Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hollie Cavanagh Thread

Naco1776

HuiZ

For those who haven't seen these, check out Hollie doing covers of Carrie's songs :)

pklongbeach

I appreciated her last night. And she is one of the ones I look forward to each week.
But she is very young (in her abilitites) and must learn quickly not to shoot for big notes too often.
the big promblem with this that people don't realize is that she has to sing it again and again and again all week long and it can be really trying for her voice.
Many contestants lastnight sounded like thier voices were exausted.
Her's held up well until the end when she had to wind up to reach that top note and her voice just could not respond the way it probably had been during the first half of the week.
I hope she continues to show artistic sides to her voice and not just big notes.
I wnat her to do really well.

JB172

Interesting comment from Hollie in the thank you she gave Carrie for the necklace, the PS sounds like maybe she is singing a Carrie song this week.

American Idol Headlines for 03/26/12

Hollie Cavanaugh thanks Carrie Underwood, “@carrieunderwood thank you so much for the necklace i wear it everyday And I almost cried reading the letter PS try to watch idol this week.” Carrie gave each of the finalists a little gift!

lab

Interesting comment from Hollie in the thank you she gave Carrie for the necklace, the PS sounds like maybe she is singing a Carrie song this week.

American Idol Headlines for 03/26/12

Hollie Cavanaugh thanks Carrie Underwood, “@carrieunderwood thank you so much for the necklace i wear it everyday And I almost cried reading the letter PS try to watch idol this week.” Carrie gave each of the finalists a little gift!

WOW!!! AWESOME!!! To be HONEST, I feel very strongly that ONLY "Hollie Cavanagh" CAN BEAT the TREND that "GOOD LOOKING YOUNG MEN ALWAYS WIN THIS SHOW". Jessica has EXTRAORDINARY NATURAL TALENT LIKE CARRIE, but, I feel that she will NOT GET THE "POPULARITY" to win this show. Hollie will STILL grow TREMENDOUSLY!!! IN MY OPINION, Jessica will reach TOP 5, though, and get that GREAT INCOME from Disney to help her family. The playing field is still EVEN, EXCEPT, DeAndre and Heejun. I am very excited about the "TOP 7" performances and see the VOTING TREND.

lab

Obviously this isn't a reliable source, but when I went to Wikipedia it said Hollie's idol is Susan Boyle...

We will see this coming Wednesday what Hollie meant by that tweet. But, I have a feeling Carrie is HER IDOL!!! "IF" true, I have a feeling CARRIE WILL BE VERY PROUD of Hollie's Performance.

lab

If you read Hollie's answers on the AI website, she states several times that Mariah Carey is her idol.

Thanks!!! I do not go on that website anymore since later part of Season 4 in 2005. A lot of RUDE PEOPLE TO CARRIE on that site during the later part of Season 4. I FOCUSED ON "THIS SITE" only during that time!!! MAYBE, Hollie will just read Carrie's Card and show the necklace.

pklongbeach

Great great.
I am ready for for Hollie to have a real moment.
But to do that she must relax a great deal more than she is in her Idol performances.
When you see her youtube stuff she is so relaxed and she has a very tender side to her lower register that will never come forward if she can not relax.
It's very very difficult to ask. But if I were her vocal coach I would remind her that the absolute best aspects of her voice are only achievable if you relax.
She has a voice similar to Carries in that when she pushes for big notes she sails. But it is in the softer side that her voices falls apart.
It is in fact very difficult for someone with a voice like hers to sing very softly without cracking. Because her voice was built for big notes.
But she must must learn to sing those softer sides.
Carrie learned quickly during the show to relax and let those soft notes come out.
And sense the show has actually perfected that side of her voice ("Temporary Home/Don't forget to Remember Me").
Hollie needs to really quickly.
I hope she does.
She has so much more to offer than what she has shown.

mlawlor

It's on right now in the East, but Hollie is a guest on The Tonight Show, and is doing the commercial entertainment with his band.