Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Therapy Time!

carriefann

OK, so I may just make myself even more unpopular here by doing this, but I just feel like it's something that needs to be done. Ok, so last night I know things got a little crazy with the 'Boot's CMA Predictions" thread and AdamJ told us he was leaving, for professional reasons. But some people brought up really good points about "positive" and "negative" posters, and it made me uncomfortable when he said "Some of you are true Carrie fans...." This bothers me because I was under the impression that we are ALL Carrie's fans, or else what would be the point of going on this website and sharing in our mutual love for Carrie?

Read the words at the bottom of my siggy! I mean them. I truly do love ALL of you on here and there is not a person that I wouldn't mind talking to. That is all we should all be. Yeah, we are going to disagree sometimes and yeah we all have different opinions. But I just feel like, to me, there are certain people who stick with a certain group of people and it's almost like we all have "sides" in an argument.

For me, I feel like the only people I geniunely know and get along with and enjoy talking to is Tee, Robin ann hunt, and carebear4eva. With a few notable exceptions. I know I have had moments here where yeah, I went off and I blew up and said some stuff I regret, yes. I'll be the first one to say that.

But I don't want to be labeled as a "negative" poster or "not a true Carrie fan", because let me tell you, I don't know what I would do without Carrie in my life. I don't. And I just felt like AdamJ kind of called a few of us who disagreed with him out on that thread with some of his posts.

I genuinely love Tee, Robin ann hunt, and carebear4eva!! I feel like they have actually tried hard to reach out and make me feel welcome and I hope i give off the same feeling. I know I'm still labeled as a "newbie" or whatever because I've only been here since May, but I was around the site a lot longer than that, and I love it here!

But maybe it's something I'm doing wrong? Am I not reaching out to enough people or have I just upset a lot of people? Tell me if I am wrong. I don't want to be seen as "negative" or someone to avoid, because sometimes I get that feeling.

Almost sometimes I am hesitant to even express my opinion. It's almost like you have to be stiff, robotic, emotionless and just be happy go lucky no matter what or when you post on here without people jumping down your throat.

So are there any disagreements or thoughts that need to be let out? Because we need to clear the air now if there is any negative feelings because then we will feel so much better later and at least I will know what not to do from now on.

I just want you ALL to know I love and care about you and I don't want there to be any kind of rift between anybody. :)

robinannhunt

Good post. Personally I enjoy all the posts on this site, negative or positive. We all can't like Carrie's dress at an awards show. So what. Anyway you can tell the trolls from the good folks on this site. You are not a troll and are free to give your opinion. There are posters that go on and on about a subject and restate there opinions many times. It is just the way some people are and not a reflection on the original poster. We all want discussion. That is what a board is for and not to be a meally mouthed only positive posting spot. If i wanted that I would post more in the fan club.

nannygirl

Good post. Personally I enjoy all the posts on this site, negative or positive. We all can't like Carrie's dress at an awards show. So what. Anyway you can tell the trolls from the good folks on this site. You are not a troll and are free to give your opinion. There are posters that go on and on about a subject and restate there opinions many times. It is just the way some people are and not a reflection on the original poster. We all want discussion. That is what a board is for and not to be a meally mouthed only positive posting spot. If i wanted that I would post more in the fan club.

Oooohhhh, Robin dissing the FC! xD

Er, that's all I have to say since I wasn't mentioned in any capacity and I only yell at people I like...speaking of...NICOLE! GUESS WHAT! I'M TAKING THE SAT AGAIN! AND I WILL BEAT YOU!

Claire2004

Agree with this. Being a fan does not mean you have to love everything about your artist, there are robots we can program for that purpose lol :p. Just as long as the posts are still respectful personally I'm okay with that. :)

Carrieflattsfan

First of all, you are not "unpopular" here. You just don't post as many of us do; I think if you posted here more often it'd help you feel more included. We all have opinions, but they're not always positive (as you've noticed). That's just the way it is around here sometimes. Some people post the same thing over and over, and every once in awhile one of us may get fed up and post about it. It's nothing personal, but I've come to learn you can't change someone's opinion simply by telling them why you do (or don't) agree with them.

You're not doing anything "wrong" here; you're posting your opinion, just as everyone else here. We may get annoyed with each other sometimes, but at the end of the day we know we're all here because of our love for Carrie.

I have no idea where you got the idea that you need to be "robotic and emotionless" to post here, but that's so far from the truth, in my opinion. Just take a look around, and you'll realize there are many different personalities and opinions here.

