Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HITS Building Album chart - 11/29/11

epicamends

Including this week, about 238K.

Yikes. So it had a big first week (in comparison with her first three albums' opening weeks), but I guess it hasn't been doing too great since then.

With regards to the stock of Carrie's CDs, of course it will be lower now since the albums are all 2+ years old, but there should still be some records in stores. You can't sell what isn't there. But even when the albums were fairly new (CR and PO), after the first 4-6 weeks of sales, I noticed the stock was very low and has remained so (at least in my area) since then. I hope the label makes sure the 4th album is much, much better stocked than CR and PO were.

clh_hilary

I suppose there should be other reasons for Scotty's massive increase. There's no way a random user poll which no one has much knowledge about is driving it to go up by 181% while other nominees see no effects of the same sort. But country albums in general soar.

Taylor Swift was originally projected at 80-90k copies, and she ends up with this. This just goes on to show how front-loaded she is, especially considering the Thanksgiving, Black Friday, the weekend came later in the week. Anyone remembers how many copies did Sugarland's "Live On The Inside" debut with? I recall it being in the 70-80k copies range as well (and it debuted #1 on the Billboard 200 instead of #11), just wanna check whether Sugarland has beated Swifty depite Thanksgiving.

As for Miranda, I honestly think her album will have no leg, I don't really see that much of a hit potential for her songs from this album...Country radios will undoubtedly continue to play her, as usual, but that doesn't mean anybody is going to buy it...Sorta like the situation of "Baggage Claim". And no, she isn't competing with "Hell On Heels". The title track sold very well considering everything but the album is not. And it was old news.

I'm disappointed to see Michael Buble not to sell 300k copies and be #1 this week...Overall all the sales are rather disappointing for this week...

ETA: Sugarland's debuted with 75k copies, with 6 days (compared to Swift's 7 days), in August, without a single on chart, and being a Walmart exclusive. If Swift's Soundscan's total is lower than Sugarland's, she's really failing.

Last edited:

judes

Good for Scotty - he's likable, he's country, he's cute when he performs for the young ladies and his songs and singing are on par with singers currently on the country scene. Good start. Congrats! As for Miranda her holiday sales numbers will at least give her a boost - I thought she came out
with this album pretty fast so not surprised it's not doing as well but maybe it will have a House That Built Me song to propel it upwards - did she write all the songs on the current album?

clh_hilary

Good for Scotty - he's likable, he's country, he's cute when he performs for the young ladies and his songs and singing are on par with singers currently on the country scene. Good start. Congrats! As for Miranda her holiday sales numbers will at least give her a boost - I thought she came out
with this album pretty fast so not surprised it's not doing as well but maybe it will have a House That Built Me song to propel it upwards - did she write all the songs on the current album?

No she didn't. And I don't think there's a "The House That Built Me" or "White Liar" there. I don't even think there's a "Heart Like Mine".

The thing with Scotty is -- he just literally comes out of NOWHERE. No projections for him in the Top 10 for the past week and he just suddenly crashed into it with a massive increase!

And btw - both Coldplay and Lady GaGa's albums have been discounted to Google Music to $1.99 (which will both be counted because they are more than 4-week old) and later on Amazon. Hence the massive jumps for both.

And ouch at Susan Boyle's drop!

Pi314CA

An update from ChartWatch:

Michael Buble's Christmas steps up to #1 on The Billboard 200, with sales of 227K copies. But if his album had sold just 500 fewer copies, Nickelback's Here And Now would have come out on top. It was the closest race for #1 in more than four years.

Here's the low-down on this week's top 10 albums.

1. Michael Buble, Christmas, 227,000. The album jumps to #1 after two weeks at #2. This is its fifth week in the top 10. "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" enters Hot Digital Songs at #172.

2. Nickelback, Here And Now, 227,000. This new entry is the band's fourth album to reach #1 or #2; its fifth to make the top 10. Four songs from the album are listed on Hot Digital Songs, topped by "When We Stand Together," which drops from #31 to #35.

