Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[i]Great[/i] review of Abbie Gardner: "Hope" era

Farawayhills

I was really excited to read this wonderful review of one of my favourite singers - Abbie Gardner (of Red Molly), who has a new "solo" album out, "Hope"

The reviewer compares her to Emily and Martie of the Court Yard Hounds, and Miranda Lambert (and - incredibly - to Taylor Swift, but, please, don't let that faze you - they're stylistically on different musical planets!).

Abbie is a reso player - and the reviewer mentions the mixture of jazz influences (from her father) and Newgrass influences (from Phil Leadbetter, who played dobro with J D Crowe and the New South, and now with the Whites)

It would be great if you could look at the review - it's first rate exposure for her:

Shoreworld: Abbie Gardner’s New Album, Glen Burtnik Keeps Busy | The Aquarian Weekly