It does seem like some people stick with others who agree with them, but it's nothing personal. You can post an opinion until you're blue in the face, but it won't change the fact that you may not get through to some people. To be honest, I can see why this board drives so many people away, but you have just to get used to it. Some of people don't have the patience to deal with it, and that's OK. If you don't want to deal with it, you'll know. Don't take it so personally when someone disagrees with you; it really does help. I'd say posting here more often does cause more people to respect your opinion, but that's just my experience.

As for accusations of not being a true Carrie fan; that's BS. Anyone who posts here is obviously a Carrie fan. Some people are just overly sensitive, but it doesn't represent most of us, IMO. Again, it goes back to not taking things too personally; people who do so won't last very long here. I'm sorry you've felt excluded, because I'm sure none of us have that intention. But just know this isn't the first time this kind of discussion has been brought up here, but if I'm being honest, it doesn't change much. If you're willing to go along for the ride it's worth it, but if you're not sure how to deal with the negativity/opinions, I'm not sure what to say.

carriefann

Ok. My point exactly.

nannygirl, I feel like you and I have strongly disagreed on several things and I get the feeling you really don't like me. You just said you "only yell at people you like".....so does that mean you don't like me or other people, because you certainly have not "yelled" at me yet!

And carrieflattsfan. I sent you a PM last night thanking you for the siggy you made me, yet I still have yet to hear back from you. Are you ignoring me or something? It makes me feel stupid for saying thank you, because it's kind of like what's the point if she is never going to reply??

I have sent numerous PMs, friend requests, messages etc. Still no reply from many many people. on at least 15 different occassions. And don't tell me they are too busy because i see these people on here all the time. And I won't name names, partly because in the whole time I've been here since May, I feel like I have barely gotten to know anybody or make friends. i try my best.

Ann055

I, too, am new to this site and I got frustrated once...for a minute...but others told me just what Carrieflattsfan just said in above post. For me, and this is just me...I tend to be a little more patient with some things and trust me, that hasn't always been the case with me. For me, I am currently in a place with my health where I have to be patient and not let myself get upset over things. Obviously, we are all Carrie fans. Sometimes, for whatever reason, we all post something that could be taken negatively when, in fact, that may not have been the intention at all. So, for me, I love it here and know that we are going to disagree sometimes and that's life and that's ok. Hang in there!!!

pklongbeach

Please know that the only thing you need to be popular around here is a love and commitment to Carrie.
We are all different. and some days I feel like I am terribly negative and some days I feel like Pollyanna. what is most important is to stay active. we all participate in the larger effort to support Carrie.
Thats it. Please keep it up.
We do listen and we do care. And we need to hear everyones opinions cause that is the only way we get a clear image of what people are thinking.

nannygirl

Ok. My point exactly.

nannygirl, I feel like you and I have strongly disagreed on several things and I get the feeling you really don't like me. You just said you "only yell at people you like".....so does that mean you don't like me or other people, because you certainly have not "yelled" at me yet!

And carrieflattsfan. I sent you a PM last night thanking you for the siggy you made me, yet I still have yet to hear back from you. Are you ignoring me or something? It makes me feel stupid for saying thank you, because it's kind of like what's the point if she is never going to reply??

I have sent numerous PMs, friend requests, messages etc. Still no reply from many many people. on at least 15 different occassions. And don't tell me they are too busy because i see these people on here all the time. And I won't name names, partly because in the whole time I've been here since May, I feel like I have barely gotten to know anybody or make friends. i try my best.

Well, I don't know you, you know? Like...it would be awfully rude of me to yell at you and despite what some people on here may think, I try to be polite. I mean, I CAN yell at you, if you want me to. I'm sure you've said some things that I would probably have disagreed with. It just wouldn't be the same thing as me talking to Tee about her hatin' on SWSRN. xD I don't think I've yelled at Robin either though...and I like her...so, obviously, there are exceptions to the rule. I'm open to getting to know you though. :)

thaifood

Ok. My point exactly.

Please don't take everything so personal. I have been around here forever & have met many folks in person, especially in Nashville during CMA & Fan Club Party week, but we don't necessarily get along or agree on everything. Teeshaky & I have had many arguments but we are still cordial & gather together in out fondness for the lovely blonde one. If folks don't answer your PM's that is their issue not your. Relax, take a deep breath & just enjoy the friends you do make...other will fall along eventually.