3. Rihanna, Talk That Talk, 198,000. This new entry is Rihanna's sixth top 10 album; her fifth to crack the top five. Nine songs from the album are listed on Hot Digital Songs, topped by "We Found Love" (featuring Calvin Harris), which dips to #2.

4. Drake, Take Care, 173,000. The former #1 album drops to #4 in its second week. Eight songs from the album are listed on Hot Digital Songs, topped by "Take Care" (featuring Rihanna), which drops from #4 to #12.

5. Mary J. Blige, My Life II…The Journey Continues (Act 1), 156,000. This new entry is Blige's 11th top 10 album. Two songs from the album are listed on Hot Digital Songs. "Mr. Wrong" (featuring Drake) re-enters at #131. "Love A Woman" debuts at #189.

6. Justin Bieber, Under The Mistletoe, 142,000. The former #1 album dips from #5 to #6. This is its fourth week in the top 10. Two songs from the album are listed on Hot Digital Songs. "Mistletoe" vaults from #69 to #37. "Drummer Boy" (featuring Busta Rhymes) re-enters at #173.

7. Adele, 21, 140,000. The former #1 album drops from #3 to #7. This is its 40th week in the top 10. Five songs from the album are listed on Hot Digital Songs, topped by "Someone Like You," which inches up from #8 to #7.

8. Daughtry, Break The Spell, 129,000. This new entry is Daughtry's third top 10 album. Two songs from the album are listed on Hot Digital Songs. "Crawling Back To You" re-enters at #106. "Start Of Something Good" debuts at #168.

9. Scotty McCreery, Clear As Day, 88,000. The former #1 album rebounds from #13 to #9 in its second week. This is its fifth week in the top 10. It's #1 on Top Country Albums for the fifth week. "The Trouble With Girls" jumps from #102 to #82 on Hot Digital Songs.

10. Coldplay, Mylo Xyloto, 79,000. The former #1 album dips from #9 to #10 in its fifth week. Two songs from the album are listed on Hot Digital Songs. "Paradise" drops from #20 to #23. "Princess Of China" (featuring Rihanna) drops from #107 to #140.

quincyeyes

Good for Scotty. I'm happy for him and hope that he continues to sell well and be successful.

As for Miranda, idk. I got Four the Record just like her other albums but it is not like her other albums. Even though her biggest hit to date (THTBM) was not written by her, I think the album suffers from her lack of songwriting. Now this will sound contradictory to that statement but I think Mama's Broken Heart could be a HUGE hit (I realize she did not write it). I think that Over You is very powerful in it's message (was a co-write) although some of the lyrics are strange and I think it too could do well. I'm not worried about Miranda though b/c the awards show will continue to spotlight her like crazy and when The Voice returns Blake will be spotlighted and he will share that with Miranda. I would say though that this is the first album by her that I could have just bought singles from rather than enjoying the entire album.

epicamends

I've been up and down on how I feel about Four the Record - I started off loving it, then felt "meh" about it, then loved it again, now I'm back to "meh". There's a handful of songs, if that, that I love from the album. The rest I haven't really listened to since the first week or two of the album's release and have no desire to. I don't think this album will end up having nearly as much success as Revolution, or will have the legs to last as long as Revolution did.

teesharky

you just made my day with the poor showing for the big SWSRN Live Tour re-release. lol I honestly expected her to sell like 200k given that it was Black Friday week and she won so big at the AMAS.

Her AMA wins really didn't do her much good sales wise. People are definitely getting sick of her. On twitter, she got mostly negative comments after she beat Adele for Artist of the year. People were pissed.

I suppose there should be other reasons for Scotty's massive increase. There's no way a random user poll which no one has much knowledge about is driving it to go up by 181% while other nominees see no effects of the same sort. But country albums in general soar.

