Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madonna reportdly headlining Super Bowl XLVI halftime show

GumbyJRH

I think that's the way it goes, once you're a Madonna fan, it's in your blood, lol... I feel the same way about Carrie..

Ha ha, thats totally cool.
One of my best friends is a huge Madonna fan. It's in his blood.
And I truely meant that I do still think she's "got it".
I just think she could be evolving as an aritst in different ways that will somehow speak to her age as it is now.
Now that is a very difficult thing to do as our society is very youth obsessed.
But others have done it. Celine/Streisand (Cher not in the same way). And I just think that if anyone can age gracefully and make it seem cool and hype it would be Madonna.
I just have not seen that yet.

clh_hilary

Ha ha, thats totally cool.
One of my best friends is a huge Madonna fan. It's in his blood.
And I truely meant that I do still think she's "got it".
I just think she could be evolving as an aritst in different ways that will somehow speak to her age as it is now.
Now that is a very difficult thing to do as our society is very youth obsessed.
But others have done it. Celine/Streisand (Cher not in the same way). And I just think that if anyone can age gracefully and make it seem cool and hype it would be Madonna.
I just have not seen that yet.

Well she has done it before, "Bedtime Stories" in 1994 was kinda old...and "Ray of Light", "Music" are both very age appropriate for her. I see "Confessions On A Dancefloor" pretty much matching it as well. But apart from your point that the society is youth-obsessed, I guess people in general can't accept that they're already over half a century old so the existence of "Hard Candy" really doesn't surprise me...And both Celine and Streisand been flopping for years, it's obvious why Madonna wouldn't go their route...