I don't think nannygirl has ever yelled at me either, but I'm sure I have done things that could set her off if she knew me better...:eek:

oldyfan

I don't post often, but I read almost all posts. I rarely get into disagreements but, the couple times I have I hope that no one was offended. My being here is simply because I love watching Carrie's journey and listening to her angelic voice. Being a member of the fanclub is great but I generally get my news first here. JMO

nannygirl

Please don't take everything so personal. I have been around here forever & have met many folks in person, especially in Nashville during CMA & Fan Club Party week, but we don't necessarily get along or agree on everything. Teeshaky & I have had many arguments but we are still cordial & gather together in out fondness for the lovely blonde one. If folks don't answer your PM's that is their issue not your. Relax, take a deep breath & just enjoy the friends you do make...other will fall along eventually.

I don't think nannygirl has ever yelled at me either, but I'm sure I have done things that could set her off if she knew me better...:eek:

Okay, fine, I lied. I only yell at Nicole. Gosh, guys! Way to ruin my segue! I just REALLY wanted to tell Nicole that I was going to beat her SAT score, again! :p

Nah, aren't you the dude who denied the amazing sexual chemistry between Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander, Thai? I'm pretty sure that I got mad over that. I may not have yelled at you though, 'cause I don't know you well and I do sincerely try to be polite most of the time...but I'm sure I was pretty steamed about that little comment. xD

Do YOU look adoringly at YOUR best friend like that? I know I don't!

tumblr_lu0kgfOhKN1qdh6wro1_500.jpg

So sweet! :)

But that's neither here nor there. Although, for any interested parties, the show returns to TNT on November 28th! :)

Point is, I try to be friendly and I'll talk to anyone...but I'll totally yell at you if I feel like it. I remember fighting with Sir R (btw, where is he???) because he deleted some of my most awesome comments. Great guy that one. :rolleyes:

I don't post often, but I read almost all posts. I rarely get into disagreements but, the couple times I have I hope that no one was offended. My being here is simply because I love watching Carrie's journey and listening to her angelic voice. Being a member of the fanclub is great but I generally get my news first here. JMO

DUDE, I totally agree! The FC is only good for Carrie blogs and/or posts. Anything else, you gotta be on CFs! :cool:

carriefann

Ok, then. Maybe that's the attitude I need to take. Be like nannygirl. Maybe I just need to say what I think, and screw what anybody else says! Maybe that is my problem, that I care too much.

Carrieflattsfan

Ok. My point exactly.

First of all, I appreciate that you sent me a PM; thank you. But I do have to say I'm a busy college student, and I often chose to post here instead of answering my DM's right away. Just because people don't answer right away doesn't mean they don't like you. I've been here for almost a year & I hardly ever have DM's, and I have no messages on my profile. If you want people to accept you, get involved. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's not going to help you around here if you're so sensitive about everything.

supercarriefan

As you spend more time here at CF, you'll learn that everyone has an opinion, and many aren't afraid to state that opinion. We don't have to agree because that would be so boring. Sure, we can get into some pretty intense discussions, but at the end of it all we often agree to disagree and move on. Threads like the CMA Predictions thread are common around here, and the discussions generally calm down with time.
There are just going to be some issues around here that are always going to hit a nerve, and those are the issues where it may look like people take sides. It's not so much people taking sides, as people simply agreeing with an opinion already posted. It's not meant to gang up on anybody, or make anybody feel unwelcome or bad about themselves.
This is a fan board for our favorite artist. It is supposed to be fun, not something to stress yourself out over. As for someone stating that only some people here are true Carrie fans, well, that is uncalled for because we are all devoted Carrie fans. Why else would we spend so much time here lol?

12russ79

*****BREAKING NEWS******

If you spend your life trying please others and have them accept you unconditionally then your always gonna be let down... Just be yourself and let the cards fall where they may.... I'm a joker but I think your an ACE..... CARRIEFANN.... I love your passion and never stop caring thats what makes you who you are.... Everyone on this site is special in their own way(even Broker.. LOL) and so are you my friend......
RUSS

Ann055

*****BREAKING NEWS******

If you spend your life trying please others and have them accept you unconditionally then your always gonna be let down... Just be yourself and let the cards fall where they may.... I'm a joker but I think your an ACE..... CARRIEFANN.... I love your passion and never stop caring thats what makes you who you are.... Everyone on this site is special in their own way(even Broker.. LOL) and so are you my friend......
RUSS

What russ said...we all like you carriefann!!! Just keep posting and all will be well!!!

Mirasa45A

YEP -- I agree !!

Gator

Carriefann - Has anyone responded to your PM? I ask this because for some unknown reason, PM does not work for everyone. I, for instance, can send them fine but cannot receive them.