Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frankenstorm 2012

gaycarebear

I figured it would be necessary to keep a thread on Frankenstorm 2012, as many of us on here will be affected by it.

I'm currently in WV, and we're expected to get tons of snow (from the storm heading in from the west) and lots of hurricane-force winds from Sandy.

The last report from the Weather Channel indicated that Monday evening it will hit land. I just wanted to let everyone know to be safe + keep us updated about the storm in your neck of the woods whenever you get a chance.

Btw, I think they should have gone with "Ghostly Gale" instead. ;)

Screen Shot 2012-10-27 at 9.17.36 PM.jpg

allamericangirl8

Is it bad that I saw the thread title and thought this was some master operation for Carrie fans to try to block Lee and Luke from #1 by frantically requesting Blown Away? D:

Anyway, I wish you guys the very best of luck. That thing looks freaking massive. Frankenstorm indeed.

JB172

That is a nasty storm, we got wind from about 9pm Wed. night and it finally started to die down about 10pm last night and it was still pretty breezy today and the storm was a little less than 200 miles from here.

The surf was very rough and we got periods of heavy rain with it at times

Daraebe

This storm looks nasty especially when it meets the already cold front that is headed to the area. I hope everyone takes the evacuations seriously even if it turns out less than predicted

Wildflower

I live in central New Jersey and we are expected to get it the worst. Were pretty scared so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, thanks :)

Wildflower

Thanks. If we lose power, which is almost certain, I won't be on here for a while so I just want ya'll to know I love you guys and will miss chatting about all things Carrie.

teesharky

I am worried we will lose power for the CMAS (though that is not necessarily a bad thing- lol)-- and Halloween-- (though the darkness could make it a really cool Halloween-lol).

I am hoping it won't be as bad as predicted. We shall see.

For some Hurricane humor, follow @HurricaneSandy on twitter.... Really funny and a good way to lighten the mood. lol

liz278

I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Like Darabe said I hope that if people are asked to evacuate that they will follow the evacuation orders and get to safety. I hope that the storm is not as bad as they are predicting and you are all safe.

carriecountrystar

Hurricane Irene was predicted to be pretty big as well but turned out to be OK. But this one is looking to be A WHOLE LOT worse given that it's already taken at least 69 ppl already. :/ I'm getting kind of scared hearing all these news reports about how it's going to hit us late Monday and will possibly last for a couple of days. I really hope the storm will not hit us the hardest and affect the worst like everyone is predicting.
To top it off, my whole family is sick with the virus so I desperately pray the electricity won't go out, though it's highly likely it will. :(

bigbluegrl23

Hurricane Irene was predicted to be pretty big as well but turned out to be OK. But this one is looking to be A WHOLE LOT worse given that it's already taken at least 69 ppl already. :/ I'm getting kind of scared hearing all these news reports about how it's going to hit us late Monday and will possibly last for a couple of days. I really hope the storm will not hit us the hardest and affect the worst like everyone is predicting.
To top it off, my whole family is sick with the virus so I desperately pray the electricity won't go out, though it's highly likely it will. :(

the thing that makes sandy really dangerous is that it could turn into a snow storm once it meets not only an already formed snow system but a cold front coming from canada.
Becca

Cps235

I live in NYC and we are expected to get high surges and powerful wind gusts. This is not good especially because this hurricane is colliding with 2 winter systems.

Cps235

Also, my neighborhood had been told that we could expect to lose power and it can lasts up to 8-days. The way things are going, it's a huge possibly that I may miss the CMA awards this year :/