Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Blown Away Lyrics?

AIgrl06

I've been listening to Good in Goodbye a lot lately, and every time these lyrics get me:

You looked happy
With that little girl up on your shoulders, happy
I know where she got those crystal eyes of blue
Time's been sweet to you

So that got me to thinking: What are everyone's favorite lyrics on this album? I remember doing this for Play On, lol. Here are a couple more that I love:

She remembers the change in her body, the blooming within
And how her heart seemed to flutter, like the wind
Two black Cadillacs driving in a slow parade
Headlights shining bright in the middle of the day
One is for his wife, the other for the woman that loved him at night
Two black Cadillacs meeting for the first time
She locked herself in the cellar
Listened to the screaming of the wind
Some people call it taking shelter
She called it sweet revenge

Lstname89

I have so many on this album, but I'm loving in CGAS where she says "he's about to find out I'm a Daanng good shot myself", OH! and closer to the end of TBC where she sings "and left the secret at the grave".. Crazy goose bumps! I'm embarrassed to say I know just about all the lyrics of all the songs on BA. Does that make me obsessed?

carebear4eva

Depends. I think my favourite "fun" lyric will be the last verse of OWT. "Punch that clock....LICK IT!". "Mirror mirror...underneath" from NETY is also awesome.

Need to think hard about a more serious lyric. The very chorus of TBC chills me ("And the preacher....secret to hide"). I really like the bit about county lines welcoming you in even as you wanna get out from TGFH. And obviously the synthesized voice on BA ("There's not enough rain....nails out of the past"). Some gems in WAW and GIG too.

Lstname89

Depends. I think my favourite "fun" lyric will be the last verse of OWT. "Punch that clock....LICK IT!". "Mirror mirror...underneath" from NETY is also awesome.

Need to think hard about a more serious lyric. The very chorus of TBC chills me ("And the preacher....secret to hide"). I really like the bit about county lines welcoming you in even as you wanna get out from TGFH. And obviously the synthesized voice on BA ("There's not enough rain....nails out of the past"). Some gems in WAW and GIG too.

OOO yeah I love in TGFH, where she sings "first red light I rolled the windows down breathing in and took a look around". I KNOW this feeling!:cool:

aceface12

Good in Goodbye - "As bas it was, as bad as it hurt, I thank god I didn't get what I thought I deserved. Sometimes life leads you down a different road, when you're holding on to someone but you've got to let go"

Thank God for Hometowns -"Thank God for hometowns, and all the love that makes you go round, Thank God for the country lines that welcome you back in when you were dying to get out"

Wine after Whiskey - "Once upon a time our world was on fire and I loved to watch it burn"

See You Again - "Said goodbye, turned around and you were gone, gone, gone"

Blown Away - "Dry lightning cracks across the skies Those storm clouds gather in her eyes"

diva101

my personal fave:

I got used to being high and nothing that I try seems good enough right now, it's all so watered down like having wine after whiskey.... (goes on until the chorus is finish)

rottiger

"His lips are dripping honey, but he'll sting you like a bee"

"There's not enough wind in Oklahoma to rip the nails out of the past"

"They decided then he'd never get away with doing this to them"

"You are the stars to me"

"We ran in when the thunder came/You told me sugar melts in the rain"

"Blackberry winter in a little white church stood a young, pretty bride"

"All hung up on the negative doesn't have to be the way it is"

"Life is so good it's sticky sweet/It's a carnival cotton candy treat/Unwrap it like a lollipop/Lick it!"

"Thank God for the county lines that welcome you back in when you were dying to get out"

"When you're holding onto someone that you've gotta let go/Someday you'll see the reason why"

"Ain't it funny how love can make you feel/Crush you like a ton of steel"

"He's sittin' in that treestand and his wings are camouflage/I'm deep down in my foxhole waiting on his next barrage"

"Nothing that I've tried seems to be good enough right now/It's all so watered down"

"The one that leads me through the flood and through the fire"

thunder92

My absolute favorite lyric is probably

"as bad as it was, as bad as it hurt
I thank God I didnt get what I thought that I deserved

Sometimes life leads you down a different road
when your holding on to someone that you gotta let go
someday you'll se the reason why
sometimes yeah sometimes theres good in goodbye"

something about that whole song just puts a feeling in me that I have never felt in a song before. It chilling

AIgrl06

YES! Haha.

Say adios to the minimum wage
Tell your boss man where he can stick it
It's like a carnival cotton candy treat
Unwrap it like a lollipop and lick it!

