Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman welcome second daughter

knewman19

Forgive me for being stupid, but what exactly does this mean?

Congrats to Keith and Nicole.

it means that she was made using her eggs and his sperm and this was placed inside a carrier's body to carry the baby to term. in other words she was made in a Petri dish

I hope that isn't to gross for some of you for me to explain that...... sorry!

knewman19

Thx for the info.. So no one actually carried the baby? I had no idea you could do things like that. I thought you had to have an actual person carry the baby.

no a surrogate carried the baby :) it is just the baby was formed in a petri dish then the egg was placed into a surrogate to carry for nine months

nannygirl

Why did they choose to use a surrogate? Not that it's any of my business at all, haha. I was just wondering. :)

hjj

I think Nicole has hx of miscarriage and her older age may have made it more risky for carrying the baby to term. Chris Daughtry and his wife use a surrogate for their twins as well.

Carrieflattsfan

So happy for Keith and Nicole! They seem like great, loving people, and it's great to see a Hollywood couple so geniunely happy together. They chose such a pretty name, too!:)

aw thats sweet. I cant wait to have a kid. Haha when I saw it I was like wow and she was on the red carpet the other night? but then i saw the surrogate part haha

DizzyDollyDee

So very excited for them. Have read enough times how they had wanted more children so evidently this was the way they could. Also believe they are very happy. Neat that Sunday Rose will have a little sister. I've heard Nicole say she favors Keith (I can't tell) - wonder if Faith will favor her. She will be dearly loved and can hardly wait to see a picture. Wonder if she'll cut back on her acting now with two little ones?

gocountrymusic

I just saw this on the news. I should've known that this site would already have a thread on it.

Congratulations on the new addition Keith and Nicole!