Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Hits, Decade 1 album sales (week 1)

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Ok, don't get your hopes up too high on this. But I have been looking at recent patterns on HDD and if this week follows those patterns, Carrie may post a much bigger number than expected. Again there is no guarantee here and I have been fooled by HDD patterns before. But if the pattern I am seeing holds, GHX1 may have sales in the vicinity of 150K.

Ok, don't get your hopes up too high on this. But I have been looking at recent patterns on HDD and if this week follows those patterns, Carrie may post a much bigger number than expected. Again there is no guarantee here and I have been fooled by HDD patterns before. But if the pattern I am seeing holds, GHX1 may have sales in the vicinity of 150K.

Too late Cary! haha

txacar

OMG!!! I hope you are correct. Keeping fingers crossed.

jptexas

So, 150K would be 300K in HDD double disc world? I know, counting chickens before they're hatched, but why not.

clh_hilary

The number of instances where a sales figure of an album at 50% is higher than the HITS number at 100% is rare. I would say this occurs less than 0.01% of the time. I don't understand your constant nitpicking.

Because even with one exception it means it doesn't actually mean it's a guarantee.

clh_hilary

I bought all the Eagles albums but when the GH album came out, over 30 million have bought that album to this day. So, 1 million for 18 Carrie number ones during the 80s non digital days is a shoein. Well, 500K sounds more likely, but hey, that's a bunch.

With longevity I'd say it'll have more to do with how well the two singles perform and how well her career is going to perform in the future. Had The Eagles not ended up being legends, I doubt they'd have any legs.

clh_hilary

no, 150K would be 300K in the RIAA world

Actually more because it's shipments, and shipments are always higher than actual sales.

I also don't know if they'd count the free digital download. RIAA does count copies that are being given away physically so if they also count this digitally then 1 copy sold would be 4 copies shipped. I don't think this is likely but probably depends on how her label is reporting it.

Thanks. So, if she sells 150k, which is the Official amount? 150 or 300

150k + streamings + tracks sales

jptexas

With longevity I'd say it'll have more to do with how well the two singles perform and how well her career is going to perform in the future. Had The Eagles not ended up being legends, I doubt they'd have any legs.

I was talking about transposing Carrie to 1980 and trying to predict what her sales for the GH cd would be.
I don't know what the sales of the here and now GH cd will be, but I'm thinking it'll be platinum eventually.

jbrown

My hopes are already up. I am giving a positive vibes out there.

JB172

They have a large cd dept., but only order 3 - 5 copies of each artist (B&N policy according to Mgr. at my store).

I haven't been in a B&H in a couple of years, I can see why they would drop down on the # of copies with as poor CD sales are now a days.