Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idol sales from USA Today - 6/1/2011

Pi314CA

Woohoo! Got some current sales numbers for JTTW and JAD! Also, HGTA reaches 200k!

Jun 01, 2011
Lady Gaga sells 1.1 million; Scotty McCreery debuts at No. 12
12:05 PM

The Top Ten

1. Lady Gaga, Born This Way (1.108 million)
2. Brad Paisley, This Is Country Music (153,000)
3. Adele, 21 (126,000)
4. Glee Cast, Glee: The Music, Vol. 6 (80,000)
5. Various, MMG Presents: Self Made, Vol. 1 (59,000)
6. Various, Now That's What I Call Music! 38 (45,000)
7. NKOTBSB, NKOTBSB (40,000)
8. Foster the People, Torches (33,000)
9. Jason Aldean, My Kinda Party (33,000)
10. Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More (25,000)

Carrie Underwood, Play On (3,000, +42%, 2.004 million)
Carrie Underwood, Some Hearts (2,000, +35%, 7.108 million)
Carrie Underwood, Carnival Ride (2,000, +56%, 3.197 million)

Track sales:
Carrie Underwood, Undo It (15,000, +212%, 1.106 million)
Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (10,000, +156%, 3.23 million)
Carrie Underwood, Flat on the Floor (10,000, +634%, 116,000)
Carrie Underwood, Jesus, Take the Wheel (8,000, +185%, 1.836 million)
Carrie Underwood, Just a Dream (5,000, +221%, 974,000)
Carrie Underwood, How Great Thou Art (5,000, -14%, 200,000)

Lady Gaga sells 1.1 million; Scotty McCreery debuts at No. 12 - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina tracks top country sales - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

Last edited:

Carrieroxmysox2011

Thanks for posting!! I've been looking for this!!!:):):) in about 2 weeks Carnival Ride should be at 3,200,000:):) and Play On finally reached 2,000,000!:):) I'm proud:):)

Gator

Thanks for posting! I am so happy to see how well JAD is doing! It deserves to go platinum and cannot wait!

Carrie Underwood, Undo It (15,000, +212%, 1.106 million)- Thats amazing! It's doing so well!
Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (10,000, +156%, 3.23 million)- Before He Cheats is an animal!!! How much has YBWM sold? I know thats the 3rd best selling country song and Before he Cheats is the 4th best, maybe itll pass it out one day, the song never seems to die
Carrie Underwood, Flat on the Floor (10,000, +634%, 116,000)- Wow! Over 100,000 for an album track thats so amazing!!!! It shouldve been a single
Carrie Underwood, Jesus, Take the Wheel (8,000, +185%, 1.836 million)- This is doing so well!!! I know it'll be a ways off, but maybe one day itll become double platinum!
Carrie Underwood, Just a Dream (5,000, +221%, 974,000)-Its so close to platinum!!! It might be by the end of the year!!
Carrie Underwood, How Great Thou Art (5,000, -14%, 200,000) Woot! Thats so good!

This was Carries week!! She did amazing!!

maria4hitz

Amazing week for Carrie!! :D 53,000 tracks and 7,000 albums sold!
I like Jason Aldean a lot so I'm glad to see him doing so well too. Dirt road anthem is doing wonders to his album sales and it's not even in the top 10 on radio.

teesharky

Wow very nice, unexpected sales news! Thanx! Nice to see the increases. Thanx American Idol! lol

The biggest surprise is how close JAD is to platinum.

Cary--- do you think it will go platinum in maybe 6 months? I can't imagine anything giving it another big boost like Idol just did, but maybe Memorial Day helped it or something?

Pi314CA

Carrie Underwood, Undo It (15,000, +212%, 1.106 million)- Thats amazing! It's doing so well!
Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (10,000, +156%, 3.23 million)- Before He Cheats is an animal!!! How much has YBWM sold? I know thats the 3rd best selling country song and Before he Cheats is the 4th best, maybe itll pass it out one day, the song never seems to die
Carrie Underwood, Flat on the Floor (10,000, +634%, 116,000)- Wow! Over 100,000 for an album track thats so amazing!!!! It shouldve been a single
Carrie Underwood, Jesus, Take the Wheel (8,000, +185%, 1.836 million)- This is doing so well!!! I know it'll be a ways off, but maybe one day itll become double platinum!
Carrie Underwood, Just a Dream (5,000, +221%, 974,000)-Its so close to platinum!!! It might be by the end of the year!!
Carrie Underwood, How Great Thou Art (5,000, -14%, 200,000) Woot! Thats so good!

This was Carries week!! She did amazing!!

YBWM was at 3.624 million on 2/9/11. BHC still gets about 200k-250k annual sales... indeed an animal!

JTTW continues to have about 2k-2.5k per week in sales. May get to 2X Platinum by Dec 2012.

JAD sold 60k in the past 5.5 months. At that rate, JAD will get to platinum around mid-August this year.

carriefann

I really hope Just A Dream goes Platinum..what a great song! it deserves a million! and brad's album is great, for anyone who hasnt bought it!

quincyeyes

JAD is an AMAZING song that just never has seemed to fully get it's due in my opinion so I'm glad to see that it will go Platinum. Every week when I look at Idol Airplay and I see that JAD is not played as often as I would imagine, I just don't get it. This song is so powerful in my opinion with it's subject matter and the vocals are absolutely insanely good (one of the best if not THE best studio recording Carrie has done [I have to discount live performances now ever since GNO's HGTA performance - lol - over 6 million views on youtube btw]). We are at war and people have loved one's in the service and this song speaks to those people and to me as an American. I don't get why this song doesn't get played more often.

Gator

JAD is an AMAZING song that just never has seemed to fully get it's due in my opinion so I'm glad to see that it will go Platinum. Every week when I look at Idol Airplay and I see that JAD is not played as often as I would imagine, I just don't get it. This song is so powerful in my opinion with it's subject matter and the vocals are absolutely insanely good (one of the best if not THE best studio recording Carrie has done [I have to discount live performances now ever since GNO's HGTA performance - lol - over 6 million views on youtube btw]). We are at war and people have loved one's in the service and this song speaks to those people and to me as an American. I don't get why this song doesn't get played more often.

Totally agree -- very well stated! :)

carriecountrystar

^ditto. EXACTLY!!! this song has touched so many people's hearts! just look at the live performances. there is not one dry eye in the crowd! not to mention the IMPECCABLE performance and equally powerful music video conveying the emotion and story.
I'm surprised how little recognition it got. always wondered why it was often overlooked and passed over.
Lol and I STILL can't get over how this performance/song, ESPECIALLY was passed over at the grammys. JAD, of ALL songs which is probably the most powerful songs Carrie has ever done lyrically and vocally I might add! Everything was at it's very best. what a shame.