Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isaiah Michael Fisher

FanSince04

In all of the school districts in my area, a child has to be 5 by September 1st to start kindergarten .

That’s nice! You guys get to start a little later. Some districts here don’t start until after Labor Day, but lucky me I get to start Aug. 15th!

maddkat

Staff member
I’m assuming you looked it up on greatschools.org, which is a good website... but not the best. It just so happens to be the first website that pops up when you google that question, but shouldn’t always go with the first website. It may be the most popular just not the most credible. You can be four years old about to turn five within the next five months. So my daughter, whose birthday is in November, could begin Kindergarten at 4 due to that discrepancy. As teachers we always recommend your child to have gone through Pre-K, IF they are to start at 4 years and 7 months.
I did not.
Since they live in Williamson County I looked it up there.
https://www.wcs.edu/schools/enrollment/new-student-enrollment/

FanSince04

The schools are all starting on August 15th, but they can still technically be 4 until September 1st.

My daughter has a fall Birthday which really stinks for school related things. We currently send her to a private daycare. She's always started out in one class, then moved halfway through (due to her birthday) to another class. They would never do this when she's K+, but it gets a little annoying haha.

For example, she is in Toddler 2-3's, but will be moved to Toddler 3-4's in November. It's been this way all throughout her time there.

lolita55

My daughter has a fall Birthday which really stinks for school related things. We currently send her to a private daycare. She's always started out in one class, then moved halfway through (due to her birthday) to another class. They would never do this when she's K+, but it gets a little annoying haha.

For example, she is in Toddler 2-3's, but will be moved to Toddler 3-4's in November. It's been this way all throughout her time there.

My niece just missed the cutoff date. so she will always be a little bit older than most of the kids in her class, but she is excited for kindergarten.

FanSince04

My niece just missed the cutoff date. so she will always be a little bit older than most of the kids in her class, but she is excited for kindergarten.

I’m glad she’s excited! I’ve always been the kid who is one of the youngest, because of s spring birthday.

Kizmet311

Every state has different laws/cutoff dates for when children start kindergarten. In Kentucky they have to be 5 by August 1st now - used to be October 1st.

FanSince04

Every state has different laws/cutoff dates for when children start kindergarten. In Kentucky they have to be 5 by August 1st now - used to be October 1st.

Yupp yupp! Also, each district can have different restrictions too. It’s crazy... and we wonder why our educational system isn’t as top notch in some areas as we’d like (this being one of he contributors).

sco

Yeah, it’s annoying and can cause problems for families that move. To get back to the original question though the Tennessee date wouldn’t be anywhere near late enough for Isaiah’s birthday so he has another year.

When he does start school I wonder what she’ll do with her touring schedule. I can’t imagine she could stand leaving him for months at a time so she may go the weekend warrior route or tour primarily in the summer.

lolita55

The cutoff date used to be in like November or December, but about 10 years ago they moved it to September 1st

MSCarriefan

Carrie could homeschool Isaiah a few months if she is touring. Then he could go back to school. That is what Tim and Faith use to. Though Carrie did say I'm the past things will change when he starts school