Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike Fisher Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokyiiis

I have it on excellent authority that Mike Fisher was traded to the Nashville Predators. I can see them moving and spending almost all of their time in Nashville now.

Smokyiiis

It is very much official now on the Nashville Predators website. Carrie is jumping for joy!!!!!!

Jade_kt

Wow. I wonder how Mike and/or Carrie feels about this? If they are happy or sad. Well at least it will make it easier for Carrie and Mike to be together.

allirishgirl

Why would Carrie get backlash?

im sure it wasnt by accident that he got traded to Nashville........
Carrie always said she would never expect him to move from Sens but you never know how sports fans will react
i hated Posh when Becks got sold to Madrid

Kizmet311

OMG, crap, wow, I don't know what to say! I don't follow the NHL at all, but this is so shocking to me. I know Mike wanted to play out his career in Ottawa since it is his home. No wonder Carrie has been so quiet. I'm sure she's been supporting her hubby through all this. Right now, I think this is probably the #1 priority in the Fisher household, not another single for Carrie. This affects their lives a lot more than whether or not Carrie has another single!

I'm not sure how much of an impact this will actually have on their lives, except when she's recording her album (if she even records in Nashville). Because when Carrie wasn't doing work, I think she was in Ottawa when Mike had home games. She's still not going to travel to his away games and he's not going to be able to tour with her except in off season. So, other than her home in Nashville being their "main" home, I don't think it will have a huge impact on their day to day lives. Whenever they both aren't working, they can still choose whether to spend that time in Nashville or in Ottawa. So, I don't think they'll necessarily get to spend "more" time together, Mike will just be spending more time in Nashville.

Jade_kt

I hope Mike isn't too bummed as I know how much he loved playing for Senators. I hope he had some say in this and that he wanted to go to the Predators since he has alot of ties to Nashville and not just thru Carrie but has friends there too.

Kizmet311

OMG, I just heard the news! :)

Apparently, he'll be playing with them this Saturday.

Oh, wow that quick! I figured it would be next season. Boy oh boy, poor Carrie and Mike. I'm sure that's a major upheaval for any athlete and they were just getting settled in their new Ottawa home. So, I guess they'll be spending more time in Nashville than Ottawa for the next few months while she records and he practices/plays hockey. Wow. It's still so surprising.

Oh, and you know some people in Canada are going to say it's her fault.

Jade_kt

And to think they just built a house there too. I wonder if they will sell it or just keep it since they can use it when they go back to Ottawa to visit Mike's friends and family there.

Kizmet311

I hope Mike isn't too bummed as I know how much I loved playing for Senators. I hope he had some say in this and that he wanted to go to the Predators since he has alot of ties to Nashville and not just thru Carrie but has friends there too.

I didn't know you played for the Senators. ;)

opry051008

I hope Mike isn't too bummed as I know how much I loved playing for Senators. I hope he had some say in this and that he wanted to go to the Predators since he has alot of ties to Nashville and not just thru Carrie but has friends there too.

Apparently there were two teams in talks for Mike so I'm really glad it worked out to be Nashville.

Kizmet311

And to think they just built a house there too. I wonder if they will sell it or just keep it since they can use it when they go back to Ottawa to visit Mike's friends and family there.

I think they'll keep it. It will be a nice place for them to go spend time with Mike's family and to just get away when they are both not working. I wouldn't think he would want to lose that place to call home in Ottawa. Especially since I'm sure they had it built just the way they wanted it.

Well, we all have something new and exciting to talk about on CF now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.