Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kim Jong Il has died

knewman19

North Korean leader Kim Jong Il dead, state TV reports - CNN.com

(CNN) -- North Korean leader Kim Jong Il is dead, North Korean state TV said Monday.
Kim, 69, died Saturday, state TV said.
The son of Kim Il Song, the founder of the communist nation, Kim Jong Il had been in power since 1994 when his father died of a heart attack at age 82.
The enigmatic leader was a frequent thorn in the side of neighboring South Korea, as well as the United States. There have been reports in recent years about his health, as well as that power will be transitioned to his son, Kim Jong Un.

I guess I can say RIP
you perverted little sicko! Maybe they can now sell your something like 1000 cars to feed your starving people!

AIgrl06

How unfortunate. :rolleyes:

How amazing would it be if this marked the beginning of a new era for North Korea. I can't help but think, though, that Kim Jon-il's son will be very much like his father in office... even if it's hard to imagine someone quite as insane as him.

wonton

wow... we just talked about him in church today and how whenever he is overthrown the nation will be radically changed. Crazy.

buckeyecarriefan

How unfortunate. :rolleyes:

How amazing would it be if this marked the beginning of a new era for North Korea. I can't help but think, though, that Kim Jon-il's son will be very much like his father in office... even if it's hard to imagine someone quite as insane as him.

Honestly I've heard that his son is even worse than he was.......as scary to think about as it is.

clh_hilary

His son is worse, and his son is basically a dummy, pardon the expression.

But the thing is, since his son is so dumb, there maybe power struggles. Wars and conflicts should be expected.

Johngalt

The Devil you don't know is always worse then the Devil you Know.
I pray that the North Korean people will find the strength to use this opportunity to demand FREEDOM!!

supercarriefan

I hope this can bring some form of uprising among the people in North Korea, and that a new government that actually supports the people can be put in place. Unfortunately, it will be a struggle to make any change in a system that has functioned in such a corrupt way for so long.
I wish the people of North Korea the very best.

clh_hilary

Looking at those mourners' photos, I'm inclined to think that most of North Korea has already been brain-washed. I doubt a mass-scale uprising will happen anytime soon unless something dramatic happens.

supercarriefan

Looking at those mourners' photos, I'm inclined to think that most of North Korea has already been brain-washed. I doubt a mass-scale uprising will happen anytime soon unless something dramatic happens.

I agree. I was looking at some of the photos last night online, and much of the country appears devastated by his death. He is even lying in state today. I think it will be a long road still for North Korea. It will be interesting to see what happens now.

carriecountrystar

Apparently North Korea kept his death a secret for TWO days. Looks like the US, Japan, and South Korea had NO idea of this cover-up by the North. Some are speculating that China might have been tipped off as they are allied with the North but no one knows for sure.

For two days, North Korea's best-kept secret - Yahoo! News

North Korea is one to watch, the fact that they could control this kind of news not getting out is just incredible.

Mirasa45A

Communist Countries are very secretive --it's a common tradition !

Apparently North Korea kept his death a secret for TWO days. Looks like the US, Japan, and South Korea had NO idea of this cover-up by the North. Some are speculating that China might have been tipped off as they are allied with the North but no one knows for sure.

For two days, North Korea's best-kept secret - Yahoo! News

North Korea is one to watch, the fact that they could control this kind of news not getting out is just incredible.

clh_hilary

It's very easy to cover that up, it's not like they have reporters, Internet, cameras, telephones, computers or anything...

bigbluegrl23

Yes, it's also difficult to understand how they can possibly be brain-washed when they literally are dying.

it's almost like stockholm syndrome, where the victim's originally were going against their attacker but had to align themselves with the perpetrator as a coping mechanism. Then again, most of the people are probably told that if they don't cry, they are dead.
Becca