Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does she do it?

CountryLegends

So I went out and bought the album today. So many great songs on this one, it's a shame all of them can't be singles. What stood out to me the most today as I was listening to it is her ability to tell stories. I know she's always done this with her music but it really stands out in this one. Two Black Cadillacs is my favorite. It's one of those songs where images start rolling through your head as you are listening to it. I don't know what it is about Carrie but she has the ability to get me to like at least 90% of the songs she records. I don't know if it's her voice, her storytelling ability, or the sound of her music but there hasn't been an album she's put out that I didn't like. That's very rare for me, she's the only artist that has been able to do that for me. I continue to get made fun of for liking her as much as I do. Everyone tells me I'm obsessed with her but I can't help it, she's incredible.

robinannhunt

The funny thing about these albums is that people like different songs on each album. We have discussions about the songs and someone always likes a song that others think as filler. This is the first album that the first 3 releases seem to have brought agreement as to the best 3 songs on the album. Not everyone of course, lol.

jaylee50

CountryLegends you are in good company. We are all obsessed Carrie fans on this site. Well at least 99% of us are. I just can't help it.
Her voice, her humbleness, her gracious manner, her generosity,................

pklongbeach

IF you don't mention Carrie at least once or twice a day in casual conversation, you are not doing your job! Ha ha.
I have to literally try not to bring her up when people start talking music or the entertainment industry.
This is a great album though.
For me, it's her voice that draws me in.
She can literally sing anything and I am a bit spellbound.

CountryLegends

What I don't understand is why it's considered a bad thing to like her. People try and make me feel bad for liking her and her music. It's annoying to me so when people do it I just try and ignore them. I have a circle of friends that do like her and I'll talk to them but when people start mocking her music and laughing I tune them out. It's ok for them to like who they like but it's not ok for me to like Carrie. Makes no sense to me.

pklongbeach

It is kind of strange, and I do get the same thing.
There seems to be this perception that she is just a "hit machine", and to actually give her credit for her success or ability is kind of like acknowledging that Groban can sing.
But I wear it as a badge of taste and uniqueness now.
And believe me, from where I come from if I said I loved Miranda Lambert all I would get is "Who?"
Or if I said Taylor Swift, they would look at me like something was wrong.
So I much prefer saying I love Carrie.
I may get quizical looks but they certainly can't argue my taste in music!!

Schrodinger

IF you don't mention Carrie at least once or twice a day in casual conversation, you are not doing your job! Ha ha.
I have to literally try not to bring her up when people start talking music or the entertainment industry.
This is a great album though.
For me, it's her voice that draws me in.
She can literally sing anything and I am a bit spellbound.

Anytime I start a sentence with "Guess what/" my wife says, what did Carrie do now. I tell her not everything is about Carrie. She says okay what? and I say well Carrie just donated.... and she will break into laughter and shake her head.

One of my son-in-laws is really into classic rock.. He loves Aerosmith. I was watching the CMT Crossover and singing along. He was upstairs and tweeted that his father in law was downstairs singing Aerosmith -- he thought it was very cool. So couple of days a ago Aerosmith came up and I just could not stop myself and said hey have you heard this, got out my phone and played Can't Stop Loving You. He laughed too,... I don't get it, this is normal behaviour right?

jbrown

Anytime I start a sentence with "Guess what/" my wife says, what did Carrie do now. I tell her not everything is about Carrie. She says okay what? and I say well Carrie just donated.... and she will break into laughter and shake her head.

One of my son-in-laws is really into classic rock.. He loves Aerosmith. I was watching the CMT Crossover and singing along. He was upstairs and tweeted that his father in law was downstairs singing Aerosmith -- he thought it was very cool. So couple of days a ago Aerosmith came up and I just could not stop myself and said hey have you heard this, got out my phone and played Can't Stop Loving You. He laughed too,... I don't get it, this is normal behaviour right?

LOL. It's probably normal for us die hard Carriefans but not for ordinary people. My co-workers at work would always comment at me when I'm on at CF or going to websites with carrie news, Carrie Underwood again or if you would get off from carrie Underwood's site you would have your work done, in a teasing manner. Our Dr. would pass by at the nsg sattion and saw me browsing CF and would just say, so what's new with Carrie.lol. I just laughed. They know me so well. The other day, our housekeeper asked me, did you watch the CMA? I said of course. Then she said so how many dresses did she have? I said 11 or 12 of them, then she said some of them are really beautiful and they were so funny when they did the dance esp. she was on heels and she did good. I said, of course she is good. Hahaha, such a diehard carrie fans.