boldly the trailer showcases Bethany’s missing arm — and the impressive visual-effects that made it seem like Robb went Method and had it removed for the role. Check out the trailer below:

----------------click link for NEW trailer!-----------------------------

thaifood

Thanks Tee. Still not much to see of Carrie, but she looks like she has the emotional aspect down.

abbeyjones18

so what do you guys think of the new trailer? I love it. Much better then the first one.

I think that the first trailer was just to show some scenes from the movie...nothing big, you know? Yes, much better than the first! The movie in general looks great...I must admit the shark attack scene...I did kind of turned my head from the screen for a quick second...I can't imagine what she went through. The movie seems to show that yes, Carrie is in it, but they are really concentrating on Bethany's story...the way that it should be.

jerandjan

I keep watching the new trailer and I "Honestly" do not see (in that) 1 single thing to complain about Carrie's acting AT ALL!!! Can't wait for the movie!!

teesharky

^ agree. So far, Carrie is showing emotion, and seems to be doing well. We will have to wait and see her other scenes. But I am optomistic.

cabsmd

well this trailer is definately better, shows more about what the movie is about. I think that trailer will get a lot of people to see the movie, it was excellent!

bigbluegrl23

carrie actually showed a lot of emotion in her eyes, which is a tough thing to do. the one thing she would need to work on is speaking naturally, because it did seem like she was acting (anyone understand what i mean by you could tell she was acting) but for her first film role, GOOD JOB! and seems like its gonna b a good first film to be in! i really do think carrie's taking the right steps in terms of a film career. im glad she realizes that all the scripts she is sent about struggling singers are stupid. i feel like christina A fell into that trap with burlesque. her character was completely christina.
becca T