Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Jackson Tribute Concert Announced for 10-8-11 in Wales!

teesharky

The Jackson family gave a press release today that an official MJ Tribute concert will take place before 75,000 people in Wales on October 8th! Sounds amazing!

They said that the artists participating are people Michael admired or was friends with over his life.
They did not announce any names yet, but I think we can expect the following people:

1. Smokey Robinson
2. Lionel Richie
3. Celine dion
4. Usher
5. Chris Brown
6. Jen Hudson
7. His Family- Jackson 5- and Janet
8. Possibly Aretha Franklin
9. Donna summer (they were close)
10. Sheryl Crow? She sang backup for him.

11. Carrie Underwood??? *** (she was asked to perform at the Grammy tribute by Michael's producer, family, etc, since he said he admired her, so you never know)***

***** many more: I am just picking the people that were at the funeral, and Grammy MJ tribute as well as BET tribute (which is why I included Chris Brown).

I am not going to get my hopes up too much for Carrie, but considering that they specifically said it was people MICHAEL admired, not people THEY wanted there, she certainly has a chance of being asked, based on the Grammy invite for his tribute then.

Farawayhills

This is a very exciting possibility, Tee!

Apparently, Michael Jackson mentioned that he was very keen to work with Carrie just before he died - so I do think we could hope that the family might be gracious enough to honour that sentiment - although obviously, there would be many artists to consider.

I'd be over the moon if Carrie came to the UK in any capacity. The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff is the Welsh national Rugby football stadium, and to be realistic, Carrie alone would not have the name recognition here to appear at a venue like that if she toured. To take a similar example, when the Dixie Chicks appeared at the English national Rugger stadium at Twickenham, as support act to the Eagles, it was a failure - they didn't have the drawing power to interest such a vast crowd. US Country acts do have choose smaller venues here. So (while not wanting in any way to detract from the focus on Michael Jackson's memory), such a date would be an exceptional opportunity for Carrie to be recognized in the UK. Once she was recognized in the company of international artists of established stature, she could really take off here.

teesharky

^ I agree. This will be THE SHOW and THE PLACE TO BE in the month of October. Everyone will want tickets, and it will get tons of hype and buzz.

If Carrie got to go and perform even one song, or a duet with someone, etc-- it would be a HUGE moment for her career overseas....and a great way to introduce herself to the UK, Wales, and the world. lol

Hey--- Soul Surfer does come out 9-23 in the UK, just 2 weeks before this show. Carrie is in vegas 9-23 but I suppose she could fly out later that week to the UK to promote Soul Surfer, her album, and do a small promo tour there like she did for Australia, which was also timed conveniently right when Soul Surfer came out in Australia.

If Carrie did that, she would possibly be overseas anyway at the time of the concert, if she toured around and did 1.5 weeks, etc.

Gosh I am getting my hopes up way too much again. lol

teesharky

yeah it is nice to dream. lol

Carrie hasn't mentioned any surprises for us in a long long time, so I feel neglected. lol Hopefully this would be one. lol