Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just checking in - I've been MIA!

Kizmet311

Hey everyone! I just wanted to stop in and say hello because I haven't been on here in months, literally! I have been such an active member of this site since Carrie won Idol in 2005, but life changes and I just don't have the time to devote to this site (or Carrie) like I used to. Even though I've never seen your faces, I consider some of you friends (Robin, Tee, James (JB172), and others) and wanted to let you know what has been going on in my life.

As some of you knew, I was expecting a little girl after having 3 consecutive miscarriages. I am happy to say that Aubree arrived on August 16th and is doing well. We had a rough first few weeks - they found out she had a congenital heart defect called Coarctation of the Aorta before we were discharged from the hospital. So, she spent the next three weeks in the NICU at two separate hospitals and had to have surgery to repair the defect. She was a little trooper though and came home just 4 or 5 days after her surgery. She is doing really well now and just has to follow up with her cardiologist periodically. We hope that she won't have any problems in the future, but there is a chance that she could have to have a heart cath to break up scar tissue from the surgery or have issues with blood pressure. Anyway, it was a very scary time, but we made it through with lots of love and support from family and friends and God taking care of Aubree through all of it.

Obviously with all of that going on, I pretty much abandoned Carrie Fans. I was home for 8 weeks for maternity leave (just came back to work a week ago) and of course spent all of that time taking care of my little girl. I had time to get online, but I decided that I have to set priorities and at this point following Carrie's every move is no longer a priority. I did go see her in concert in Louisville last month though with a couple of friends as I bought the tickets long before Aubree was born and didn't want to back out on my friends (and I didn't want to miss the concert of course!). The concert was amazing, as Carrie always is, and my friends really enjoyed it too. They loved the screens and how they were used and really thought the production was a step up over the Play On tour. My favorite part was how they kept teasing you during the concert - you kept thinking she was going to open with Blown Away and then one more time thought it was coming up. My friend thought she would open with Blown Away and I said Good Girl - she thought she was right, but then the switch happened, lol. I am so glad to see that she changed her encore set - it was time to move on from closing with BHC. The closing segment was great and I love that she kept I Know You Won't in the set list. My only disappointment and it was a MAJOR disappointment was that she didn't include Wine After Whiskey. It's my favorite song and as soon as I heard the instrumental playing during one of the wardrobe changes I knew she wouldn't sing it. Carrie has so many up tempo songs now to fill her concerts, so I guess she is very selective about her ballads since there are only a few. I would have happily traded Get Out of This Town, Nobody Ever Told You, or Thank God for Hometowns for WAW though. And I guess since it isn't on the set list, there is no hope of it being a single either.

Anyway, I would love to hear what's been going on with all of you and if I have missed any major Carrie news over the last 3 months. I did record the VH1 Behind the Music and the Unplugged (haven't watched the latter yet). I totally forgot about her Today show appearance, but watched a couple of the performances online. Anything else that I've missed? I saw Carrie's tweet that BA went #1 - did it get both Billboard and Mediabase? Is it still #1?

Missed you all!

gaycarebear

Great to hear from you!

I hope things continue to go well for you and your daughter! :)

Well, you've missed quite a lot, especially recently. Carrie did get her 16th #1 song w/ BA on Mediabase and her 13th on Billboard's Country Airplay chart.

Oh, and Billboard changed the rules on their Hot Country Songs chart. Taylor is now dominating that chart now, as it now takes into account digital downloads, streaming and pop radio airplay. Needless to say, this news sent this board into a fury. Haha.

Also, Carrie got four ACA nominations and 2 AMA nominations. :) And it was announced that Carrie is performing on the CMA's. :)

Kizmet311

Thanks for the update! Any speculation on what the next single might be now that BA is #1? Will she get a multi-week #1 with it?

I heard about the nominations, but glad to hear Carrie is performing on the CMA's. I wonder if it will be Blown Away.

Did she and Brad do any cute promos for the CMAs this year? Anyone have any links to youtube videos of them?

gaycarebear

Thanks for the update! Any speculation on what the next single might be now that BA is #1? Will she get a multi-week #1 with it?

I heard about the nominations, but glad to hear Carrie is performing on the CMA's. I wonder if it will be Blown Away.

Did she and Brad do any cute promos for the CMAs this year? Anyone have any links to youtube videos of them?

Still no word. Many people here think it will be DYTAM, since she performs it on tour and it seems to get a good reaction. BA is a lock for a 2nd week at #1 on Mediabas, according to Cary.

There is an uncut promo of Brad and Carrie that's pretty funny. I'll find the link :)

opry051008

Congrats on your new baby girl! I'm so happy that she's doing better, and you too. :)

Here's a few things you may or may not have missed.

CMA Songwriters series: CMA Songwriters Series featuring Carrie Underwood (FULL) - YouTube

CMA commercial is here Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood - CMA Awards "Hosts" promo uncut! - YouTube

Country's Night to Rock CMA Music Festival 2012 - Full Concert - YouTube

MDA Performance MDA SHOW of STRENGTH: Carrie Underwood "Nobody Ever Told You" - YouTube

Teacher's Rock [CBS Teachers Rock] Carrie Underwood- Nobody Ever Told You - YouTube