Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Mar 28] All Together Now - A Celebration of Service (Official Event Discussion)

opry051008

Airing on NBC

Start time: 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time

New York, NY – March 14, 2011 – “All Together Now – A Celebration of Service” will honor President George H. W. Bush for his commitment to promoting the value of service and volunteerism in the United States. The special will bring all four former presidents together including, President and Mrs. George W. Bush, President and Mrs. Jimmy Carter and President William J. Clinton, who will serve as honorary co-chair. The event will take place at the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. and will air on NBC on Monday, March 28 (8-9 PM ET).

The lineup will bring together some of the biggest acts in country music, soul and rock in a unique program celebrating the powerful role voluntary service can play in overcoming the challenges our communities face in the 21st century. The star-studded event will feature performances by today’s hottest musicians including Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, Cee Lo Green, Reba McEntire, Sam Moore, Brad Paisley, Kid Rock, Darius Rucker and Carrie Underwood.

“All Together Now” is a production of the Points of Light Institute, an organization that inspires, equips and mobilizes people to take action that changes the world.

NBC TO BROADCAST

DaisyTweets

I just hope that the president doesn't speak for longer than a half hour!!! i don't want to see any of this program skipped!!!! And don't think i'm a bad American because of my wish!!! LOL I usually listen to all of his speeches and press conferences even though I don't agree with 95% of what he has to say.

pch2006

Bush Sr. is getting an award tonight, so that will take away some of the performance times. Hope we get to see both of Carrie's performances.

Gator

^^ Agree. However, the issue of a Q&A session following the speech was not mentioned. Hopefully that means he will not be taking questions.

DaisyTweets

^^ Agree. However, the issue of a Q&A session following the speech was not mentioned. Hopefully that means he will not be taking questions.
Hopefully since this is a speech there won't be any questions like there is at a press conference.

Gator

Hopefully since this is a speech there won't be any questions like there is at a press conference.

I only mentioned it since I heard he's not giving the speech from the White House, but can't recall the location. That's why I mentioned the Q&A session possibility, eventhough I didn't think there would be one.

DaisyTweets

They better not cut this. It would be rude of him to cut into another President's time.

Well to be honest I think he's giving it now so they didn't have to preempt or delay the start of Dancing With the Stars. I know that probably sounds crazy but since that show is one of, if not the highest rated show on network TV I think there was probably pressure to go before the two hour show starts.