Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Health Care Mandatory tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

judes

So the supreme court voted down that the health care bill as constitutional but passed Obama Care by voting 5-4 that it is a tax that will be added to your IRS tax if you don't choose to buy it on your own . What do y'all think about that?

gocountrymusic

Do we really need another political thread that will undoubtedly get locked in the end anyway after offending a couple people from both sides? Maybe this is a bit of an exaggeration.

pklongbeach

Well before it gets locked. I think any step forward is better than the situation we are in now.
coverage for all with all participating is certianly better than me paying only while anyone else pays nothing but still gets all the same entitlements that I get. And probably better.
I am not sure I understand what the issue is with those who are against it.
You feel we are entitled to refuse to pay but still expect to be cared for?
It's simply not fair.
If we expect to live in a country where no one dies in the street like a dog, than we all have to help pay for that.
Otherwise, give me the streets of London in the 1800's where you stepped over the dead on your way to work. Unless of course "you are the dead".

buckeyecarriefan

I haven't had insurance since I turned 18 and lost medicaid. It this gives me health insurance then it's fine by me................

Mirasa45A

Although I disagree with the opinion of the Supreme Court, I do think that we MUST respect the opinion. This is what separate the USA from the rest of the countries in the world : there are actually an equal branch of Government that are working well: Legislative, Excecutive, and the Judiciary.

Johngalt

I do find it interesting that the President promised not to raise taxes on the middle class. So Obamacare was paid for by individual mandates and not a tax hike. And then to save the legislation Chief Justice Roberts struck down the Mandate and called it a tax. I can't wait for the President to go out and defend the BIGGEST TAX HIKE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD in an election year. The Supremes gave him his victory but they also just turned him into a one term President(;

lilstar

Wow!---People sure have different ideas about what this is !!--Justice Roberts said the mandate was not constitutional under the commerce law--but DID qualify as a tax and therefore would be constitutional. The mandate is the tax. the only one who pays the mandate/tax is a person who choses not to buy insurance. The way things are now, those of us who have insurance end up paying for the person who doesn't have it when they get treated in the emergency room.--If you have insurance at work, or you paid for it on your own, you will not be affected by the mandate. If you don't have insurance and want it--In 2014 you will be able to chose your policy from a pool of companies who will be competing for you business.----I'm already getting preventative care tests for no cost---but please find out for yourshelf---healthcare.gov----or whitehouse.gov and click on healthcare!

epicamends

As a Canadian, I honestly can't understand any sort of argument against public health care. I won't go further than that, because I know it's a heated issue for some (even if I don't understand why).

Our system here is far from perfect, but it is a heck of a lot better than what the American system has been. IMO, some thing are worth paying extra taxes for.

supercarriefan

As a Canadian, I honestly can't understand any sort of argument against public health care. I won't go further than that, because I know it's a heated issue for some (even if I don't understand why).

Our system here is far from perfect, but it is a heck of a lot better than what the American system has been. IMO, some thing are worth paying extra taxes for.

I agree, Jess. I've had some serious health issues in my life, and I'm so thankful for the healthcare system we have in Canada. Without our system here, my family would be in serious financial trouble.
I think that Obamacare is a step in the right direction in the sense that it is bringing healthcare into the forefront for discussion. It is an important issue that needs to be addressed to ensure that all Americans have the benefit of receiving appropriate medical care. It makes me sad to think that there are people in the US that can't get access to the medical treatment they need because of their economic situation.

Mirasa45A

The difference is: Canada only has 35 million people but the US has 310 million people :it is easier to manage a country with a small population :):)

william0102

I still think this entire thing is stupid. If people can't afford healthcare, how do you think taxing them if they don't buy it is going to help? People act like it's an extra hundred dollars that can be 'found' or 'saved' in their paycheck if people really wanted it- when it's not. You're talking hundreds of dollars- and some of the people that need don't even have an extra hundred dollars monthly.

And the idea of some of the progressives to eliminate the age on medicare/medicaid is even more ridiculous- it's nearly bankrupt, how is it supposed to pay for healthcare when there's no money?

Marie2011

Let see Obama Care

idk whether or not this is true, but i heard that obamacare help funds abortion and if that is true i am going to have to strongly disagree with obamacare, because abortion to me is murder, except when you KILL your baby you don't go to jail/prison for it, it is like you are getting away with murder; that's the only thing i heard about obamacare, if it is not true then i'll do some research, and then make my decision. but more than likely i am going to have to disagree with Obamacare.

Status
Not open for further replies.