Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idol Sales from USA Today - 4/27/2011

thunder92

It won't. By that time, the album will dive lower, Carrie will not be performing, and "Remind Me" will still be yet to release, and the album would have sold a little more to lower the boost. But I guess we can hope.

Yes, but is it realistic to think that all the people went to buy physical copies instead of digital, espcially when stocks is low? Digital albums don't count for too much, but it could be reflective of what the other chains are doing in selling the CD. And going this coming week, the #2-selling album will actually be selling fewer than 40000 copies (Britney Spears' "Femme Fatale"), so do you think it's really realistic to expect her to go so high? It's so obvious that post-Easter sales is indeed pretty ugly. And ever if the sales level remains the same as last week (which won't happen), it would take her back to the Top 40, which means a more than 120 positions jump on the album tally. Is it really possible under this circumstance?

Then again, it was the Easter week, so she's already got some boost already, she would be lucky to even have any increase, which I think she will, but a much smaller one.

Sometimes I think Carrie fans really do not check charts frequent enough to make realistic estimations. But I guess very soon we'll know who's right.

yeah, but sometimes optimism goes a long way. Who cares who is right, making predictions is just a fun little thing to speculate about. It really is not that big of a deal
I rather people here be somewhat optimistic than overanalyze everything

clh_hilary

Not impossible, and Itunes only counts for a very small percentage of the overall weekly sales... No more than 20-30 percent. Counting both digital and physical copies, the later of which we have no way to track, I think we'll be closer to 10,000... I'd say 7,000-10,000.

47 50 KID ROCK ATLANTIC 8,002 -35%
BORN FREE

Carrie not in the Top 50, I don't even think she's in the Top 100.

I guess it's safe to say that you guys' predictions are far off?

thunder92

47 50 KID ROCK ATLANTIC 8,002 -35%
BORN FREE

Carrie not in the Top 50, I don't even think she's in the Top 100.

I guess it's safe to say that you guys' predictions are far off?

again, I dont mean to single you out, but who cares? Let it go man!
let people predict what they want, even if it is way off....one of the most fun things about this board is speculation..which we do A LOT!
please do not try and bring down the optimism of others, I for one LOVE all their prediction even if they are not too realistic neccessarily.

clh_hilary

again, I dont mean to single you out, but who cares? Let it go man!
let people predict what they want, even if it is way off....one of the most fun things about this board is speculation..which we do A LOT!
please do not try and bring down the optimism of others, I for one LOVE all their prediction even if they are not too realistic neccessarily.

Well I was just saying that I was right on saying it's impossible to hit 10000 copies