Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idol sales - 8/22/2012

Pi314CA

I'm not so sure Blown Away will reach 2x Platinum since only 1 of Carries hits has, Before He Cheats....Jesus Take The Wheel was just certified 2x Platinum in April (7 years after its release)....it may eventually hit 2x Platinum like Cowboy Casanova since its sales are nearing 1.9 million....I think Blown Away will fallout like Good Girl around 1.2-1.3 million. Fingers crossed hoping you are right about it crossing over but I heard that Last Name, Undo It, Cowboy Casanova, and Good Girl were all "crossing" over but never heard much out of them in the pop format.

Ye of little faith! Just kidding.

GG is already at 1.3 million, and should reach at least 1.5 million by year's end.

BA has sold more than GG when you compare its chart position to sales-to-date. I think BA will reach 1 million in sales before it hits #1 on the Country chart. Add in the sales as a result of Hot/AC airplay and I can see BA get to at least 1.5 million by year's end.

BA will beat GG in the race to 2 million.

Last edited:

teesharky

That is not true though. Cowboy casanova and Good Girl both reached top 20 on Hot AC. Undo It reached top 30 on hot ac. So in my opinion a 3 songs crossed over to hot ac.

I guess I am confusedwhen people say carriessongs didn't crossover. Several of them did crossover nicely to Hot Ac.

If you are expecting Top 40 crossover- it is not going to happen as even swsrns songs all flopped on top 40 radio in the Speak Now era. Top 40 has changed and is very urban driven now or dance driven. Plus carrie won't remix or promote heraf on top 40. So i think hot ac crossover is great.

NC State Carrie Fan

I knew it sounds like I'm being negative! But I don't mean it that way haha....and yeah I can see them both getting to 1.5 million by the years end....guess your right

bluevelvet85

nice numbers hopefully the label certify Blown Away single gold soon her last cert was 2 1/2 months ago when Good Girl went platinum

thunder92

That is not true though. Cowboy casanova and Good Girl both reached top 20 on Hot AC. Undo It reached top 30 on hot ac. So in my opinion a 3 songs crossed over to hot ac.

I guess I am confusedwhen people say carriessongs didn't crossover. Several of them did crossover nicely to Hot Ac.

If you are expecting Top 40 crossover- it is not going to happen as even swsrns songs all flopped on top 40 radio in the Speak Now era. Top 40 has changed and is very urban driven now or dance driven. Plus carrie won't remix or promote heraf on top 40. So i think hot ac crossover is great.

not to sound picky but I think CC only made it to like 21 lol

anyways, to me thats not crossing over. The airplay needed to get near the top 20 is pretty minimal.
Yes, I will take it over no airplay at all but I would like one of her songs to actually be a strong contender on Hot ac and AC

Eder Rodrigues

Just out of curiosity, when Kelly Clarkson's Stronger surpasses BHC becoming the best selling American Idol single of all time, they reported that Carrie's digital single sales total was 22,535,000.

Since then, with the numbers that we got¹, we can definitely say she has surpassed the 23 million mark in digital downloads of singles (23,093,000) xD

¹ - BA (316,000), GG (140,000), RM (46,000), BHC (43,000), HGTA (13,000) = 558,000

thunder92

Im just hoping for any kind of boost for BA to get into the top 10 on itunes. Once it does that I think it can really soar

teesharky

not to sound picky but I think CC only made it to like 21 lol

anyways, to me thats not crossing over. The airplay needed to get near the top 20 is pretty minimal.
Yes, I will take it over no airplay at all but I would like one of her songs to actually be a strong contender on Hot ac and AC

But there is no Rule that "crossing over" means a top 10 hit. Crossing over means getting airplay on other formats. Carrie did that.

What I don't like though-- is that AC never plays Carrie's songs. Hot AC does, but not AC. That bothers me.

Top 40 is not going to happen unless she remixes. But she keeps getting lots of airplay on Hot AC, and to me, that IS crossing over.

teesharky

If Luke Bryan can sell 2 million copies of his single without crossing over, why does Carrie need to crossover to sell 2x platinum?

oh my god that made me almost vomit in my mouth! That song is absolute CRUD! As bad as the new Taylor song in fact!

god I hate that song so much. How did it make 2x platinum? eek!

I do like Luke Bryan alot-- don't get me wrong- but that song is horrendous.

thunder92

But there is no Rule that "crossing over" means a top 10 hit. Crossing over means getting airplay on other formats. Carrie did that.

What I don't like though-- is that AC never plays Carrie's songs. Hot AC does, but not AC. That bothers me.

Top 40 is not going to happen unless she remixes. But she keeps getting lots of airplay on Hot AC, and to me, that IS crossing over.

Well no there isnt, but to me a crossover is becoming a strong force in another format.
And she really hasnt gotten that much airplay. It doesnt take a whole lot to get to the 20's on HAC. I think she definetley could get more airplay if she were to interview and stuff a little bit more. They arent gonna play her music if she isnt giving them anything at all (interviews). Its not her home format so she would need to do a little more work than on country radio.

Again, I know she could do it, but there needs to be a little more effort than a "impacting" date

bs63093

ok i am SUUUUUPER PISSED, first BA(song) back at #14 on itunes and TS SPeak now album is ahead of carrie by 1 spot on itunes -____________- what in the HEEELLLL, please someone give me good news to calm me down

Pitocco

If Luke Bryan can sell 2 million copies of his single without crossing over, why does Carrie need to crossover to sell 2x platinum?

luke bryan has the "ZOMG HES SO HAWT" teen girls buying his singles :p (not to ever imply that im questioning his validity as an artist, i am a MEGA fan of his, but many of my female friends buy his stuff just because hes a good looker)

opry051008

luke bryan has the "ZOMG HES SO HAWT" teen girls buying his singles :p (not to ever imply that im questioning his validity as an artist, i am a MEGA fan of his, but many of my female friends buy his stuff just because hes a good looker)

I also think that Luke has the "it" factor. It will be interesting to see who prevails at the top in the long term Luke or Jason.

maria4hitz

16 20 16 17 * underwood*carrie blown away 17899 15 15540 706736

30 70 109 67 underwood*carrie some hearts 2165 24 1742 7228101

59 189 110 underwood*carrie play on 1718 37 1253 2130939