Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idol sales from USA Today - 6/15/2011

Pi314CA

Jun 15, 2011
Jennifer Hudson has only 'Idol' album in The Billboard 200
By Brian Mansfield, USA TODAY

Idol albums

Carrie Underwood, Play On (3,000, -14%, 2.009 million)
Scotty McCreery, American Idol Season 10: Scotty McCreery (3,000, -68%, 34,000)
Carrie Underwood, Some Hearts (1,000, -18%, 7.111 million)
Lauren Alaina, American Idol Season 10: Lauren Alaina (1,000, -65%, 14,000)

Idol-related

Brad Paisley, This Is Country Music (38,000, -29%, 243,000) (#8 BB200)
Randy Travis, Anniversary Celebration (featuring Is It Still Over? duet with Carrie Underwood) (19,000, debut, 19,000) (#19 BB200)

Jun 16, 2011
'Idol' track sales: Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Kelly Clarkson and more

In its first week available as an individual download, the Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood duet Remind Me sold 42,000, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Track sales:

Brad Paisley feat. Carrie Underwood, Remind Me (42,000, debut, 42,000)
Carrie Underwood, Undo It (7,000, -50%, 1.127 million)
Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (5,000, -23%, 3.242 million)

Link: Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

Link: http://content.usatoday.com/communi...reery-lauren-alaina-kelly-clarkson-and-more/1

Last edited:

quincyeyes

So thrilled that:
- Play On passed the 2 million mark (I know it didn't just happen just saying)
- Last Name was certified platinum
- Undo It is still selling well and BHC is also and hoping BHC will pass Jordin Sparks "No Air" to become the best-selling Idol single (BHC is SO deserving of that title)
- Remind Me had a good start especially considering there was no promotion on itunes for it - I expect this week's sales will significantly surpass last weeks.

We are so lucky that basically every week we get to see news about Carrie's sales. Think of other idols. How many of them have significant sales to report every week?

Thank you for posting this information!

What are the sales for No Air? Isnt BHC really close to it? And Before he cheats still sells so much! and Undo it is still having great sales too! Too bad JAD dropped off so we cant keep watching it inch towards platinum but yeah, us carrie fans are so lucky! Carrie always sells so well and always received so much media attention that a lot of idols never receive, it makes me really proud to be a Carrie fan

Pi314CA

What are the sales for No Air? Isnt BHC really close to it? And Before he cheats still sells so much! and Undo it is still having great sales too! Too bad JAD dropped off so we cant keep watching it inch towards platinum but yeah, us carrie fans are so lucky! Carrie always sells so well and always received so much media attention that a lot of idols never receive, it makes me really proud to be a Carrie fan

No Air = 3.258 million as of last week
BHC = 3.242 million as of this week

Guessing BHC will pass No Air this fall.