Taylor Swift was originally projected at 80-90k copies, and she ends up with this. This just goes on to show how front-loaded she is, especially considering the Thanksgiving, Black Friday, the weekend came later in the week. Anyone remembers how many copies did Sugarland's "Live On The Inside" debut with? I recall it being in the 70-80k copies range as well (and it debuted #1 on the Billboard 200 instead of #11), just wanna check whether Sugarland has beated Swifty depite Thanksgiving.

As for Miranda, I honestly think her album will have no leg, I don't really see that much of a hit potential for her songs from this album...Country radios will undoubtedly continue to play her, as usual, but that doesn't mean anybody is going to buy it...Sorta like the situation of "Baggage Claim". And no, she isn't competing with "Hell On Heels". The title track sold very well considering everything but the album is not. And it was old news.

I'm disappointed to see Michael Buble not to sell 300k copies and be #1 this week...Overall all the sales are rather disappointing for this week...

ETA: Sugarland's debuted with 75k copies, with 6 days (compared to Swift's 7 days), in August, without a single on chart, and being a Walmart exclusive. If Swift's Soundscan's total is lower than Sugarland's, she's really failing.

Pi314CA

you just made my day with the poor showing for the big SWSRN Live Tour re-release. lol I honestly expected her to sell like 200k given that it was Black Friday week and she won so big at the AMAS.

Her AMA wins really didn't do her much good sales wise. People are definitely getting sick of her. On twitter, she got mostly negative comments after she beat Adele for Artist of the year. People were pissed.

With Scotty's big week, SWSRN didn't get the #1 country album spot.

Pi314CA

Michael Buble did squeak by to get the #1 spot, by about 500 (per ChartWatch). :)

Taylor's Live DVD indeed is very front loaded. It didn't even make the projection list from HITS Rumor Mill:

Michael Buble has a commanding lead for #1 this week. At this level, he will likely remain in that spot until the end of the year. At midweek, it doesn't appear that any debuts will hit the Top 15 on next week's chart. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend:

Michael Buble (Reprise) 250-275k
Adele (XL/Columbia) 120-130k
Justin Bieber (Island/IDJ) 120-130k
Drake (YM/CM/Universal Republic) 90-100k
Mary J. Blige (Geffen) 80-85k
Nickelback (Roadrunner) 70-75k
Rihanna (Def Jam/IDJ) 70-75k
Andrea Bocelli (Decca) 60-65k
Now 40 (Capitol/EMI) 50-55k
Coldplay (Capitol/EMI) 45-50k
Jackie Evancho (Syco/Columbia) 40-45k
Glee Christmas, Vol. 2 (Columbia) 40-45k
Daughtry (19/RCA) 35-40k
Lady Antebellum (Capitol Nashville) 35-40k
Susan Boyle (Syco/Columbia) 35-40k

Link (go towards bottom of page): HITS Daily Double: Rumor Mill

Last edited:

teesharky

Guys---is it true that Carrie released The First Noel as her new Xmas single??
They have a thread for it on pulse in the holiday singles section but i have heard nothing about this.

I hope it is true as that is one of my favorite Carrie recordings off that xmas ep.

clh_hilary

Michael Buble did squeak by to get the #1 spot, by about 500 (per ChartWatch). :)

Taylor's Live DVD indeed is very front loaded. It didn't even make the projection list from HITS Rumor Mill:

Michael Buble has a commanding lead for #1 this week. At this level, he will likely remain in that spot until the end of the year. At midweek, it doesn't appear that any debuts will hit the Top 15 on next week's chart. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend:

Michael Buble (Reprise) 250-275k
Adele (XL/Columbia) 120-130k
Justin Bieber (Island/IDJ) 120-130k
Drake (YM/CM/Universal Republic) 90-100k
Mary J. Blige (Geffen) 80-85k
Nickelback (Roadrunner) 70-75k
Rihanna (Def Jam/IDJ) 70-75k
Andrea Bocelli (Decca) 60-65k
Now 40 (Capitol/EMI) 50-55k
Coldplay (Capitol/EMI) 45-50k
Jackie Evancho (Syco/Columbia) 40-45k
Glee Christmas, Vol. 2 (Columbia) 40-45k