Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike Fisher/Carrie Ottawa Goodbye Letter

glenn7

Fisher thanks Ottawa in goodbye letter - Silver Seven

WOWSER!!!!!

The always classy Mike Fisher published a full-page advertisement in the Ottawa Citizen today thanking Ottawa and the Senators for supporting him while he lived and played here. Here's the full text:

Dear Senators Fans and Fellow Citizens of the Ottawa Area,

For the past 11 years I have had the pleasure of calling Ottawa my home. I have matured here both as a hockey player and a person. Throughout my time in Ottawa the fans of the Senators and the entire community have been a tremendous support to my teammates and I through good times and bad. It was my honor to be able to give back in some small way by working with Roger’s House and many other worthy groups, individuals and causes in and around Ottawa.

I am extremely blessed to have had the privilege of being a member of your community. The friendships I have forged here are ones that I will truly cherish forever.

Ottawa is a tremendous city and I will miss playing in front of you every night. Though I am sad to be leaving, I am very grateful to the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club for giving me the chance to realize my dream of becoming an NHL player. In particular, I would wish to thank Mr. Eugene Melnyk and Mr. Bryan Murray for their respect, professionalism and the generosity that they have shown to me and my family through the years. It was a lot of fun playing in front of some of the greatest hockey fans in the world, and that will never be forgotten.

For everything that you have done for me and my family, I did not want to leave Ottawa without expressing my sincere gratitude and appreciation to the entire community.

On behalf of Carrie and I and our families,

Thank you Ottawa….For everything.

Mike Fisher
Just proves what most people already knew: Fisher was (" IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE" my insert) a great person. Hopefully he's still around in the community in the off-season.

Carrie has a keeper, what a class act. God Bless & Keep them BOTH ALWAYS!!!

jeff

just another fan
i kinda expected he would do something like that. won't surprise me if he went back to Ottawa this offseason and did some autograph session like Jaro Halak did. maybe other athletes dont really do stuff like, but hockey guys do.

carrieforV

that was awsome what an amazing guy! if olny more people were like him!! carrie is very lucky to have him!!!

lab

:balling::balling::balling:
Fisher thanks Ottawa in goodbye letter - Silver Seven

WOWSER!!!!!

The always classy Mike Fisher published a full-page advertisement in the Ottawa Citizen today thanking Ottawa and the Senators for supporting him while he lived and played here. Here's the full text:

Dear Senators Fans and Fellow Citizens of the Ottawa Area,

For the past 11 years I have had the pleasure of calling Ottawa my home. I have matured here both as a hockey player and a person. Throughout my time in Ottawa the fans of the Senators and the entire community have been a tremendous support to my teammates and I through good times and bad. It was my honor to be able to give back in some small way by working with Roger’s House and many other worthy groups, individuals and causes in and around Ottawa.

I am extremely blessed to have had the privilege of being a member of your community. The friendships I have forged here are ones that I will truly cherish forever.

Ottawa is a tremendous city and I will miss playing in front of you every night. Though I am sad to be leaving, I am very grateful to the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club for giving me the chance to realize my dream of becoming an NHL player. In particular, I would wish to thank Mr. Eugene Melnyk and Mr. Bryan Murray for their respect, professionalism and the generosity that they have shown to me and my family through the years. It was a lot of fun playing in front of some of the greatest hockey fans in the world, and that will never be forgotten.

For everything that you have done for me and my family, I did not want to leave Ottawa without expressing my sincere gratitude and appreciation to the entire community.

On behalf of Carrie and I and our families,

Thank you Ottawa….For everything.

Mike Fisher
Just proves what most people already knew: Fisher was (" IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE" my insert) a great person. Hopefully he's still around in the community in the off-season.

Carrie has a keeper, what a class act. God Bless & Keep them BOTH ALWAYS!!!

:balling::balling:

WOW!!! This LETTER BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES!!! "Nashville" is ONE, LUCKY CITY!!!

supercarriefan

Mike is a class act. I love that he mentioned how much being able to give back to the community (Roger's House, etc) meant to him during his time as a Senator...really shows how much he values doing good things for others!

bree

Class act is right. He's definitely a stand-up guy. I really like how he included Carrie in the letter!

cpeTN89

This is really amazing. I am so glad that Carrie has found someone just as classy and God driven as she is to spend the rest of her life together. They definitely make a beautiful couple.

rosie08

WOW!! that was so heart felt gave me chill bumps..i guess this is the reason Carrie fell head over hills for Mike.

CarriesFan28

I agree with everyone, that sounded so sweet. He really felt connected to that community and hopefully Nashville fans realize what type of guy their getting. A person that is a total class act and the perfect representative you would want for your team in the community. Hopefully Mike quickly becomes a fan favorite.

mlawlor

I had a thought (perhaps I'll ask Carrie on the OFC although I most likely won't benefit from it, myself not being from the Ottawa area). Since Fisherwood was really big in charities in Ottawa, does anyone think Carrie would want to auction off her Fisher jersey she wore at the last Ottawa concert? (perhaps autograph it, as well?)

dreamer11

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:balling: What a nice letter....they deserve each other... Carrie & Mike you're such a wonderful people:ccbear131