Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gene Simmons And Tommy Lee Slam Rihanna For Lip-Syncing

Pi314CA

A press conference to announce KISS and Motley Crue's 40-date co-headlining North American summer tour turned into a Rihanna diss session Tuesday.

Outspoken KISS bassist Gene Simmons stressed that the bands's sets would be live, unlike Rihanna's stage show.

"We're sick and tired of girls getting up there with dancers and karaoke tapes in back of them," Simmons said, according to Billboard. "No karaoke singers allowed. No fake bullsh-t. Leave that to Rihanna-Schimianna and everybody else whose name ends with an 'A.'"

After the press conference, Motley Crue's Tommy Lee supported Simmons's statements. "No disrespect to Rihanna, she's a great singer, but we're in a slump for some sh-t that has some personality and appeal beyond a bunch of pop stuff that's floating around out there," he said. "I'm glad he said that actually because I don't think I can bear watching another f—king award show that is just a little better than 'American Idol.' It's f—king pathetic to watch people go out and f—king karaoke with a bunch of lights and video. It's all completely watered down."

Link to rest of article: Gene Simmons And Tommy Lee Slam Rihanna For Lip-Syncing | Stop The Presses! (NEW) - Yahoo! Music

Carrie&Taylor

Haha! Awesome! Not really a pop fan. Too fake. Surprised they didn't also mention Madonna and the Super Bowl half time show.

CALEBJOE

Talk about taking the leg off of a chair and using it on someone straight to the point yeah i don't think there's a lot of love between Rock(Heavy Metal) and the pop world.

carebear4eva

Talk about taking the leg off of a chair and using it on someone straight to the point yeah i don't think there's a lot of love between Rock(Heavy Metal) and the pop world.

It's just a superiority issue. Rockers consider themselves to be more bad-a** than pop stars, country folk, etc.. Country singers consider themselves to be more "real", simple and religious/moral than pop stars, rockers and rappers.

But ultimately, pop sells and pop plays, so they don't need to praise themselves too much. Just jump into an egg, come up with a catchy hook, take off as much clothing as you can, and you're set to sell millions of singles every week ;)

glenn7

Haha! Awesome! Not really a pop fan. Too fake. Surprised they didn't also mention Madonna and the Super Bowl half time show.

That did include Madonna, cause he stated everyone's name ending with a "A". IMO no lip-syncing should be allowed anytime, anywhere. Its cheating, just plane and simple. If you can't sing and perform live, then you don't need to be in the business period, get off the stage.

supercarriefan

They should have said something about one of the worst lip-sync offenders out there: Chris Brown. Forget the ladies of pop...Chris' performances are so obviously lip-synced that it's sad.
I don't appreciate the Idol diss lol. The Idols can sing live.
At the end of the day, these are just two cranky rockers trying to get themselves some attention lol. They've got to keep up their bad-a** reputations I guess. Funny how Gene can go from this to filming his ridiculous "reality" show :p.

CALEBJOE

Yeah most of the rockers are not known for being subtle i do like that era of rock music but most of them are not role models much like rappers that you wouldn't want your kids to look up to.

Pi314CA

They did. Article excerpt:

Simmons has been outspoken about lip-syncing. When it was announced that Madonna would perform during halftime at Super Bowl XLVI, he expressed his disappointment.

"I love all karaoke singers," he told TMZ. "I like all the girl singers who get up and sing with tapes. Shame on you."

carebear4eva

I really don't see why Idol gets so much flak from music puritans. The way I see it, Idol gave us Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, JENIFFER HUDSON, and so many other gems. More importantly, I think we can say with certainty that Carrie would never have come to the spotlight if not for Idol, and probably J-Hud too. How you can criticize a show, without which we never would have been gifted BHC and JTTW, is beyond me.

HuiZ

I really don't see why Idol gets so much flak from music puritans. The way I see it, Idol gave us Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, JENIFFER HUDSON, and so many other gems. More importantly, I think we can say with certainty that Carrie would never have come to the spotlight if not for Idol, and probably J-Hud too. How you can criticize a show, without which we never would have been gifted BHC and JTTW, is beyond me.
I think what many dislike about Idol is that it's very karaoke most of the time.

Some contestants turned out to be great artists, but many didn't. Even for J-Hud, she might be a great singer, but she doesn't exactly excite me as an artist tbh.