Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Malwa warning

supercarriefan

I started getting this message for the first time today. I got it on both Internet Explorer and Firefox.
My computer scans everyday automatically, and it hasn't caught anything dangerous from the site.

Oneal

My computer started redirecting me to that file2source site. Once that happens you are infected. My anti virus protection was not picking it up despite scans. I ended up having to delete numerous files that this problem seemed to attach to. Bottom line, something about this site caused it. I'm now posting from my phone.

James

Administrator
Clear your cache and cookies... Just tried it in all three browsers and that pos IE and it's not happening. It doesn't download anything, it's a simple redirection hack that's exploiting the code used to make pretty readable urls.

To whomever asked, yes the Like features was part of that code.

Think it's time to dump the forum anyway and move to something more maintainable.... :)

Ann055

Oh, James, I hope you don't dump the forum!!! I know we all so appreciate everything you do for us. You know, people just complain sometimes...just like in real life. We're all such a family here -- I don't know what I would do if I didn't have all the friends I've made here to talk to every day.

I'm sorry you do so much work for us and you aren't appreciated as much as you should be!!!!! In any event, thank you so much for all that you do for us!!! I truly love this forum!!!!!

James

Administrator
Ann05 that's not what I meant. I meant changing software to something more manageable. vBulletin has turned into an expensive beast and now it's got this problem plaguing it. Not good. Wonder if I could convert the whole thing over to wordpress.... :)

Ann055

Ann05 that's not what I meant. I meant changing software to something more manageable. vBulletin has turned into an expensive beast and now it's got this problem plaguing it. Not good. Wonder if I could convert the whole thing over to wordpress.... :)

Oh, good...thanks James!!!! Whew...I almost passed out...lol I don't have a clue how you do all of this, so I am so thankful for whatever you provide for us. Thanks again so much!!!

P.S. I'm on IE & I have never received the message.

kewlie78189

is there any way this malaware thing can be fixed? it pops up still every time I change the page on my mac and its really annoying!!

countryfan2006

I agree with you that this thing on firefox is really getting annoying but hey what can do you about this, but we just have to use Internet Explorer until this is fix on firefox and i'm still getting the warning.

boilermaker

You can just click ignore the warning on Firefox and you'll get through. It isn't a warning from your virus protection program just the browser.

Marie2011

i haven't gotten the warning yet (am i the only one) i use IE and i just type in carriefans.com and just so to the website and have a anti-versus thing that scans my labtop automatically every night, and no threats has been detected.

James

Administrator
Ok reload all the code, upgraded the software to the latest versions. The site scans clean by all the Malware checkers. Gotta wait on Google to rescan it now but the thing should go away shortly.