Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idol airplay - 6/20/11: Country hits take top three 'Idol' airplay slots

Pi314CA

It's a good time to be an Idol with a country record. Country singles take the top three spots on this week's American Idol airplay chart, starting with crossover hit Don't You Wanna Stay. After topping USA TODAY's Country radio chart earlier this year, the Jason Aldean/Kelly Clarkson duet current sits at No. 13 AC and No. 11 Hot AC, according to Mediabase.

Rising quickly behind it is Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood's Remind Me, which moves to No. 18 Country this week. And Scotty McCreery's I Love You This Big, the No. 3 Idol song, is at No. 22 on the Country chart. Meanwhile, Lauren Alaina's Like My Mother Does and Kellie Pickler's Tough continue to add spins, though neither has broken into the Country top 40 yet.

TW/LW

1 1 Jason Aldean/Kelly Clarkson, Don't You Wanna Stay (6351 spins) (#13 AC, #11 Hot AC)
2 3 Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood, Remind Me (3658) (#18 Country)
3 7 Scotty McCreery, I Love You This Big (2649) (#22 Country)
4 2 Daughtry, September (2597)
5 4 Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (2249)
6 5 Kelly Clarkson, Already Gone (1834)
7 6 Adam Lambert, Whataya Want From Me (1796)
8 10 Daughtry, No Surprise (1565)
9 9 Daughtry, Home (1520)
10 8 Carrie Underwood, Undo It (1392)

19 18 Carrie Underwood, Cowboy Casanova (1064)
27 29 Carrie Underwood, Last Name (713)
28 26 Carrie Underwood, Jesus, Take The Wheel (672)
30 31 Carrie Underwood, Wasted (640)
33 30 Carrie Underwood, All-American Girl (545)
37 36 Carrie Underwood, Mama's Song (449)
43 42 Carrie Underwood, Temporary Home (358)
53 50 Carrie Underwood, Just A Dream (243)
58 54 Carrie Underwood, So Small (171)
69 67 Carrie Underwood, Don't Forget To Remember Me (115)
73 68 Carrie Underwood, I Told You So (74)
79 81 Carrie Underwood, Songs Like This (49)
88 92 Carrie Underwood, How Great Thou Art (33)
93 93 Carrie Underwood, The Star Spangled Banner (24)

Link: Country hits take top three 'Idol' airplay slots - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

quincyeyes

It is great to see that UI and CC are still doing well and holding their ground. BHC always seems to be above Carrie's other songs on this chart unless she has a current single charting. There is a good mix up top regarding Carrie's songs from her 3 albums pretty consistently - BHC, JTTW and Wasted (Some Hearts), Last Name and All American Girl (Carnival Ride) and UI and Cowboy Casanova (Play On). It is also great to see her rendition of the National Anthem getting enough spins to make this chart almost every week. Also the last couple of weeks we have seen that HGTA has been spun enough to make the chart. These last two things I am particularly happy about. However, I can not go a week without complaining that JAD is not only under-appreciated but under-played as well. It is a mystery to me.

bigbluegrl23

It is great to see that UI and CC are still doing well and holding their ground. BHC always seems to be above Carrie's other songs on this chart unless she has a current single charting. There is a good mix up top regarding Carrie's songs from her 3 albums pretty consistently - BHC, JTTW and Wasted (Some Hearts), Last Name and All American Girl (Carnival Ride) and UI and Cowboy Casanova (Play On). It is also great to see her rendition of the National Anthem getting enough spins to make this chart almost every week. Also the last couple of weeks we have seen that HGTA has been spun enough to make the chart. These last two things I am particularly happy about. However, I can not go a week without complaining that JAD is not only under-appreciated but under-played as well. It is a mystery to me.

its interesting because JAD's video has almost as many views as Before he Cheats (like 20 million views). this tells me its one of her biggest hits by far but id still put CC or UI or AMG above it as far as popularity. so its weird how that works.
becca T

its interesting because JAD's video has almost as many views as Before he Cheats (like 20 million views). this tells me its one of her biggest hits by far but id still put CC or UI or AMG above it as far as popularity. so its weird how that works.
becca T
I think its because the JAD video is better than those other ones (at least it is in my opinion) but I feel like people would rather listen to CC or UI on the radio

Pi314CA

Wow at BHC... Monster.

I've noticed that BHC is getting more and more into people's conversation. A number of tweets say "I'm going to Carrie Underwood his car" and such. Perhaps it is Carrie's angst that really resonate with women going through a certain (infidelity) situation. Also, people seem to love blasting BHC on their speakers. :)

bigbluegrl23

I've noticed that BHC is getting more and more into people's conversation. A number of tweets say "I'm going to Carrie Underwood his car" and such. Perhaps it is Carrie's angst that really resonate with women going through a certain (infidelity) situation. Also, people seem to love blasting BHC on their speakers. :)

I remember one of my friend's who's black, when that song was on pop radio, going "Man that carrie girl's got some black girl in her" lol... she is just so badass in that song.
becca T

judes

becca T

The original Before He Cheats video had around 8 + million views(somewhere around there not sure of the exact total) when Sony pulled it from youtube for copyright violation - this is the 2nd Before He Cheats video