Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's Talk About Cars!

Lstname89

I see we have a variety of threads here but I have yet to see any about cars. Am I a minority?

For starters I want one of these!

It's an Audi R8 GT Spyder. It's only about 200K, chump change!

2011-audi-r8-spyder-1.jpg:D

S

seantrainor

I want a BMW 3-series convertible. That's only about $50,000. I'm a little more reasonable. :p

cole

I want something a lot more reasonable, lol. :p A Chevy Malibu! Definitely getting it one day.

2013-Chevy-Malibu-419056.jpg

Lstname89

I actually own the last generation of the Malibu's cousin, the Saturn Aura. SATAURA5.JPG Mine is silver though, She's my baby!

Lstname89

I like the new/13 Malibu's, but I don't want the hybrid. I want the sport trim level or whatever they plan to call it that supposed to be out this fall.. I also wouldn't mind one of these!

2012 Ford F-150 SVT-Raptor. BEAST! 2012-Ford-F-150-SVT-Raptor-front-three-quarter2-623x389.jpg Not to mention Matt drives a truck and I've kinda fallen in love with him AND the truck lol

cole

I like the new/13 Malibu's, but I don't want the hybrid. I want the sport trim level or whatever they plan to call it that supposed to be out this fall.. I also wouldn't mind one of these!

2012 Ford F-150 SVT-Raptor. BEAST! View attachment 28756 Not to mention Matt drives a truck and I've kinda fallen in love with him AND the truck lol

That's so sweet!!! :' )

Lstname89

Haha, yeah I fell hard. Like people I've been with before for months to years, don't even compare to how I feel about Matt after a couple weeks.

S

seantrainor

I can't wait til I get my first car. I'm definitely not gonna get a BMW at first, but eventually I will. Probably something a bit more practical. I'd like a nicer car though. Idk what.

buckeyecarriefan

What do you drive now, Tom?

Right now I've got a 95 Pontiac Bonneville and recently bought an old Ram(not even sure what year) for cheap as a fixer upper and something to do/learn about cars. Growing up I just never got into the whole fixing them up thing but it's something I figure I should probably learn now.

Lstname89

Yeah my uncle and I used to work on car's, he was sorta like my dad as a kid, as my real father took off.

I can do some simple tasks with cars, change oil, tires, belts, etc.

I wish remembered what my uncle was talking to me about when I was younger, he passed away back in 2001.

My friends like to work on cars sometimes, but It usually turns into us drinking beer instead of actually fixing things. Shocker huh?

buckeyecarriefan

Yeah I learned how to change a tire, check/change the oil, basic maintenance like that. Guess it could be wore, at least I could somewhat help myself if I was ever stranded somewhere. But if it's anything internal and serious, I have no clue.

My dad is the same way, but I do have a few cousins who know what they're doing. There's hope for me to learn it still. And if/when I do, I'd love to save my money up and buy a racecar(late model probably) and go racing on the weekends. Just for something to do.

Lstname89

Yeah we have a drag strip close by, in high school it was the "cool" thing to do friday nights. I think they closed it down, can't remember.

I wouldn't mind having a quick weekend car, Something that I could store in the winter, and bring to life for the spring and summer seasons. I just don't have the finances to afford another car.

JB172

Yeah I learned how to change a tire, check/change the oil, basic maintenance like that. Guess it could be wore, at least I could somewhat help myself if I was ever stranded somewhere. But if it's anything internal and serious, I have no clue.

My dad is the same way, but I do have a few cousins who know what they're doing. There's hope for me to learn it still. And if/when I do, I'd love to save my money up and buy a racecar(late model probably) and go racing on the weekends. Just for something to do.

Dirt tracking at Oak Shade?

That place is so freaking cool.

buckeyecarriefan

Dirt tracking at Oak Shade?

That place is so freaking cool.

Yep, me, my cousin, and a mutual buddy already have a plan to get a car and share it to start with at some point. Now it's just about saving the money and finding the time to actually do it.

buckeyecarriefan

I'm into pretty much anything with 4 wheels that goes fast lol. NASCAR, IndyCar, some drag racing, the occasional Formula 1.

But when it comes to NASCAR I'm not near as big into as I was 10 years ago. Used to never miss a lap of any race. Now there's only about 4 all season I'll watch start to finish.

I've for some reason never actually gotten TO a live race(major series) though. Only live 2 hours from Michigan, 3 from Indy, 4 from Chicago, 2 from Mid Ohio, probably about 4 from Kentucky, so there's plenty of tracks I could get to. Just never seem to be able to balance time and money to be able to go. Made it for practice and qualifying at Michigan one year though and that was a nice experience.

Edit: Pretty much everyone in my hometown, whether they admit it or not, is into racing in some form. Kind of hard not to be when your most famous resident is an Indy 500 winner and has made 110 starts at the Sprint Cup level.