Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[June 8, 2018] CMA Fest

Louisa

Yay! So happy to hear Carrie will be playing at CMA Fest. Guess the new music is coming sooner than we think.

Kizmet311

I do hope this is a sign of new music to come in the VERY near future! I actually like the CMA Fest lineup pretty good - wouldn't mind going Thurs-Sat and then heading home early on Sunday, lol. I just wish Carly or Kelsea were on the same night as Carrie, but I guess they have to spread the girls out, there are so few of them (insert rolling eyes emoji). I've always wanted to go to CMA Fest, but not sure I could convince my hubby to do it.

Claire2004

Yes! I do think this is a sign of new music to come. From what I recall, in the past, Carrie joins the CMA fest when there's new music coming or an ongoing album era. Yes!

I’ve never been to the fan club party in all these years. Would love to be able to go!

I joined the fan club last year but I didn’t get invited so I was a little bummed out about that.But I’m hoping to be able to get to go this year as well!!With all of the excitement about new Carrie music,it would be exciting to be able to go this year!!

Smokyiiis

I joined the fan club last year but I didn’t get invited so I was a little bummed out about that.But I’m hoping to be able to get to go this year as well!!With all of the excitement about new Carrie music,it would be exciting to be able to go this year!!

Dont be bummed out. I’ve been a member for ten years and never gotten an invite. Lol
i honestly think the same names get put in the hat somehow. Some of the long time members record the music for those of us that weren’t there though and that’s always beautiful

Smokyiiis

Hubby thinks they choose from fans in Tennessee and it’s surrounding states because they’re more assured of showing up

maddkat

Staff member
^up until 3-4 years ago everyone was invited.Use to be 1K people there from all over.I remember a group of girls from Canada coming every year.

Kizmet311

Hubby thinks they choose from fans in Tennessee and it’s surrounding states because they’re more assured of showing up

I definitely cannot confirm whether or not this is true, but I know Donna and I are both from KY and got to go to the party in 2015 and 2017. I think I may have attended every iteration (but not every year) of the OFC parties. The very first year it was held in the Roy Acuff Theater at the Opry complex, but the building was torn down after the flood. We got an acoustic set and then small group pictures of 4-5 people with Carrie. I remember she left the party at one point to rehearse for that night's Opry performance while we all lined up for the pictures.

Then, as Donna mentioned, they moved the parties to the main Opry house and it seemed like everyone that RSVPed was invited and the party usually consisted of some favors, an acoustic set, and some on-stage games or prize giveaways.

I think that maybe either in-between the all-inclusive party years or after the all-inclusive party years, Carrie did the one party at the Hall of Fame for her #1 party (can't remember which singles it was for). I really don't know anything about that one since it was a one off kind of party and I didn't attend.

Then for 2015 and 2016, the party was held before/during the 9:00 Opry show and Carrie provided favors, appetizers, and streamed the 9:00 Opry show for the party. She made a brief appearance to talk and took a large group photo with everyone at the party. I'm assuming 2016 was the same, although I only attended in 2015. In 2015, the Band members stuck around for a short while after the large group photo, and poor Carole got stuck taking photos with fans once someone realized she was there and a line formed. She was so sweet about it, though, so I have a picture with Carrie's mom, lol.

Then, of course, last year's was the best one ever although I know many were disappointed that they kept it small, which of course was due to Carrie taking individual photos with everyone that attended. It wasn't intended to be a M&G, just a quick post for a snapshot, so you really only had a few seconds to say hi to her, although some tried to talk a little longer. And, of course, she did a set (with the full band, I think) of all the Storyteller songs she didn't sing on tour, plus CCA, because it was a fan favorite.

Sorry, it's just fun to think about how the evolution of the parties. While I absolutely adored the setup of last year - it was the absolute perfect party, I do understand people preferring when they had a large enough party for everyone to attend. I would rather get to go to the party every year and get a special Carrie concert than get the picture with her and only get to go once in a blue moon. The pictures last year were special for sure, but maybe they could just do a M&G contest for the Fan Club party and at least some people would still get to meet her and do the picture each year, while everyone could get to enjoy the concert.

Once she was announced for CMA Fest, I went to look up tickets for the Tuesday night Opry that week, but those tickets must sell out pretty quickly as soon as they go on sale. I thought maybe I could still get some decent seats at this point in the game, but not what I wanted!

glenn7

^up until 3-4 years ago everyone was invited.Use to be 1K people there from all over.I remember a group of girls from Canada coming every year.

Also had fans from France, UK, Italy, Philippines & Australia plus many from Hawaii, Az, Wash St, CA, etc. when everyone was invited and had in main Opry venue & the private concerts just for the fans was so very special as we got to hear songs live in that setting from albums she never sang on tour or even ie Alone from IDOL. So very special & such an awesome treat.

LilUnderwood

I wish that you could get a ticket for one night at CMA Fest instead of the 4 day pass even though there are other cool artists I am more interested in seeing Carrie lol :p:p

Countryfan2448

I got this in my email.

Over 100 Additional Performances Added For CMA Fest 2018

CMA Fest 2018
More than 100 additional performances have been added throughout downtown NASHVILLE for the upcoming CMA FEST, scheduled for THURSDAY, JUNE 7th through SUNDAY, JUNE 10th
. Just added to the lineup at NISSAN STADIUM are JAKE OWEN and COLE SWINDELL, performing FRIDAY night and SUNDAY night, respectively. Additionally, XFINITY FAN FAIR X will return with three stages, panels, meet and greets, music and lifestyle exhibits, prize giveaways, and more.
"What makes CMA FEST unique from other music festivals are our one-of-a-kind fan experiences at XFINITY FAN FAIR X," said CMA CMO DAMON WHITESIDE. "For decades, Country music fans have flocked to NASHVILLE to attend the festival to get up close and personal with their favorite artists. We're proud to continue that tradition year after year."

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/...nces-added-for-cma-fes&ref=mail_country_daily

Countryfan2448

sonny

@Sonnyhensley22
1h
1 hour ago

More
I’m watching Carrie Underwood do her run through right now and let me tell you what.

Countryfan2448

We’re back
1f60e.png
@KelseaBallerini and I are hosting #CMAFest again this year! Save the date: Aug 8 at 8|7c on @ABCNetwork
De8Ny-aVAAE9sj8.jpg