Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Heart Radio Festival Discussion Thread: 9-23-11

teesharky

Official thread for I Heart Radio festival discussion. I thought we may as well start one since it is a week away. I wonder if Carrie will collaborate with anyone or how many songs she will sing?

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2011 Featuring:

JUST ADDED: Jay-Z
Coldplay
Alicia Keys
The Black Eyed Peas
(John Mayer) (no longer performing)
Carrie Underwood
Bruno Mars
Kelly Clarkson*
Jane's Addiction

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2011 Featuring:

Lady Gaga
Jennifer Lopez
Steven Tyler
Kenny Chesney
Nicki Minaj
Rascal Flatts
David Guetta
Sublime with Rome
Special guest performances by Sting, Usher and JUST ADDED: Jeff Beck
~~~
****John Mayer has had to drop out of the music festival due to illness-- not sure if he is being replaced?

iHeartRadio | Facebook

http://www.livestream.com/iheartradi...eventid=409225

http://www.clearchannel.com/radio/St...Search=country

http://www.iheartradio.com/cc-common...usic-festival/

Butterfly13

I think every artist will perfom 2-3 songs since there's a lot of performers and they need to fit everyone in for each night. I think Carrie's set will be Undo It, Before He Cheats and maybe Cowboy Casanova if she's not debuting anything new.

Claire2004

I think I read somewhere that some artists will perform duets/collabs? Who are those?

Wonder if Carrie will duet with someone.

Carrieflattsfan

According to Gary's interview with Ryan Seacreast:

"Unfortunately, he also denies that he’ll be performing his song “That Should Be Me” with Justin Bieber. But, he does state he will be singing “I Won’t Let Go,” “Why Wait,” and “Easy” with Natasha Bedingfield!"

Rascal Flatts’ Singer Gary LeVox Reveals Partial Set List For iHeartRadio Festival [AUDIO] | Ryan Seacrest - The official entertainment news site of American Idol host and American Top 40 on air radio personality!

I think every artist will perfom 2-3 songs since there's a lot of performers and they need to fit everyone in for each night. I think Carrie's set will be Undo It, Before He Cheats and maybe Cowboy Casanova if she's not debuting anything new.

I hope not, though I love all three of those songs I think preforming 3 boy bashing songs is a little much, especially if theyre the only songs she will be preforming. I remember she did that on the Today Show the other year and I heard some people say it was all she ever does.
I think I read somewhere that she was gonna preform Bless the Broken Road but I dont know if that's true. Based off the people who are preforming that day, I'd really want her to preform with either Alicia Keys or Kelly Clarkson (especially Kelly since they have the American Idol connection and people have been dying for a Carrie/Kelly duet forever)

undrwood9098

SO EXCITED TO GO! :D
I'll try and take good pictures, but I have the iPhone, and that camera is never good. :p I'll try, though!

I'm guessing that the sets will each be 3-5 songs each (like the CMA Fest), and then there have been mentions of all the artists collaborating with people they wouldn't usually collaborate with, so I'm curious to see if Carrie collaborates, and if she does, then with who. :)

My bet for her set: "Before He Cheats" (that's the obvious one), "Cowboy Casanova", "Undo It", "Jesus, Take the Wheel", and maybe "All-American Girl". I know there's 3 boy-bashers, but they all became a few of her biggest hits to date with the crossover appeal. Plus, they're good sing-alongs for the audience, especially BHC and UI.

teesharky

^ Agree. That is my concern with this same old set list. It is not that I am bored of the songs personally--- but I know other people might be. She cannot keep performing the same songs over and over again.

They need to take a chance,like they did with the Steven Tyler duet. That was on FIRE.

She needs to WOW everyone and I think she should do a surprise collab with someone to do that. I would be fine with her singing CC or UI, etc-- but I hope she does a beautiful ballad too like WCIS or SWISLY....for a change of pace. I don't think Mama's Song or TH will go over well with this Vegas crowd-- and JTTW is way too old.

That is why this was the perfect opportunity for the lead single. That would have blown everyone away.

teesharky

awesome that you get to go again! Can you do us a favor and tell us the details we won't get to see again like you did for the ACMS? :) Thanx. You gave such great behind the scenes details like Reese Witherspoon high fiving Carrie, and Toby Keith high fiving Carrie after her Steven Tyler duet. :) I will be curious if Carrie interacts with Fergie or Coldplay or anyone cool like that.

I'll try and take good pictures, but I have the iPhone, and that camera is never good. :p I'll try, though!

I'm guessing that the sets will each be 3-5 songs each (like the CMA Fest), and then there have been mentions of all the artists collaborating with people they wouldn't usually collaborate with, so I'm curious to see if Carrie collaborates, and if she does, then with who. :)

My bet for her set: "Before He Cheats" (that's the obvious one), "Cowboy Casanova", "Undo It", "Jesus, Take the Wheel", and maybe "All-American Girl". I know there's 3 boy-bashers, but they all became a few of her biggest hits to date with the crossover appeal. Plus, they're good sing-alongs for the audience, especially BHC and UI.

hjj

Those are the most recognizable songs of Carrie's particularly in a mixed genre concert and I think it is fine that she does them. Steven Tyler does Walk this Way usually whenever he duet w/ someone. It should be great no matter what she does.

teesharky

I hope not, though I love all three of those songs I think preforming 3 boy bashing songs is a little much, especially if theyre the only songs she will be preforming. I remember she did that on the Today Show the other year and I heard some people say it was all she ever does.
I think I read somewhere that she was gonna preform Bless the Broken Road but I dont know if that's true. Based off the people who are preforming that day, I'd really want her to preform with either Alicia Keys or Kelly Clarkson (especially Kelly since they have the American Idol connection and people have been dying for a Carrie/Kelly duet forever)

agree. A Collab with either Alicia Keys or Kelly would rock. It is time to take a chance--- especially since she has been so quiet all year. She needs to come out with a bang.

teesharky

^ Ugh I would not be surprised. Heaven forbid SWSRN misses out on one photo opp. Wireimage and Getty will be there as there is a red carpet---- (I checked)--- so I would not be surprised to see her mug there. ugh.

opry051008

I'm seriously JEALOUS....... but have a great time anyway.. :)

pklongbeach

So cool. And such great artists to be among.
I would love SLT/IKYW/BHC
IT's a nice splash of what she does and will stay "dynamic".
I have always wanted a live version of IAICA just cause it was her first cowrite and it was the real jump-off point for her new life.

carriecountrystar

So cool. And such great artists to be among.
I would love SLT/IKYW/BHC
IT's a nice splash of what she does and will stay "dynamic".
I have always wanted a live version of IAICA just cause it was her first cowrite and it was the real jump-off point for her new life.

Carrie sang it once, publicly at the Oklahoma Centennial Spectacular :D

she sang a snippet of "You're The Reason God Made Oklahoma" in the beginning. I do wish she'd sing the full song in the future. so dreamy like.

jeff

just another fan
^ Agree. That is my concern with this same old set list. It is not that I am bored of the songs personally--- but I know other people might be. She cannot keep performing the same songs over and over again.

not everyone watches every single performance she has done, and she hasnt really performed for a general audience for some time. of course it's going to be her recognizable hits.

carriecountrystar

^ others will probably sing their biggest hits at the show. Alicia with her Empire State Building, Kelly- My LIfe Would Suck Without You, Bruno Mars-Just The Way You Are...etc.