Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMPORTANT! How to chain-vote on all awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carebear4eva

Hey everyone, I was just over at the ACM nominations thread, and I was rather shocked to be asked something. When I mentioned that I was going to be voting like 10 times a day fro Keith this year, a very senior Carrie fan asked me "How, don't they track you?". If the majority of carebears haven't been chain-voting for several awards just because it's TECHNICALLY not allowed, then that could explain several awards we lost. The PCAs are the only award that allow complete and unlimited voting. Several awards allow one vote per day. The rest only allow one vote, period. Here's how you can vote unlimitedly on all three types :

The thing is, they don't actually check your IP address. When you vote, it creates an Internet file on your computer, that marks your PC as having "voted". If you tr voting again, the website checks if that file is present. Note that this not an actual "file" that you can "move to recycle bin". Almost everyone bypasses this check. If you have 2 computers at home, you can vote twice easily. But, for the really effective chain-voting here's what you do :
a) If you have a new version of Windows, just use "InPrvate Browsing" from IE
or
b) "Private Browsing" from Firefox
or
c) "Incognito" from Google Chrome.
This prevents it from creating the file that labels you as having voted (because these modes of browsing do not allow anything to be saved permanently on the computer). If you do not wish to do this however, just clear your entire browsing history (select clear ALL, cookies, passwords, everything), and you should be able to vote again.

I have observed on some computers, however, that even if you did all of the above, it still recognizes you. This is because, even though you deleted the file, the memory pointer to that file still exists, and that is enough to block you. In that case, do everything I mentioned above (to delete the file), and restart your computer. In shutting down and restarting, the memory pointer to the file that it creates is lost, and thus you can vote again.

One last point : DO NOT FAVOURITE THE VOTING SITE. THIS WILL PREVENT YOU FROM SPAM-VOTING. IF YOU ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO TYPE THE SITE EVERYTIME, SIMPLY SAVE THE LINK ON A NOTEPAD FILE ON YOUR DESKTOP AND COPY-PASTE THAT ONTO YOUR BROWSER. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY FAVOURITED THE SITE, UNFAVOURITE IT IMMEDIATELY!

Finally, note that this is standard procedure for ALL awards, not just the ACMs. Chain-voting is possible on every site, and nearly every fan-base does so. If us Carebears have not been doing so, then this is the single greatest boost to our voting power that we have seen in a long time. Now if the industry would just nominate our girl, every award would be ours :p

Glad I was finally able to make a real difference to the Carrie community :)

Oh, and last of all, I know I'm starting to spam, but if you have time, please go help out here : http://www.carriefans.com/forums/car...rries-rep.html (New YouTube mission to boost Carrie's rep!)

Jade_kt

I voted the last time w/o doing this. I plan on doing that same but thank's for the suggestion anyways. Hopefully TS fanbase doesn't come over here and use this to their advantage. But it's good to know. I have to admit I have tried the delete your cookies to vote again though in the past though; just not the rest of the stuff you posted. Interesting.

carebear4eva

Carrie fans don't cheat, that's why. I don't really want to see us start.

Okay, I'm definitely NOT going to be the one who asks you to start cheating, lol. But, I don't really have a problem with it, 'specially because practically every other fan base does it.

carrieidol1

We win without cheating, it's our thing. Let's keep it that way.

It's one thing to have multiple emails and vote on different computers... to completely manipulate the system is just not how we do things.

carebear4eva

We win without cheating, it's our thing. Let's keep it that way.

It's one thing to have multiple emails and vote on different computers... to completely manipulate the system is just not how we do things.

I don't personally see it as cheating. Particularly if you think having multiple emails is fine, how is voting from the same computer wrong? JMO.

DaisyTweets

Carrie fans don't cheat, that's why. I don't really want to see us start.

How is this any different than posting Carrie's blogs and message board posting here? That's breaking the rules or terms of the fan club rules and cheating fan club members who pay for a memebership!

epicamends

How is this any different than posting Carrie's blogs and message board posting here? That's breaking the rules or terms of the fan club rules and cheating fan club members who pay for a memebership!

Carrie's blogs and posts are not posted here. Summaries of those things are allowed, according to OFC rules. But posting them word-for-word is not allowed.

supercarriefan

I hope that other fanbases don't get ahold of these instructions.
Every fanbase does it? I doubt it. Furthermore, as others have humorously pointed out, it's not always a wise idea to do something just because everybody is doing it.

I don't cheat the system when I vote. Cheating the system is the reason I don't always agree with fan-voting, especially for such important awards as EOTY.

Is this seriously still up? Sad that someone has to cheat to win an award....Carrie wouldn't want to win like that, we'll leave that up to the kiddos!

Status
Not open for further replies.