Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idol Sales from USA Today - 4/27/2011

epicamends

So the impact of the HGTA performance will likely reflect on next week's report, right? (For this week's numbers)

I'm guessing 2 weeks until we pass 2 million! Unless HGTA has a bigger effect than I'm expecting.

clh_hilary

I don't think "How Great Thou Art" would drive much sales for "Play On", since after all it's not on the album. I'm guess PO will sell maybe around 3000 to 3500 copies next week, which will allow her to hang on the Billaord 200, since the Easter effect (which always does great for Carrie) would have worn off, I think PO was on sale somewhere last week too.

The track should sell between 30000-40000 copies, depending on how fast it drops. I recall it was already rising in this past chart week so maybe it will finally pass the 100k thereshold.

epicamends

I don't think "How Great Thou Art" would drive much sales for "Play On", since after all it's not on the album. I'm guess PO will sell maybe around 3000 to 3500 copies next week, which will allow her to hang on the Billaord 200, since the Easter effect (which always does great for Carrie) would have worn off, I think PO was on sale somewhere last week too.

The track should sell between 30000-40000 copies, depending on how fast it drops. I recall it was already rising in this past chart week so maybe it will finally pass the 100k thereshold.

True, but the ACM video that went viral was the one without UI, it was just Walk This Way, and that seemed to help PO's sales a bit. So I do think HGTA will have an effect. :)

carrieidol1

HGTA's viral affect will undoubtedly help PO out. I'm predicting sales next weeks close to or above what they were when WTW went viral... Up to 10,000 maybe??? We'll see...

epicamends

HGTA's viral affect will undoubtedly help PO out. I'm predicting sales next weeks close to or above what they were when WTW went viral... Up to 10,000 maybe??? We'll see...

10,000 would be awesome especially because we need almost exactly that to cross the 2 million sold mark, but I'm expecting a bit lower than that. Maybe 6-7,000

AdamLikesCarrie

A BUNCH OF GOOD NEWS

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's live version of "How Great Thou Art" debuts at #32 on the Country Digital Songs chart.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Play On" re-enters The Billboard 200 album chart at #182.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's live version of "How Great Thou Art" enters the Christian Digital Songs chart at #2.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Jesus, Take The Wheel" rebounds 25-15 with a bullet on the Christian Digital Songs chart.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Temporary Home" moving back up the Christian Digital Songs chart, 21-19 with a bullet.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Play On" re-surging 34-26 with a bullet on the Top Country Albums chart.

clh_hilary

True, but the ACM video that went viral was the one without UI, it was just Walk This Way, and that seemed to help PO's sales a bit. So I do think HGTA will have an effect. :)

Oh really? I didn't know that.

Impossible. That would put her into the Top 40 on overall album chart. You can see where she is on iTunes album chart now.

10,000 would be awesome especially because we need almost exactly that to cross the 2 million sold mark, but I'm expecting a bit lower than that. Maybe 6-7,000

It will be lower, maybe 4500 copies or so. "Walk This Way" received 4,205,835 views and "How Great Thou Art" received 3,450,370 views. And it was Easter week last week, so it would be a great thing for her to even have an increase.

A BUNCH OF GOOD NEWS

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's live version of "How Great Thou Art" debuts at #32 on the Country Digital Songs chart.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Play On" re-enters The Billboard 200 album chart at #182.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's live version of "How Great Thou Art" enters the Christian Digital Songs chart at #2.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Jesus, Take The Wheel" rebounds 25-15 with a bullet on the Christian Digital Songs chart.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Temporary Home" moving back up the Christian Digital Songs chart, 21-19 with a bullet.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Play On" re-surging 34-26 with a bullet on the Top Country Albums chart.

#2 last week already?! She should be outselling the #2 Gospel song next week by tripling its sales or so!

the next holiday where we'd get a bump is mothers day may 8th which would effect the chart ending May 21st for next weeks sales I'm guessing somewhere between 5.5k-6.5k

carrieidol1

Oh really? I didn't know that.

Impossible. That would put her into the Top 40 on overall album chart. You can see where she is on iTunes album chart now.

It will be lower, maybe 4500 copies or so. "Walk This Way" received 4,205,835 views and "How Great Thou Art" received 3,450,370 views. And it was Easter week last week, so it would be a great thing for her to even have an increase.

#2 last week already?! She should be outselling the #2 Gospel song next week by tripling its sales or so!

Not impossible, and Itunes only counts for a very small percentage of the overall weekly sales... No more than 20-30 percent. Counting both digital and physical copies, the later of which we have no way to track, I think we'll be closer to 10,000... I'd say 7,000-10,000.

clh_hilary

the next holiday where we'd get a bump is mothers day may 8th which would effect the chart ending May 21st for next weeks sales I'm guessing somewhere between 5.5k-6.5k

It won't. By that time, the album will dive lower, Carrie will not be performing, and "Remind Me" will still be yet to release, and the album would have sold a little more to lower the boost. But I guess we can hope.

Not impossible, and Itunes only counts for a very small percentage of the overall weekly sales... No more than 20-30 percent. Counting both digital and physical copies, the later of which we have no way to track, I think we'll be closer to 10,000... I'd say 7,000-10,000.

Yes, but is it realistic to think that all the people went to buy physical copies instead of digital, espcially when stocks is low? Digital albums don't count for too much, but it could be reflective of what the other chains are doing in selling the CD. And going this coming week, the #2-selling album will actually be selling fewer than 40000 copies (Britney Spears' "Femme Fatale"), so do you think it's really realistic to expect her to go so high? It's so obvious that post-Easter sales is indeed pretty ugly. And ever if the sales level remains the same as last week (which won't happen), it would take her back to the Top 40, which means a more than 120 positions jump on the album tally. Is it really possible under this circumstance?

Then again, it was the Easter week, so she's already got some boost already, she would be lucky to even have any increase, which I think she will, but a much smaller one.

Sometimes I think Carrie fans really do not check charts frequent enough to make realistic estimations. But I guess very soon we'll know who's right.