Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lady Antebellum “Ocean” Era

FanSince04

I wasn’t too thrilled about their first release from their upcoming album, “Ocean”. The song (“What If I Never Get Over You”) didn’t really strike a chord with me. I’ve been longing for content that resembles their songs (“Need You More”, “American Honey”, and “Wanted You More”). The title track “Ocean” is so poignantly beautiful. Hilary Scott hits you in the heart with this emotional, piano-driven ballad. It definitely took me back to her song “Still” off her debut solo album.

I wouldn’t be disappointed if Carrie would record songs like this. I am musically driven to these type of songs, Carrie has a gorgeous, soft tone which she flexed more this time around on “Cry Pretty” tracks. It would be a match made in heaven!

FanSince04

Lady Antebellum "Ocean" Album

I have recently had time to actually stream albums being released, rather than just singles or released songs. If you have not discovered "Ocean" by Lady Antebellum you may want to give it a listen. I found myself reflecting back to when Lady Antebellum was riding high on the wave of success that came with "Need You Now".

Some standout songs for me include the following:

"Pictures"

A reflective song about how pictures can show one feeling when in reality there is a different feeling underneath. There is a strong connection to "Need You Know", but not as desperate and yearning. 'Need You Know" is a gloves off, come see me now, with a dose of I realize this isn't a good situation... I just don't care. "Pictures" is a more mature perspective of I know this isn't a good situation... I just miss those pictures where we were happy. I appreciate both songs for different reasons. Depending on my mood, I would listen to either and sing my heart out. They both emote the same reminiscing feeling!

"What I'm Leaving For"

My absolute favorite song on this album, well tied with "Ocean". As a father, this song really touches my heart. You can feel the love Scott and Kelley both have for their families, the ache in their heart as they do what they love... even those the ones they love may not always be with them, and it flows as a beautiful love letter to their kids and spouses. If I were to connect this to a current song, it's the sister to "Even Though I'm Leaving" by Luke Combs. A similar storyline sung as a lullaby. Yes, you will have tears in your eyes after a listen or two. I would bet money this will be released as a future single... I can see it hitting #1 as well.

"Ocean"

What a beautiful, poignant, raw, and emotional song. I was teary eyed from the beginning. You just knew the song was written from a place of hurt. I believe this could have been very fitting on Scott's solo album. The song fits in the same category as her song, "Still", but although similar in composition, the songs have different messages. "Ocean" brings a person to mind whether an old flame, loved one, or a friend. You want to reach them so badly, you'd do anything, go to great lengths just to make them see/feel your love, yet you know it's helpless. They are going down a path much different than you, or drifting further away. I always find this metaphor to be a cliche in music. Lady Antebellum does a decent job walking the line between authentic and cliche... well done!

"On A Night Like This"

It does not scream single worthy, but it does scream SHOWSTOPPER if performed in concert. The piano paired with a soft-guitar is gorgeous. The song reminds me of their song "I Was Here" but not as in your face. A good stand alone song! If there was any song to pull out the cellphones and capitalize on the heartstrings of the audience, then this would be that song. "On A Night Like This" would not be out of place next to "American Honey". Both have that youthful feel to them. I like to think "American Honey" could be blasted during the day driving down a country road; whereas, "On A Night Like This" could be blared at night driving down that same country road!

"Mansion"

THIS IS THE KINGDOM OF THEIR ALBUM! I loved hearing this song. I would love for Carrie and Lady Antebellum to mash these two songs together one day. Honestly, I would have placed this song at the end of the album instead of "Ocean". Absolutely beautiful song. I have no critique except that if this song is not released to country radio get this song released to AC immediately! It would be a beautiful smash.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and critiques! Please post and let's discuss.

Smokyiiis

"What I'm Leaving For"

My absolute favorite song on this album, well tied with "Ocean". As a father, this song really touches my heart. You can feel the love Scott and Kelley both have for their families, the ache in their heart as they do what they love... even those the ones they love may not always be with them, and it flows as a beautiful love letter to their kids and spouses. If I were to connect this to a current song, it's the sister to "Even Though I'm Leaving" by Luke Combs. A similar storyline sung as a lullaby. Yes, you will have tears in your eyes after a listen or two. I would bet money this will be released as a future single... I can see it hitting #1 as well.

This one already has a video on You Tube. Grabs ya

FanSince04

"What I'm Leaving For"

This one already has a video on You Tube. Grabs ya

I saw that and wasn’t sure if it was just for promotional use. Either way I did like it!

adam1995

I liked "What If I Never Get Over You", "Be Patient With My Love" and "The Thing That Wrecks You".

Louisa

I’ve been a Lady A fan for many years. I’d say this is one of their better albums. It’s great from beginning to end. I love the lead single. “You Can Do You” is fun. “Let It Be Love” is a gorgeous song. So much on here I love and can listen to again and again. They say they’ll be touring Ocean in 2020. So excited for that. Congrats Lady A on a wonderful new album. :)

FanSince04

I liked "What If I Never Get Over You", "Be Patient With My Love" and "The Thing That Wrecks You".

I really tried to like TTTWY, but for some reason it wasn't my favorite. I was hoping it'd be so much more. BPWML is a solid song!