Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full time Missionaries

carebearcarrie

Hey Carrie fans! Danielle Cornwell here. As you all may know, or dont know. My husband and I have become full time missionaries with Youth With a Mission ( A Christian organization). We are located at the Turner Valley Alberta Base in Canada. We started out journey in July 2014 when I did my first Discipleship Training School. We took some time at home and are now back full time! I just wanted to share our exciting news, and post my Blog that we are updating frequently! God is doing some amazing things.

Our blog- https://thecornwellsywamjourney.wordpress.com/

More information on Youth With a Mission- Youth With A Mission Turner Valley, Canada

and here is the post I did on my school- http://www.carriefans.com/forums/my-big-news/158990-ywam-turner-valley-alberta-canada.html

The positions with Youth with a mission are all volunteer, and non paid, Our salary is based on those her donate or become a monthly sponsor. If you wish to sponsor My husband and I, give a one time donation or just get more information on our ministry you can email me at Danielle.Cornwell@YWAMTurnerValley.org

our PayPal account is linked with my other email- danielle_gjesdal@aol.com if you you like to give a direct donation

Last edited:

carebearcarrie

thanks Carriefans! I will have a update this weekend on my blog about our 5 day backpacking trip and our treaching this week on evangelism. :)

If you wish to donate- here is a "Gofundme" for our journey http://www.gofundme.com/3p3erenw

AdamJ

carebearcarrie, I am so happy for you and that you are doing God's work. We so desperately need more of you in the world today. I am going to tell my parents about you and have them donate to your work. Unfortunately, I can not donate right now as I am still in college but you have my full support. Stay strong.......

carebearcarrie

carebearcarrie, I am so happy for you and that you are doing God's work. We so desperately need more of you in the world today. I am going to tell my parents about you and have them donate to your work. Unfortunately, I can not donate right now as I am still in college but you have my full support. Stay strong.......

oh my goodness! you just put a huge smile on my face! Doing this as a full time job is definitely hard, but knowing Im doing it for God is what makes it worth it all, and having my husband by my side! It is so awesome to share Gods love to others. thank you SO, SO much for your support! You made my day!

carebearcarrie

Life sure has been busy lately! My husband and I are back at our "base" in Canada and are both in new positions helping out where is needed. Our trip to Thailand was wonderful to say the least and cant wait to talk more about it! I haven't updated or blog in an embarrassing amount of months. :/ busy in Thailand and then went back home to Oregon for Christmas and forgot. will have a better up-to-date description of how our journey has been so far, soon!

on another note- I am so incredibly happy Carrie is coming to Spokane, Washington on the fall leg of The Storyteller tour! Now send up some prayers that my husband and I can get enough support to save that we can purchase tickets! A far out dream is if we received/saved enough We could possibly see her in Las Vegas; and shes performing on the 24th birthday! But that's just a cloud in the sky. LOL.

Thank you all for your love and support. keep the prayers coming.

- Danielle

opry051008

Life sure has been busy lately! My husband and I are back at our "base" in Canada and are both in new positions helping out where is needed. Our trip to Thailand was wonderful to say the least and cant wait to talk more about it! I haven't updated or blog in an embarrassing amount of months. :/ busy in Thailand and then went back home to Oregon for Christmas and forgot. will have a better up-to-date description of how our journey has been so far, soon!

on another note- I am so incredibly happy Carrie is coming to Spokane, Washington on the fall leg of The Storyteller tour! Now send up some prayers that my husband and I can get enough support to save that we can purchase tickets! A far out dream is if we received/saved enough We could possibly see her in Las Vegas; and shes performing on the 24th birthday! But that's just a cloud in the sky. LOL.

Thank you all for your love and support. keep the prayers coming.

- Danielle

Wishing you all the best and that your prayers get answered. : )

carebearcarrie

Spokane. Still about a 7+ hour drive for us. As much as Las Vegas would be awesome. Lol.

My mother in law has been asking many questions about the tour today... I think she's up to something!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

opry051008

Spokane. Still about a 7+ hour drive for us. As much as Las Vegas would be awesome. Lol.

My mother in law has been asking many questions about the tour today... I think she's up to something!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope she's up to what we think it is. : )

Pi314CA

Hope all is well with you and your hubby! I just read your blog and also looked at the YWAM website so I can learn of its ministry distinctive and values.

I would like to know more about the gospel work of YWAM as ultimately saving souls is what God desires (2 Peter 3:9). This information on your blog may also serve as an encouragement to your blog readers. Look for an email from me to your wamturnervalley email account soon.

carebearcarrie

^ thank you so much for your interest and consideration! The evangelism aspect in YWAM is focused heavily on the outreach for the Discipleship Training School. The 'lecture' phase which is a 12 week part is learning and understanding God in a deeper level, and outreach is the practice of all things learned. As some of our outreach and most of our core time is spent just helping our focus group (The Shan People) we evangelize throughout the time spent there. We incorporate God into all out English camps and teaching (Whether it be a whole camp focused around Creation, or teaching them Bible songs). Praying with people, going on prayer walks during markets that go on each night. we spend time in prayer, asking God to give us a specific person to talk to. We have been able to pray with local people and transform their lives. We also hand out many, many tracts. We pray for those with eyesight so bad that we cannot give them anything, and have seen healing! Sometimes its as simple as getting them engaged and interested in the love of Christ. The Buddhist faith is a tricky one. Many Buddhist who are interested in Jesus and want to know more about his love, want to know if they can be both Buddhist and Christian at the same time. So its definitely a relationship building thing to do, and to talk to them, and teach them. Ive had the privilege to speak to a woman named, AngKona, to a small village called Naplagad. Where if you read my blog, the infamous Pi Tio AKA 'Mama Spice' lives, and she is so interested in Christ and I've been able to go to this village 2 times in 2 years and visit and talk to her. But her family is Buddhist and she is afraid. But she is always asking. I pray for her constantly. But I have seen lives transformed and people changing their whole lives because of the love of Christ has become real to them on these missions trips. It many seem as though we only teach English or give out glasses, but it goes much deeper than that. which is incredible. Its hard to put every detail into a blog. lol. But the Shan and Thai People are so open, loving, and caring. I know God is doing some amazing work thoughout this country and people group.

The other schools, SBS, School of Biblical Studies, is when students come for 9 months to study The Bible intensely. Who the books where written by, why they were written, and to know the Bible more thoroughly. To gain the knowledge of which the Bible was intended for.

After SBS, in the hopes they continue in YWAM we have a 3rd school, Titus Project. In which those who have now studied the Bible for 9 months learn how to teach it, and then they go on missions trips to teach the Bible to those who may not have a bible in their language, or where it is illegal to be anything other than their countries religion etc, Its been incredible to see those go to these counties where it is even illegal to BRING a Bible or to even be a missionary- and those of Titus go through security and are searched, and the security guards are blinded by the bibles that are in the bags. But the people in these countries want to learn about Christ no matter what the cost, and they want to study the Bible and have the knowledge so they can teach and share the love of Jesus.

That is just some more small detail among the other amazing stories and lives changed. Thank you so much!

carebearcarrie

My husband and I recently returned from out trip to Thailand. We went to get video and film of out target people group, the Shan. My husband is the head of our communications department. He takes care of the website, and makes videos of various programs to keep people informed. This is his latest work. Many more videos to come, but this one is special to show the beauty that Thailand offers.

again if you wish to support us, links and others provided in first post. Thanks all!