Louisa

Louisa's Favourite Lyrics From Each Track On Blown Away

Good Girl: His lips are dripping honey
But he’ll sting you like a bee
So lock up all your lovin’
Go and throw away the key
Hey good girl

Blown Away: There’s not enough rain in Oklahoma
To wash the sins out of that house
There’s not enough wind in Oklahoma
To rip the nails out of the past
Shatter every window till it’s all blown away

Two Black Cadillacs: It was the first time and last time they saw each other face to face
They shared a crimson smile and just walked away
And left the secret at the grave

See You Again: Cause I know I’ll never be lonely
for you are the stars to me,
You are the light I follow

Do You Think About Me: We ran in when the thunder came
You told me sugar melts in the rain
Don’t want to watch our love go to waste
So we ran inside before it was too late

Forever Changed: She remembers the change in her body
The blooming within
And how her heart seemed to flutter with the wind

Nobody Ever Told You: You shine like a diamond
Glitter like a gold
And you need to know
when nobody ever told you

One Way Ticket: Raise your hands in the air tonight
Put a little love back in your life
Get your feet up, just kick it
We got a one way ticket

Thank God For Hometowns: I could feel myself come back to life
the closer that I’d get
first red light I rollded the windows down
breathed it in and took a look around

Good In Goodbye: I don’t regret it
the time we had together
I won’t forget it
But we both ended up where we belong
I guess goodbye made us strong

Leave Love Alone: Ain’t it funny how love can make you fly
Sweetest buzz and the highest high
when you can’t walk to the other side
ain’t it funny how love can make you fly

Cupid’s Got A Shotgun: I pulled out my Remington and I loaded up these shells
He’s about to find out I’m a dang good shot myself

Wine After Whiskey: Once you’ve tasted a love that strong
You can’t go back and you can’t settle on anything less
And that’s what gets me. It’s like having wine after whiskey

Who Are You: You’re my savior, you’re my center
my beginning and my end
You’re the one I live for, you’re my angel
Who are you

Credit

sgabe_15

Do You Think About Me: Oh I, Ooh I, I'm not even tryin'
Oh I, Ooh I, but I can't stop smilin' - This alone makes this song one of my favorites

And basically the entire song of good in goodbye especially "as bad as it was, as bad as it hurt, I thank God I didn't get what I thought that I deserved

CarrieFaninAZ

My absolute favorite lyric is probably

"as bad as it was, as bad as it hurt
I thank God I didnt get what I thought that I deserved

Sometimes life leads you down a different road
when your holding on to someone that you gotta let go
someday you'll se the reason why
sometimes yeah sometimes theres good in goodbye"

something about that whole song just puts a feeling in me that I have never felt in a song before. It chilling

I couldn't agree more. I can't even put into words what I feel about this song, its just incredible.

I'll have to go trough everything and pick some more lyrics I like, I know there's a lot!

allamericangirl8

For me, there were specific moments of Carrie "magic" on this record, so to speak. Some people have already touched on 'em.

"His lips are drippin' honey, but he'll sting you like a bee." -- Good Girl. Self-explanatory. I adore this.

"Blown away, blown awaaaaay." -- Blown Away. I know the actual lyric isn't the focus here, but I'm talking about the ending of the first chorus. The way Carrie goes falsetto, and then her voice is filtered and soars in a piano dynamic. Ah, that just kills me.

"It was the first time and last time they saw each other face to face
They shared a crimson smile and just walked away
And left the secret at the grave" -- Two Black Cadillacs. I just love the arrangement and the way Carrie sings this. One of the most magical moments on the album.

"You are the stars to me." -- See You Again. Seriously, everything about that one line is perfect. Sometimes I listen to the song just to hear that one line.

"Oh, I, oh oh oh oh oh oh I, I'm not even tryin'." -- Do You Think About Me. The way Carrie sings that makes my heart flutter.

I've got a couple for Forever Changed. I love the way Carrie sings "Nothing ever stays the same." That's gotta be the best vocal interpretation of a song Carrie has ever done. The way she sings that line is extraordinary.

"Some days I just hold her fragile hand
as time creeps 'cross the floor
Some days it almost kills me
watching her memory slip away a little more" -- The way Carrie sings this part brings tears to my eyes. Seriously, most emotional moment of the album.

Wine After Whiskey has a handful of excellent lyrics, too. The first verse is my absolute favorite.
"Once upon a time our world was on fire and I loved to watch it burn
Wild and reckless, never any limits." -- Those lyrics are legit some of the best from the album. Additionally:
"Cause fire turns to ember, embers to ashes that blow away too soon" -- The way Carrie sings that is magical.

You guys know what I mean by magical? I can't really describe it with any other word. :laugh:

"Who are you
Who takes me through the flood and through the fire?" -- Who Are You. I don't understand how you people aren't salivating over the perfection of the way Carrie sings this. It's so confused and vulnerable. It's just excellent.

Jane-Alex

since GIG is my favourite song, I love all lyrics, but mostly this part:
I don’t regret it
the time we had together
I won’t forget it
But we both ended up where we belong
I guess goodbye made us strong