Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jan-Feb album discussion- Some Hearts!

countrymusicfan15

Ok I said I was gonna start this tomorrow but decided to get it going now :) So let’s start the monthly album discussion off now with Some Hearts!! Post whatever you want about the album, songs, singles, videos, live performances, etc.!

Jan-Feb: Some Hearts

March-April: Carnival Ride

May-June: Play On

July: American Idol Season 4

August-Sept: Blown Away/Greatest Hits

Oct-Nov: Storyteller

December-January: Cry Pretty

2021: CU7!

Last edited:

countrymusicfan15

I’m going to listen to SH on the way to and from work tomorrow then I’ll report back with some thoughts! Ahh I have so many memories associated with this album (well, all of them lol)

liz278

Just going through this album brings back memories. I really love this album. Some of my favorite songs are on here.

txacar

For me, this is Carrie's best album and the only one I listen to, and love every song, beginning to end. I've packed away all others and have downloaded the good songs off of each for my phone/car, but SH will always be there in its entirety. I love the purity/clarity of her young voice without the unpleasant high belting that became her trademark with the release of CR.

hjj

I wonder if most of us did this before the album elimination game would it have made a difference. I will listen this next week.

jaymiee

I shouldn't admit this but I dont think I've ever listened to this full album at once. I have all the songs now but I was 13 when this album came out.

I dont even know the order of the tracklist. My goal tomorrow is to listen to this full album

MSCarriefan

I just listened to it yesterday. I still can listen to it start to finish without skipping a track. I remember be 10 or 11 and doing the same thing after it first came out. The songs now have different meanings though. I really like I Can't Live a Lie and That's Where it Is recently. I probably listen to this CP and PO the most of the album's.

countrymusicfan15

Wanted to post a couple thoughts for now. I’ll have more to come for sure!

It’s so crazy how certain songs can take you back to such specific times in your life. Wasted, Don’t Forget To Remember Me, Some Hearts, Lessons Learned, and Before He Cheats each take me back to a different moment/time. I ran cross country in high school (and whenever I could I would listen to my AM/FM radio mp3 thing when running). I was a Sophomore when Before He Cheats was released, and even just thinking about the song, I go right back to that time. Like down to a certain street I was running on while hearing it on the radio. It’s so crazy how real it feels.
When I was a Sophomore in college, I went through a period where I listened to Lessons Learned at least 10 times a day for a whole semester lol usually between classes or at lunch when I was studying and at night before bed. So that one just takes me back to then. I could go on and on about the other songs but I don’t want to bore anyone too much haha does anyone else have similar nostalgia/flashbacks with certain songs on Some Hearts??

cmuf2011

Haven’t listened to Some Hearts the album in a while but here are songs that I enjoyed please note this is a pre listen (songs that I enjoyed listening to the most) (in no particular order)

1. Some hearts
2. Whenever you remember
3. Starts with goodbye
4. Jesus take the wheel
5. Wasted

I’ll do the post listen either this week or next week.

And I’m also only doing a top 5 for each era

jaymiee

Thank you for starting this thread otherwise I never would have went back and listened to Some Hearts from start to finish. It was the best flashback I could have asked for! I forgot how obsessed i was with some of these songs like Wasted, Starts with Goodbye, Whenever you Remember, and Some Hearts. Lord!! This hit me in the feels! Its so funny to hear how much her voice has changed since when she first started, but thats the voice I fell in love with back when she was on AI!!

My Top 5:
1. Wasted
2. Before He Cheats (has to be)
3. Starts With goodbye
4. Whenever You Remember
5. Jesus Take The Wheel

countrymusicfan15

Thank you for starting this thread otherwise I never would have went back and listened to Some Hearts from start to finish. It was the best flashback I could have asked for! I forgot how obsessed i was with some of these songs like Wasted, Starts with Goodbye, Whenever you Remember, and Some Hearts. Lord!! This hit me in the feels! Its so funny to hear how much her voice has changed since when she first started, but thats the voice I fell in love with back when she was on AI!!

My Top 5:
1. Wasted
2. Before He Cheats (has to be)
3. Starts With goodbye
4. Whenever You Remember
5. Jesus Take The Wheel

Glad you got to take a little trip to the past!

cmuf2011

Jesus take the wheel
This is one of my all time favorite song not just of Carrie’s but of all the artist that I listen to. I know the lyrics to this song on top of my head forward and backwards but despite knowing this song i decided that to give it a fair review I need to listen to it again like I’m gonna do for all other songs.

Stand out lyrics
1. She had a lot on her mind and she didn't pay attention she was going way too fast-
This is actually two verses but despite that I couldn’t break it up cause while they are good by themselves together they compliment each other. These lyrics speaks to me; a lot of her mind, going way to fast. It’s like Carrie is telling me to slow down, not to worry that while it’s good to reach your destination that it is about the journey; the growth and development and that sometimes I just need to stop and breathe

2. Cause I can’t do this on my own-
This speaks for it self most of the time I would rather try to do something a million and one times and try to think of every possible solution and keep on trying until I succeed and not ask for help until I need to and there are time in which i need to remember that it’s ok to ask for help and that asking for help can help me to succeed faster.

3. And for the first time in a long time
This verse is like a new beginning that it is going to be okay. That it is ok to go back to one roots to one foundation

4. So give me one more chance-
This verse is like me asking for another chance after messing up God knows how many times. It tells me that it is ok to keep trying; that I’m not alone that I’m not the only one who falls short and while I know this sometimes I just need to hear it in order for it to click and that at times I don’t need to be so hard on myself.

5. So from now on tonight
This is like a promise, an intention, a goal to thrive, to keep trying, to not quit when things gets hard. The tonight promise is like I going to commit it’s not an from now on as in I’m planning to no it’s a now on I’m going to and I just love it

Throwback
This takes me back I remember rooting for Carrie on idol but this song is what got me hooked. I remember listening to this song on my MP3 player on repeat and it probably the only song that I listen to back in the 7th grade 2005 ok I listen to other songs but 90% of the time it was probably this song I was listening to. Listening to it again just gave me the chills but the good welcome back home that just makes you all warm inside feeling kind of chills

Overall
Amazing song a classic in my opinion and I can listen to it a million times in one day and still want to listen to it a million times the very next day. From the lyrics, to the music to the memories I just can not help but to love this song and this song having a special place in my heart.

cmuf2011

My updated top 5 is going to take longer than two weeks I was just going to listen to the album and list my new top 5 but my inner student came out and was like no I’m gonna do a song review for every song and I’m gonna do it randomly cause doing it in order would be to predictable

The first song review is directly above this post