Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gospel Musc Awards Nominations Out Next Week: Does TH Have a Shot?

teesharky

Is anyone here up on the Dove awards eligibility requirements, etc, and whether Temporary Home Might be nominated for Mainstream Country Song or something like that?

I read that the nominations come out on the 16th. I am not sure what Carrie's competition is, other then the following songs:

There Is a God-- Leanne Womak
I Saw God Today- George Strait (if eligible-- it is kind of an old song)
Temporary Home- Carrie

I also thought "This Ain't Nothing" by Craig Morgan might be considered. Not sure.

Any other songs they might consider?

carebear4eva

I hate to be the one to suggest this, and sincerely hope I'm wrong,but does the new SWSRN (ie. ML) have a shot with her one song? They do occasionally expand their horizons and award non-Christian songs. Plus, the new SWSRN was Carrie's main competition at the ICMs if you remember. Again, hope I'm wrong.

Btw,I'm surprised I don't know this. Did JJTW win a Dove?

abbeyjones18

First, thanks for the reminder Tee! The fact that Carrie won a Dove Award in 2006 for Jesus, Take the Wheel is wonderful! These awards are known as the "Christian Grammys", as I consider it an honor to just be nominated...

I honestly don't know what the criteria is...I just know that TH could be nominated...if it isn't nominated, I wouldn't be that worried or upset...

Volcomlvr87

Can we at least wait till the nominations are out and then start a thread? It seems like threads are being made for just about anything that Carrie may be a part of. Then we later find out she's not nominated/won't attend and it's a bunch of doom and gloom.

teesharky

I hate to be the one to suggest this, and sincerely hope I'm wrong,but does the new SWSRN (ie. ML) have a shot with her one song? They do occasionally expand their horizons and award non-Christian songs. Plus, the new SWSRN was Carrie's main competition at the ICMs if you remember. Again, hope I'm wrong.

Miranda's House That Built Me was nominated for an Inspirational award, but Taylor's wasn't. What Taylor song are you even referring to? I never heard of her even releasing a religious or inspirational song. I never heard of it. I really don't think Taylor was nominated for an Inspirational Music award, was it? Confused. She doesn't do religious songs.

THTBM could be nominated if they go with inspirational songs, but it is definitely not religious. lol

abbeyjones18

Jesus, Take the Wheel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...look down at the awards section...

Yeah, they do sometimes go on the mainstream, but not always...ML could be nominated, but I don't see her/it winning...it has the inspirational part, just not the Christian part, in my opinion...

abbeyjones18

What is ML? I never heard of it. Taylor wasn't nominated for an Inspirational Music award, I don't think, was it? Confused. She doesn't do religious songs.

Miranda, for The House That Built Me...it was nominated for the ICMs - I think that they are more mainstream than the Dove Awards....

teesharky

Can we at least wait till the nominations are out and then start a thread? It seems like threads are being made for just about anything that Carrie may be a part of. Then we later find out she's not nominated/won't attend and it's a bunch of doom and gloom.

True... but since she is not going to the Grammys and the ACMS are being boycotted by many of us, there is not much else to talk about that is positive. lol I was trying to start a positive thread, believe it or not. lol

teesharky

Miranda, for The House That Built Me...it was nominated for the ICMs - I think that they are more mainstream than the Dove Awards....

lol sorry. I thought ML was a SWSRN song. lol I am not sure what SWSRN song would be eligible, since she doesn't do anything but songs about boys.

Did SWSRN get nominated for an inspirational song? I really don't think she did, did she?

carebear4eva

Okay, I just checked, and yes, JTTW DID win a Dove...I'm so surprised I didn't know that!!!
But, here's a thought.....Is the award presented solely to the songwriters, or to the artist also? Cuz if it's the artist, then technically Carrie is a Dove award winning artist, and we should add that to her wikipedia page (after GRAMMY, CMA, ACM award winning artist)...Someone please confirm whether the award goes to the artist also, and I'd be happy to do it myself :)

teesharky

yes-- Carrie won a Gospel Music award (Dove) in 2006 with JTTW I think, right? Or was it 2007. Can't recall.

I am just confused about what SWSRN song you are referring to. All her songs are about boys. lol

carebear4eva

lol sorry. I thought ML was a SWSRN song. lol I am not sure what SWSRN song would be eligible, since she doesn't do anything but songs about boys.

Did SWSRN get nominated for an inspirational song? I really don't think she did, did she?

Naah....Taylor will have to wait for the day till the Doves and ICMs start to consider making out with boys and breaking up with boys as religious and inspirational before she can hope for one of those awards :p

And lol, by ML meant Miranda, yeah. She's "the new SWSRN" :p

teesharky

Okay, I just checked, and yes, JTTW DID win a Dove...I'm so surprised I didn't know that!!!
But, here's a thought.....Is the award presented solely to the songwriters, or to the artist also? Cuz if it's the artist, then technically Carrie is a Dove award winning artist, and we should add that to her wikipedia page (after GRAMMY, CMA, ACM award winning artist)...Someone please confirm whether the award goes to the artist also, and I'd be happy to do it myself :)

It goes to the artist too I think. Carrie got the trophy, if I recall, for Country Recorded Song of the year. The writers got a separate award for Country Song of the year.

Her wiki page is already fixed. The Dove award is already on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_received_by_Carrie_Underwood#2006_2

carebear4eva

yes-- Carrie won a Gospel Music award (Dove) in 2006 with JTTW I think, right? Or was it 2007. Can't recall.

I am just confused about what SWSRN song you are referring to. All her songs are about boys. lol

I was referring to Taylor at all.....I was just calling Miranda "the new SWSRN".

abbeyjones18

List of awards and nominations received by Carrie Underwood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is already on there-- I just checked. It is called Gospel Music Award- 2006--- the offical name for Dove award, which is a nickname really.

Yeah, they are better known as the Dove Awards...that's what I grew up with! They used to show the awards (they tape it and show it a few days later) in synication when I was younger, but now they are on GMC - Gospel Music Channel. :)