Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madonna reportdly headlining Super Bowl XLVI halftime show

carriefann

Lol hopefully she will do "Like a Virgin" and do some dirty dance moves like she did in Canada all those years ago....anybody remember that?? :D

supercarriefan

Ugh...why Madonna? She isn't even relevant anymore, and tries far too hard to keep up with the younger acts in pop. Not impressed with this choice...that's not saying much considering I'm rarely impressed with the choice for the halftime show lol.
I agree, Carrieflattsfan. Why can't they get a great country entertainer to do the show? I'm sure lots of country fans watch football lol.

JB172

Seems like an odd choice.

Chesney is a big enough draw to do the halftime show but I guess the NFL doesn't think so.

bigbluegrl23

Ugh...why Madonna? She isn't even relevant anymore, and tries far too hard to keep up with the younger acts in pop. Not impressed with this choice...that's not saying much considering I'm rarely impressed with the choice for the halftime show lol.
I agree, Carrieflattsfan. Why can't they get a great country entertainer to do the show? I'm sure lots of country fans watch football lol.

it seems like most half time show performers for the super bowl arent that relevant actually. I thot the Black Eyed Peas were leading in a new trend. I'd rather hear someone more relevant. The only older performer i enjoyed was the Boss. obviously, because he's the Boss.
becca T

maddkat

Staff member
I'm gonna say boring.
Why does the Super Bowl insist of having so many way past their prime, irrelevant acts as the halftime show?

A bunch of Sugarland fans were trying to get J & K for the half time show due to it being in Indianapolis. Needless to say - they aren't happy. Me? Yeah, it would have been nice, but I don't care for sports, so it's no big deal. It would be nice to see a country artist headline though.

JB172

I'm gonna say boring.
Why does the Super Bowl insist of having so many way past their prime, irrelevant acts as the halftime show?

The NFL doesn't trust the relevants acts that would attract major attention such as say Lady Gaga not to do something that could create negative press like Janet Jackson did.

Zman312

The NFL doesn't trust the relevants acts that would attract major attention such as say Lady Gaga not to do something that could create negative press like Janet Jackson did.

Yeah, Janet ruined it for everyone!

But I am sad to hear Modanna will play the half-time show. I was hoping and dreaming Carrie would play the half-time show on that Sunday and release her album that Monday. I am very sad!

12russ79

Yep your right Jim.... The NFL can put complete trust in the person that rolled around on the floor in a see-through Night-Gown making love to the stage at the MTV music awards one year.... Or Maybe they can get Brittney to come up on stage and Madonna can give her a big wet one on Worldwide TV..... Well the way i look at it better Madonna then SWIFTY..... LOL

GumbyJRH

I don't think Madonna is irrelevant at all.. you know who she is don't you? She is currently working on new music which will certainly be amazing... don't count her out.. she's a legend who is still current!

JB172

Yep your right Jim.... The NFL can put complete trust in the person that rolled around on the floor in a see-through Night-Gown making love to the stage at the MTV music awards one year.... Or Maybe they can get Brittney to come up on stage and Madonna can give her a big wet one on Worldwide TV..... Well the way i look at it better Madonna then SWIFTY..... LOL

Oh she is definitely capable of doing something that could create issues, but the NFL is going to slighty trust her more than an act like Gaga.

If anyone is looking for a country act to be the halftime of the Super Bowl, it isn't going to happen because country acts like it or not are not going to get people who may not be watching the game to flip on the halftime show.

Even someone like Chesney who has all the fans he does will already have most of his fans watching the game anyway

12russ79

Oh she is definitely capable of doing something that could create issues, but the NFL is going to slighty trust her more than an act like Gaga.

If anyone is looking for a country act to be the halftime of the Super Bowl, it isn't going to happen because country acts like it or not are not going to get people who may not be watching the game to flip on the halftime show.

Your right about that one Jim... The only way Carrie would ever get the halftime show is if she was part of a Multi-act performance..... Most people wouldnt even give her chance.... Thats there loss and our gain.....

JB172

Your right about that one Jim... The only way Carrie would ever get the halftime show is if she was part of a Multi-act performance..... Most people wouldnt even give her chance.... Thats there loss and our gain.....

Totally agree.

It would have to be multi acts with people like Brad, Kenny, etc..

The NFL selects the halftime act to draw even more people to the telecast and they are going to use someone whos fans might not be watching the game but will turn it on when whoever that person is performs.

Most country fans are already going to be watching the game so having a country act really isn't going to change the ratings as much as Madonna will.

pklongbeach

I don't write Madonna off. I know she still has it.
I just feel like some performers should recognize that their material is "or was" for a certain age and are simply not that age anymore.
Thats what happens when you get a huge hit when you are in your 20's called Like A Virgin. How do you sing that in your 50's?
Answer: You Don't!
Take a clue TS.
If Madonna had evolved as an artist with her age I could see her doing this. But she is sort of stuck in the 90's and has not done much to get out of that era.
Side note: Cher is one of those very few Divas who has managed to evolve through 4 decades.
Madonna is irrelevant not because she no longer "has it", she just has not relevant material to perform.

GumbyJRH

Confessions on A Dance Floor was released in 2005 and was a huge hit... along with the tour.. then Hard Candy, which was my least favorite Madonna cd but had the hit 4 Minutes on it.... I have to disagree with Cher evolving and Madonna not, :) But it's cool that we disagree on that.. I love Cher, seen her in concert 4 times.. and Madonna too.. as far as Like A Virgin, she never straight up sings that songs anymore... up until her last 2 tours she wouldn't sing it at all... Sorry, I'm a huge Madonna fan, been one since I was 12.. I'm 39 now.. I have to defend her, lol.. just like I do Carrie.. :) And I would love to see Carrie do the halftime show! No doubt... :)

pklongbeach

Ha ha, thats totally cool.
One of my best friends is a huge Madonna fan. It's in his blood.
And I truely meant that I do still think she's "got it".
I just think she could be evolving as an aritst in different ways that will somehow speak to her age as it is now.
Now that is a very difficult thing to do as our society is very youth obsessed.
But others have done it. Celine/Streisand (Cher not in the same way). And I just think that if anyone can age gracefully and make it seem cool and hype it would be Madonna.
I just have not seen that yet.