Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interview: 'Blown Away' Singer Talks Life In and Out of the 'Celebrity Bubble'

Ann055

Carrie Underwood Interview: 'Blown Away' Singer Talks Life In and Out of the 'Celebrity Bubble' - The Boot

Carrie Underwood is back, after taking a little time off in between albums to -- in her words -- "be normal." But the gorgeous blonde with the divine voice is anything but normal, as her superstar status continues to reach heights beyond her wildest dreams. Things are about to get even wilder as the singer-songwriter readies her fourth studio album, 'Blown Away,' due in stores May 1.

The Boot joined a group of Nashville journalists in a chat with Carrie about her new music and its country-rockin' first single, 'Good Girl.' We also took turns asking the singer-songwriter about everything from her pets to perfume, and what prompted her to finally join Twitter. She talks married life and her new life as a vegan, along with plans for a fall tour that she promises to be bigger and better than her last. And we all found during our candid chat that what actually is "normal" about this multi-platinum-selling superstar is the way she carries herself like the 'Good Girl' next door. Here are some highlights from Carrie's conversations with our round-table.

teesharky

That is a really good interview.....Thanx so much!

I really hope she does a clothing and shoes line someday! She should!

Ann055

I just saw a tweet that Country Weekly is doing an interview w/Carrie TODAY and you can submit questions.

yehchern

Those dogs are going to need therapy when Mike and Carrie have a kid. lol.

Who knows it could be 5 of them together on a bed LOL...but probably not..baby is very sensitive..but i bet the baby wont be sleeping wif carrie and mike cos any movement will hurt the cute little baby:eek:

nccountrygal

That was a great interview. It sounds like the tour will be bigger than the PO one so I can't wait for that! So when do you all think we will get the tour dates?

bearball49

I really enjoyed this interview . It always brings home to me that Carrie is a real person first and in her celebrity bubble when she has to be. I get the same feeling when I go on the fan club site and look at her dog photos. Just like in my home, on my beat up couch, my dogs lay right of top of the cushions and make a nest. I fell in love with the photo of her dogs doing exactly the same thing on her pricey couch. That is one reason I love her so much....it is about family, friends and pets.....not the stuff that happens in her career. I think she is one of a very few who puts her celebrity status in a place where it should be.......saving it for her work. She is the kind of person that if you read bad press, you know it is untrue. I liked so much about the interview. I take it there is going to be some really great stuff on the album. She made a comment that led me to believe there might even be a little bit of"real" country on there as well Sounds like it will be very eclectic and I think her reasoning behind the extended time off is sound. Everyone has different ways of getting their creative juices flowing and hers is from experiencing life outside of the celebrity bubble. From the way she spoke, I think she will spend quite a bit of time between all of her albums and I want whatever will keep her happy and healthy as a person. [/HTML]

Last edited:

pklongbeach

Great interview.
Carrie is so well grounded. I am always so impressd. Also, it it continues to allow people to understand her motiviations.
In a world of people so hungry to be famous and always in the publics eye, it is important for a private person like Carrie to allow people to understand her, so they don't get the wrong impression.

gran29

I love that interview. I can't imagine Carrie any way other than normal. She's a very unique celebrity. A lot of them make their careers their lives. I'm happy that she's so grounded in what's really important in life.

Gator

Loved the interview. Love Carrie's down-to-earth, honest, humble personality. I am glad that she has her priorities straight. She deserved the time off to be a wife and a "real" person. I felt bad that Mike and Carrie had to live separate lives basically immediately after their wedding. I know they planned on that part, but still.

Carrie seems to be even more happy and confident than she was before. She deserves to live the life she wants. We are so lucky that she still makes music for us. Carrie certainly is a very special young woman. I am sure Blown Away will blow all of us away very soon! :)

pklongbeach

I also continue to be excited about this album.
I accept, based on Carries own words, that albums, for her, do not have to be this perfect blend of a theme and thread.
Albums are great when the music is great, Period!
And I always think she does a great job of choosing material. And again, by her own words, I believe she takes center stage when choosing her material. That has become obvious. So this helps me to sit back and really just enjoy the material she chose and accept it for what it is. Not some thematic attempt to woo people into thinking there is something there that really isen't. But just a great collection of music that is meaningful to her for lots of different reasons.
IF critics get that this time around Great! I'm thrilled.
But it seems obvious this time that she is going to use the same system of choosing music that she always has in the past. And that each title should stand for itself.
Can't wiat.

sco

Those dogs are going to need therapy when Mike and Carrie have a kid. lol.

:D That's funny! I kind of thought the same thing. The real truth is they'll probably just have two pampered dogs and a pampered kid but the dogs will at some point figure out they actually are dogs. (I don't see them having a spoiled kid though because they are both way too grounded for that. Carrie still does her own shopping and laundry after all.)

Louisa

What a great interview. It was very insightful and interesting. It's nice to hear a little about Carrie the person. She's normal and very humble. I'm glad she hasn't changed. She has a great outlook on life. She seems very content with married life. I wish her and Mike the best for the future. They're beautiful together. Their future children are going to be very blessed.

I wish Carrie well with her new album, Blown Away. She seems really confident about it. I know this new album is going to be incredible. I can really feel it. I'm excited for the next tour. I wish I could see her live someday. I love Carrie and will always support her. She's an amazing person and an amazing artist.