Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highest first-week sales on the Billboard 200 of Female Albums each year since 2000

CU4ever

While I know a large part of Cry Pretty’s huge success was because of the tour bundle, I still miss numbers like this.

not sure why but every country album is flopping hard lately, yet D&R didn’t. I wish Carrie could see a good debut like 2018’s again (I’m aware it would never be that large)

cmuf2011

People are streaming music now instead of buying albums. The solution is simple have bonus tracks that is album only. Now obviously those aren’t gonna be singles but it would improve album sales for that album.

Zach1998

While I love the huge numbers for Cry Pretty. It’s also important to not mix up reality. Her tour numbers have always been strong and carried that album in its first week.

Had she not had the bundle she would’ve been around 100k-125k ish. That’s where all her peers that had similar sales figures were.

D&R was going to be another drop as it was. Mind you I think the drop was exaggerated due to poor planning and promo on her labels part. If she was firing on all cylinders, with good promo and a better connecting single, *cough and them making sure the album was actually available to buy in the stores *cough, think she would’ve debuted somewhere in the 50-60k range.