Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy 2 year Anniversary "Play On!"

Carrieflattsfan

I cannot believe it's already been two years since the release of "Play On." It seems like the time flew by. I love this album, and it's a beautiful representation of who Carrie has become since winning American Idol six years ago. Thank you, Carrie for this amazing album, here's to many more. :)

tumblr_lu2ik8Od1I1qjgnfoo1_500.png

Cps235

Play On is simply amazing! Cowboy Casanova, Quitter, Mama's Song, Change, Undo It, Someday When I Stop Loving You, Songs Like This, Temporary Home, This Time, Look At Me, Unapologize, What Can I Say (feat. Sons of Sylvia), Play On. An Timeless Classic in my book :)

Ann055

Love the album!! Two years and Carrie has grown so much in those two years. When we do get new music, it will be so exciting to watch her as she is growing in her married life and her confidence seems to have soared. I am so happy for Carrie and Mike and when we do get new music, we will all be so appreciative.

carriefann

A very eventful 2 years!

Is it weird that I still have "Cowboy Casanova" and "Quitter" still stuck in my head? Those songs never die! So catchy.

Play On gave us Someday When I stop Loving you---arguably one of the best Carrie songs ever recorded!

It also gave us the amazing video for Undo It-- one of the best Carrie videos made so far!

In addition, Play On gave us our first collaboration on CD from Carrie -- What Can I Say with Sons of Sylvia.

Play On also gave us the wonderful, lovely, graceful "Mama's song", which introduced us to the love story of Carrie and Mike, and the bond that she and her mom share.

We also received the unforgettable 'Temporary Home' which will one day be remembered as one of the most inspiring ballads in country music!

We cannot forget the mighty Play On itself, which reminded us to have strength always and keep pressing forward, no matter what.

Change, which told us that no, we are not fools to believe we can change the world. The smallest thing makes all the difference.

The explosive Unapologize, which told us to tell the ones you love that you love them while you have the chance, and don't ever take it back.

Look At Me, the sweet love story of two people falling deeper and deeper in love with each look.

The fast-paced, edgy Songs Like This...the little tune that almost was a single....that told men everywhere, you better not cheat on Carrie Underwood or let her catch you on the couch with her own best friend!

And last, but not least, the very sweet This Time, telling us to hold the ones we love close and spend time with them, because there ain't no time like this time, baby!

Happy 2 year anniversary, Play On!! We love you!:eek:

broker03

More like Game Over. We need a new album or news like right now b/c this carrie hibernation act is very boring and lame.

Kizmet311

More like Game Over. We need a new album or news like right now b/c this carrie hibernation act is very boring and lame.

She's not hibernating...she'w working on a new album. What do you expect her to do? Albums don't create themselves.

Carrieflattsfan

This just reminds me how much more i want new music. Lol.

I figured someone would say that. :p. But there's not much going on right now, and "Play On" is a great album, so I thought it deserved a thread of its own. How have your perceptions of the album changed? Do you like some songs now that you didn't like when it first came out? :)

thunder92

^For the most part, my favorites have stood the same. When I get a new album for Carrie, I usally have a few favorites, but within a year a lot of them just even out lol.
Top 3 for me when PO came out
Unapologize
Quitter
Undo It

Top 3 Now
Unapologize
Cowboy Casanova
Someday When I Stop Loving You

carebearcarrie

I figured someone would say that. :p. But there's not much going on right now, and "Play On" is a great album, so I thought it deserved a thread of its own. How have your perceptions of the album changed? Do you like some songs now that you didn't like when it first came out? :)

Actually yes- i HATED Quitter when I first heard it. I never even listened to the full song until months after the album was released. Now- I love it! My favorite song on the album has and still is Cowboy Casanova. My least favorite, obviously WAS Quitter, but now there is not one song I would skip.

Carrieflattsfan

Actually yes- i HATED Quitter when I first heard it. I never even listened to the full song until months after the album was released. Now- I love it! My favorite song on the album has and still is Cowboy Casanova. My least favorite, obviously WAS Quitter, but now there is not one song I would skip.

I didn't like "Quitter" when "Play Om" was first released, either. But it's so catchy & different for Carrie. Something about it always puts a smile on my face. My least favorite song has always been "Unapologize." I don't dislike it, but I've always been indifferent towards it, for some reason. CC has grown on me in huge ways since the release of the album as well.

My favorites when the album was released:

1. Temporary Home
2. Songs Like This
3. Undo It
4. Someday When I Stop Loving You
5. Change

Now:

1. Cowboy Casanova
2. Temporary Home
3. Undo It
5. Mama's Song
6. Songs Like This
7. This Time

carebearcarrie

The one thing about Someday When I Stop Loving You is that i feel in love with hillary singing of the Demo. Of course I LOVE Carrie's version. Its one of Carries best. But its hard listening to one version than another.

thunder92

I didn't like "Quitter" when "Play Om" was first released, either. But it's so catchy & different for Carrie. Something about it always puts a smile on my face. My least favorite song has always been "Unapologize." I don't dislike it, but I've always been indifferent towards it, for some reason. CC has grown on me in huge ways since the release of the album as well.

My favorites when the album was released:

1. Temporary Home
2. Songs Like This
3. Undo It
5. Change

Now:

1. Cowboy Casanova
2. Temporary Home
3. Undo It
5. Mama's Song
6. Songs Like This
7. This Time

Yeah, Unapologize is a hit or miss around here. I think its pop nature turns a lot of people off. I love it, however. Not only is it one or her best lyrics, its also very catchy IMO. And it is a very different take on a situation. I just love it lol